Pre-Thread For Me To Possibly Eat Crow

SF-Wald

No matter what the score is ill be back here tomorrow. So if the niners get dominated come here after the game and give me some crow.

Go niners. Quest for 6!

Here's to a good game.

Doubt it's domination on either side, Niners are too good and so are the Falcons.

Another nail biter

Falcons 31

Niners. 28

powerful posting.

i wana post in this thread and leave this space available for my excuses

bad calls

so and so got injured

"THAT WAS NOT A FUMBLE"

Crabtrees head wasnt in the game

Kaepernick decided to channel the ghost of jamal lord and ended up actually playing like him

I didint see the game my son got sick, i have bigger things to worry about

these are my pre-made excuses if we lose.

powerful posting.

bad calls

so and so got injured

"THAT WAS NOT A FUMBLE"

Kaepernick decided to channel the ghost of jamal lord and ended up actually playing like him

+1 for a ******* jamal lord reference...

of all the people on earth... ahahahaha

powerful posting.

bad calls

so and so got injured

"THAT WAS NOT A FUMBLE"

So you're a fake 49er fan, based on your account name. Why make excuses.

+1 for a ******* jamal lord reference...

of all the people on earth... ahahahaha

i just remember random players for no reason.

Crabtree decided to channel the spirit of el roberson by taking a rape charge days before the biggest day of his life. because i was thinking about that, i thought of another overrated big 12 flop, jamal "i can only run the option" lord

So you're a fake 49er fan, based on your account name. Why make excuses.

**** no im not. Buddy i live in oakland, i also have lived outside hunters point when i was young and on subsidized housing. Let me put it to you like this, i helped my cousin put up a hung effigy of john elway on the back of his tow truck in 1990.

i stuck with this team when everyone left. when dennis erickson came in and did NOTHING i stayed. when we dropped garcia for tim rattay, then started ken dorsey, then cody freakin pickett, i stayed.

we drafted alex smith (who i never was big on because he came from a gimmicky shotgun offense) i stayed.

when singletary looked like he had no concept of being a head coach, i stayed.

when aneas williams knocked my hero steve young out of the game and ended his career, i stayed.

when my other cousin started dating chuck levy, the worst 3rd down back ever, I DEFINATELY stayed for the free tickets.

Not all 49er fans tow the same line my friend.

**** no im not. Buddy i live in oakland, i also have lived outside hunters point when i was young and on subsidized housing. Let me put it to you like this, i helped my cousin put up a hung effigy of john elway on the back of his tow truck in 1990.

i stuck with this team when everyone left. when dennis erickson came in and did NOTHING i stayed. when we dropped garcia for tim rattay, then started ken dorsey, then cody freakin pickett, i stayed.

we drafted alex smith (who i never was big on because he came from a gimmicky shotgun offense) i stayed.

when aneas williams knocked my hero steve young out of the game and ended his career, i stayed.

when my other cousin started dating chuck levy, the worst 3rd down back ever, I DEFINATELY stayed for the free tickets.

I'll ask a 9ers fan this how much of an advantage do you see as Mike Nolan being our DC here in Atlanta.

If the niners win I won't gloat. Even though there are two or three people I would love to talk some ish to.

No if you win you can talk as much as you like.

If we lose like I mentioned to many Seattle wannabe's that were on here last week I will not be making excuses.

The better team won so that team shall take the spoils.

Did u grow up in bayview?

Ever since I was born I've been a fan.

Niners win two game with Erickson? I rocked my niner backpack and niner shoes everyday to school. Red and gold. It wasn't easy being a fan the last years, but true fans don't just watch when their team wins.

I'll ask a 9ers fan this how much of an advantage do you see as Mike Nolan being our DC here in Atlanta.

Nolan schemes well and is one of the most knowledgeable DCs in the game. But I couldn't stand his bend but don't break D, and his infamous "big nickel" . I felt that he gave teams too many chances to get easy stuff and control the clock.

Nolan is a good DC, but he wasnt a good head coach, but if you look at denver they played decently under nolan, same with the ravens. he also picked several players that are still playing for us.

Look at how the falcons are built on defense, its VERY similar to us, fast and small, he likes that. However this isnt the same team he coached, if alex smith was starting, honestly you would have a good advantage going in because smith is only good for about 20 yards, but with Kapernick starting he has to scheme and do it like everyone else.

the type of defense you guys are running is what we used to run here, using speed to clog up the running lanes, the problem is that you guys dont wrap up all that well sometimes, but generally a falcon is in the vicinity ready to lay some wood on a player.

but again, there were many times where we were completely unprepared some games and it was frustrate, I.E when we played the bears in 06 and got ran out of soldier field, but that was him as a head coach, as a DC hes a great addition because he knows personel very very well.

Nolan is a good DC, but he wasnt a good head coach, but if you look at denver they played decently under nolan, same with the ravens. he also picked several players that are still playing for us.

Look at how the falcons are built on defense, its VERY similar to us, fast and small, he likes that. However this isnt the same team he coached, if alex smith was starting, honestly you would have a good advantage going in because smith is only good for about 20 yards, but with Kapernick starting he has to scheme and do it like everyone else.

the type of defense you guys are running is what we used to run here, using speed to clog up the running lanes, the problem is that you guys dont wrap up all that well sometimes, but generally a falcon is in the vicinity ready to lay some wood on a player.

but again, there were many times where we were completely unprepared some games and it was frustrate, I.E when we played the bears in 06 and got ran out of soldier field, but that was him as a head coach, as a DC hes a great addition because he knows personel very very well.

Nolan typically doesn't like small guys. He primarily coached big 3-4 / hybrid teams.

Also, I would say the niners D is anything from small. We have a big, physical frog seven.

Edited by SF-Wald

Us falcon fans are praying for Nolan to hang around regardless of the result.

The biggest things I think all us Falcon fans have noticed under Nolan is the disguise he use's to hide what he's trying to do and the other huge thing is mid game adjustments.

Since he has come in basically we have had the same defensive personnel for the last 3 seasons and he has them doing multiple things within his scheme using the players to there strength.Whereas our last DC Brian Van Gorder was very rigid was CAKE at making mid game adjustments and when we played elite type QB's the defense would get torched because of the Vanilla play-calling.

All of the above mentioned has changed under Nolan and against that elite type QB we have been very good this year.

Nolan typically doesn't like small guys. He primarily coached big 3-4 / hybrid teams.

Also, I would say the niners D is anything from small. We have a big, physical frog seven.

let me rephrase, by "small" i mean our line isnt gigantic, the falcons are the same way, their line isnt huge by any means.

Edited by Dumb9erfan

Nolan schemes well and is one of the most knowledgeable DCs in the game. But I couldn't stand his bend but don't break D, and his infamous "big nickel" . I felt that he gave teams too many chances to get easy stuff and control the clock.

I think the BBDB type stuff is a big trend defensively in the NFL though with the rules the way they are the defensive players are being officiated out of the game hence some of the Vanilla BBDB Tampa 2 BS that goes on with alot of teams.I mean the yards between the 20s if you don't score can be meaningless but as long as you can lock teams up and force FG's instead of TD's I guess if your a DC it is viewed as a win.

Edited by kiwifalcon