Ace Sanders Declares For Draft

falcon90

I've used a 6th round pick to mock this guy to us -- I guess that's too late?

I'm still hoping he falls past the 4th....have a feeling diminutive guys will fall in this draft after watching guys like Noel Devine flame out of the league. Trindon Holliday may reverse that course, but he's a return man only. And I freakin' wanted him on the Falcons.

Sanders could be electric as our 4th WR, but more importantly as our return man. We need a threat back there. Holliday almost single handedly beat the Ravens.

We could also just pick up Chris Rainey for a few bucks and tell him to watch film of Holliday and just return kicks and punts. I'd rather pick up Rainey than use a draft pick on a return man. Rainey also brings an ability to play out of the backfield as a RB, making a shotgun set very dangerous.

I've used a 6th round pick to mock this guy to us -- I guess that's too late?

I'm still hoping he falls past the 4th....have a feeling diminutive guys will fall in this draft after watching guys like Noel Devine flame out of the league. Trindon Holliday may reverse that course, but he's a return man only. And I freakin' wanted him on the Falcons.

Sanders could be electric as our 4th WR, but more importantly as our return man. We need a threat back there. Holliday almost single handedly beat the Ravens.

We could also just pick up Chris Rainey for a few bucks and tell him to watch film of Holliday and just return kicks and punts. I'd rather pick up Rainey than use a draft pick on a return man. Rainey also brings an ability to play out of the backfield as a RB, making a shotgun set very dangerous.

Rainey was arrested on the 10th for simple battery. I rather get Ace with one of our fourths or fifth round pick.

Rainey was arrested on the 10th for simple battery. I rather get Ace with one of our fourths or fifth round pick.

I know that's why Rainey is available. Rainey brings a skillset out of the backfield that we currently lack and sorely need. Perhaps this is the guy that we remove the filter for, low risk and very high reward AND TD doesn't have to use one of his draft picks.

I'd rather have Rainey and use that 4th or 5th on Marcus Lattimore, for example. That combo would be very nice imo for a while. Could still get Rainey and Ace, however.

I know that's why Rainey is available. Rainey brings a skillset out of the backfield that we currently lack and sorely need. Perhaps this is the guy that we remove the filter for, low risk and very high reward AND TD doesn't have to use one of his draft picks.

I'd rather have Rainey and use that 4th or 5th on Marcus Lattimore, for example. That combo would be very nice imo for a while. Could still get Rainey and Ace, however.

And that's why we probably won't get Rainey. It is plenty of good backs littered throughout the draft. Ace gives you value as well since he is a pretty good slot receiver as well.