49Ers-Falcons: Is Whitner Ready For Gonzalez?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to disappoint you 9er fans but be honest you got no one who can cover TG 1 on 1 your only hope is if you get pressure upfront but if we protect like we did last week good luck with the notion that any of your LBers can cover a guy who has some of thee best hands in the NFL.The worst thing of it all is he doesn't even have to get open Ryan will throw the ball into tight spots and rely on TG to make a play he's been doing it every year he's been with us and I see anything changing now.

Hate to disappoint you 9er fans but be honest you got no one who can cover TG 1 on 1 your only hope is if you get pressure upfront but if we protect like we did last week good luck with the notion that any of your LBers can cover a guy who has some of thee best hands in the NFL.The worst thing of it all is he doesn't even have to get open Ryan will throw the ball into tight spots and rely on TG to make a play he's been doing it every year he's been with us and I see anything changing now.

How exactly did the Giants manage to hold your offense to 3 points last season? You guys can be shut-down

7-8-1 buddy. Nice try.

You've literally resorted to pointing out the half game advantage in a 49er opponent as compared to the record of an opponent of the Falcons. This is a useless conversation.

The Falcons just put up 30 against the top scoring defense in the league. There's no denying their offensive firepower. They are playing at home tomorrow and have won more games than any other team in the NFL.

If you need to pretend that they aren't an intimidating opponent or downplay the threat of someone like Tony Gonzalez (Willis will have to prove he can stop Tony before any of us believe it, and we're not wrong for that), then you are obviously hiding your insecurities about this game.

The 49ers may very well lose tomorrow. Get used to the idea, because there is a strong likelihood that it is going to happen.

How exactly did the Giants manage to hold your offense to 3 points last season? You guys can be shut-down

That was last season. That's like saying we will win the special teams battle THIS year because that's what cost the 9ers the game LAST year. Your special teams can choke.

Besides, we have different coordinators now and this game will be played in the GA Dome.

Patrick Willis: 6 years in the league.

6 pro bowls, 5 first team all Pros, 1 second team all pro.

It is pretty ridiculous that you cannot accept the fact that he is a great player.

get over it. Nobody said he wasnt a great player. They just like their chances with him in pass coverage against tony. And yes if willis has to be concerned with covering TG all game thats a plus for Atlanta's offense. I much rather him be in coverage than physically dominating the l.o.s.

Umm the rams won 7 games

EVERYONE in our division won 7 games

You may want to rethink that stance there buddy boy.

SF-Wald, on 19 January 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

7-8-1 buddy. Nice try.

You must be really ********.

I said the Rams won 7 games.....and you refute my info by posting that the rams won .... 7 games.

Does it hurt to be that stupid?

You stated I was wrong, yet I was 100% accurate. So what are you arguing then...

I said better record. 7-8-1 is better than 7-9.

How does this make me ******** / stupid -- as you eloquently said.

Edited by SF-Wald

You've literally resorted to pointing out the half game advantage in a 49er opponent as compared to the record of an opponent of the Falcons. This is a useless conversation.

The Falcons just put up 30 against the top scoring defense in the league. There's no denying their offensive firepower. They are playing at home tomorrow and have won more games than any other team in the NFL.

If you need to pretend that they aren't an intimidating opponent or downplay the threat of someone like Tony Gonzalez (Willis will have to prove he can stop Tony before any of us believe it, and we're not wrong for that), then you are obviously hiding your insecurities about this game.

The 49ers may very well lose tomorrow. Get used to the idea, because there is a strong likelihood that it is going to happen.

This is why I didn't even bother arguing. It's not even an argument. It's basically "my team is better, whatever you want to say, my team will always be better".

You stated I was wrong, yet I was 100% accurate. So what are you arguing then...

I said better record. 7-8-1 is better than 7-9.

How does this make me ******** / stupid -- as you eloquently said.

The man said every team in the NFC South won 7 games behind us. You proceed to post the Rams 7-8-1 record as an example of why the man's statement was wrong and didn't support any argument.

Keep pounding the chest of your defense. We may have had the easier schedule, but we saw the harder offenses and haven't fallen off a cliff recently. Yall have given up over 26 points a game the last 5 weeks. That's tied for 25th in the NFL with the Chiefs. We have given up 19.6 PPG the last 5 games. That's tied for 6th with the Steelers. That's just one spot lower than our #5 ranking. That defense is beatable. Just know that. You don't have to accept it, just know it.

The man said every team in the NFC South won 7 games behind us. You proceed to post the Rams 7-8-1 record as an example of why the man's statement was wrong and didn't support any argument.

Not true, this is exactly what was said:

SF-Wald, on 19 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

The rams-- yes the team with a better record than anyone in your division. The a falcons had the easiest schedule in the league, so don't play the "bad competition card"

(Then he says this) Umm the rams won 7 games

EVERYONE in our division won 7 games

You may want to rethink that stance there buddy boy.

Then he said:

You must be really ********.

I said the Rams won 7 games.....and you refute my info by posting that the rams won .... 7 games.

Does it hurt to be that stupid?

Edited by SF-Wald

Any offense in the league can be shut down with a dominant front 4 like the Giants have that were playing well.

My point being is this your kidding yourself if Ryan gets time that you think anyone of your LBers can cover the greatest TE ever to play the game 1 on 1 your straight up fooling yourself.

PS Week 15 redemption Falcons 34 Giants 0 thanks for reminding everyone of that also.

If the 9ers aren't using their safeties to double Roddy and Julio their corners are going to get ashed

Brown held GB's recievers for like 17 yards, He's hot. I wouldn't be surprised if he picks off Ryan. And to the guy who said we're 4th in pass D cause we play the Rams and Cards, well we played them last season and we were 16th in pass D, rams were worse last season. Ranked 4th in pass D and played the top offenses in the NFL is impressive

Brown held GB's recievers for like 17 yards, He's hot. I wouldn't be surprised if he picks off Ryan. And to the guy who said we're 4th in pass D cause we play the Rams and Cards, well we played them last season and we were 16th in pass D, rams were worse last season. Ranked 4th in pass D and played the top offenses in the NFL is impressive

While what you have mentioned sounds impressive I'm taking Roddy and Julio 1 on 1 vs any of your DB's any day of the week and you can believe this again if he gets time and Ryan see's the fore mentioned you can bet Ryan will be throwing it for one of our wideouts and they'll make a make a play more times then not.

While what you have mentioned sounds impressive I'm taking Roddy and Julio 1 on 1 vs any of your DB's any day of the week and you can believe this again if he gets time and Ryan see's the fore mentioned you can bet Ryan will be throwing it for one of our wideouts and they'll make a make a play more times then not.

Why would we would single cover Roddy and Julio.

Pro bowl means nothing, but all pro is completely different. It isn't voted by fans and isn't a popularity contest. Also, to be honest, I don't think Abe or any of the guys you mentioned are elite at their position. Good solid nfl players, yes, but not elite.

Secondly, guarding a TE doesn't mean that we lose focus on the running game. If Willis is on Tony, then we still have Bowman--who has the second most tackles in the nfl. Also we can bring in corners or others to guard tony in third and long and Patrick can roam the field to mix it up. He doesn't have to be glued to him the entire game. But Patrick and Navarro have so much speed that passes to Snelling and Rodgers aren't as simple as usual.

All Pro is voted by the media and watching this years Falcons team, you can see that bias exists. Abe is better thn Aldon Smith. Creates his own and doesnt need a Justin Smith to help him.

Secondly, if you bring in corners and others to guard Tony, you will giving us a huge matchup advantage. I hope you do that. As far as passes to backs, I really dont see us using plays that would require speed to defend. Rodgers usually runs swing routes and is dumpoff option out of the backfield. Its not as if they are going downfield for the ball. Speed in pursuit on those plays would help, but not nearly as much a open field tackling ability, which will be tested when trying to bring down Quizz

All Pro is voted by the media and watching this years Falcons team, you can see that bias exists. Abe is better thn Aldon Smith. Creates his own and doesnt need a Justin Smith to help him.

Secondly, if you bring in corners and others to guard Tony, you will giving us a huge matchup advantage. I hope you do that. As far as passes to backs, I really dont see us using plays that would require speed to defend. Rodgers usually runs swing routes and is dumpoff option out of the backfield. Its not as if they are going downfield for the ball. Speed in pursuit on those plays would help, but not nearly as much a open field tackling ability, which will be tested when trying to bring down Quizz

John Abraham is not as good as Aldon Smith. Aldon set the rcord for most sacks in a players first two seasons, beating Reggie white and Bruce smith. Aldon already has beat Abe for most sacks in a season, and Aldon's other season would be Abe's second best.

Aldon is something special.

Edited by SF-Wald

GB doesn't have 1 receiver the of the physical talent of Jones, White or Gonzalez

Jones is a man amongst boys

He's got 20 pounds on any of your corners and can leave them in the dustIt's going to be a long day at the office for them today

Edited by JulioHOFer

GB doesn't have 1 receiver the of the physical talent of Jones, White or Gonzalez

Jones is a man amongst boys

He's got 20 pounds on any of your corners and can leave them in the dustIt's going to be a long day at the office for them today

Why are Rodgers numbers so superior to Ryan's the ?