Teddy Bruschi: "falcons Are One Of The Worst Tackling Teams In The Nfl"

g-dawg

http://espn.go.com/b...atlanta-preview

G-Dawg Prediction: Falcons 31, Niners 30....

I want to get that out the way before you guys start pelting me with beer cans.

Now, onto what Bruschi said - and he was a probowl linebacker who knows a thing or two about tackling.

He's 100% right. Falcons are a bad tackling team. Assante dives at the ground (ala Deion Sanders) and Dunta Robinson tries to tackle everybody with his helmet and shoulder pads. 'Spoon is insanely talented but he is not great in the open field against running backs - good cover man and blitz man though. DeCoud whiffs too much in openfield as well.

I think Falcons will win this game by outscoring the Niners. Nolan is great DC with the Falcons with an immobile QB. I don't really blame Nolan for our inability to stop running QBs - and we haven't - RGIII just had a bad game against us.

We have got to get a few guys on our defense that know how to tackle next year.

Falcons will win.....but it will be because we just flat-out outscore the competition.....

commence the pelting....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And on the other side, the 49ers tackle exceptionally well. Might be the best team in the league at it.

don't disagree......I understand why "on paper" everyone thinks the Niners will win. Falcons are not an "on paper" team.......we win with intangibles and just a tenacity when the game is on the line.

If this game is a blowout, then niners probably win. However if this game is close going into the 4th quarter - and I think it will be - watch out - Falcons don't lose close games at home - we have tremendous/freaky knack for always pulling out the close ones.

your butt cheeks are gonna pucker if Falcons within six points of Niners in 4th quarter. I see another Matt Bryant kick at the end for the win...

here's more blasphemy: around Week 7, i told my buddies this Falcons team could win the Super Bowl, but it would have to be like '09 Saints - high-powered offense with a D that gets timely turnovers. The D has proven to be better than that (the 3rd and 4th down stops vs SEA are evidence of that). But overall, this team is going to have to rely on an Offense that imposes its will on the opponent and scores whatever is necessary to win. the 'Spoon forced fumble on Lynch in the 1st half is the kind of play that HAS to be happening. i was expecting an Asante pick last week. hopefully it comes this week.

I've given up on all the 9er Falcon threads your pretty much re-reading the same old info rehashed thrown in with a bit of input from our friends from the West Coast.

Your Mock 2.0 thread has been the most interesting to me over the last 48 hours,bring on the GAME.

PS Tackling across the NFL technique wise is below average to appalling you want to learn how to tackle with correct technique go and hire a NRL defensive coach.I got a couple of guys in mind Trevor The AXE Gillmiester or Tonie Tunza Carroll.

These 2 guys probably weigh in the 190-200 LB region but they would drop bull elephants head on at close range without any issues everytime.

don't disagree......I understand why "on paper" everyone thinks the Niners will win. Falcons are not an "on paper" team.......we win with intangibles and just a tenacity when the game is on the line.

If this game is a blowout, then niners probably win. However if this game is close going into the 4th quarter - and I think it will be - watch out - Falcons don't lose close games at home - we have tremendous/freaky knack for always pulling out the close ones.

your butt cheeks are gonna pucker if Falcons within six points of Niners in 4th quarter. I see another Matt Bryant kick at the end for the win...

Mine won't be puckering because usually if it's close by the fourth quarter, the niner's have beat down their opponents physically, controlled them and the game, and have begun taking over the game. It usually means our opponent is on the ropes. And then, they just close the game out.

Your front 7, is that a big front 7?

Edited by 49erguest

This is a good thread. It is an unfortunate truth about our team. The most unfortunate part is that they actually CAN tackle well, they just don't. Willy Mo is obviously our best tackler in the secondary.

i think its mcclain, he actually wraps up. everyone else goes for the kill shot or just throws a shoulder and expect people to go down