Why We Win, Courtesy Of A Sf Fan

beernuts

Mere happenstance, unless you believe in witch doctor superstition. If the Falcons win it will be because they outplayed the 49ers, not because the Niners won the two previous games.

No if we win it there will be 100 excuses as to why. Maybe not by you - but we will be the biggest Super Bowl underdog ever and all the reasons we lucked out and beat you will be out there along with all the reasons we will lose the next one.

Been that way for years - won't change now.

No if we win it there will be 100 excuses as to why. Maybe not by you - but we will be the biggest Super Bowl underdog ever and all the reasons we lucked out and beat you will be out there along with all the reasons we will lose the next one.

At this point I am pretty sure we wouldn't have it any other way. We thrive off of it now. It's become the undoing of all the teams we face.

No offense but I've never in met a group of self-proclaimed victims in my life. The Falcons are something like 4 point underdogs. In the football world that's saying its anyone's game.

No offense but I've never in met a group of self-proclaimed victims in my life. The Falcons are something like 4 point underdogs. In the football world that's saying its anyone's game.

Biggest home underdogs in CG history is what that says. I don't see it as victim hood. Just the way it is.

Biggest home underdogs in CG history is what that says. I don't see it as victim hood. Just the way it is.

The 49ers aren't your normal #2 seed team. Since the QB switch the offense has been remaking itself and it's clicking at the right time. We also just got Justin Smith back, and that alone is huge. If David Akers had made just 2 more field goals (that were in gimme range) we'd have two more wins than we have right now.

You can gripe about being a 4 point underdog, but being a 4 points dog against the 49ers is hardly a "you suck" statement.

The 49ers aren't your normal #2 seed team. Since the QB switch the offense has been remaking itself and it's clicking at the right time. We also just got Justin Smith back, and that alone is huge. If David Akers had made just 2 more field goals (that were in gimme range) we'd have two more wins than we have right now.

You can gripe about being a 4 point underdog, but being a 4 points dog against the 49ers is hardly a "you suck" statement.

Its just the culture here with the fans and the team man. We have been through so much and hear it every stinking week. Its the same story , over and over. Go through the heartbreak of your QB going to prison and your HC quitting mid-season. It does things to you. lol

We thrive on it now. It goes beyond "underdog" for us now. We expect the disdain and lack of respect. We feed off of it.