Final 2012 Rs Qb Win%, 4Qcbw%, Yac, Yia Stats

Tandy

These are stats that I track every year and post several times a year. There will be a total of 6 charts posted here - QB Wins on the first post - and YAC/YIA on the second post. Click on any of these charts to see them larger.

The first is for Quarterback Wins by %. A few notes on this chart.

1. QBs with less than 30 wins are tracked separately at the bottom of the chart. They will automatically move into the over 30 spot when they have a total win+loss that equals 30.

2. The chart is sorted by % of wins, then by differential (wins - losses) then by total wins.

3. Interesting note - Ryan has 4 quarterbacks in NFL history with a better win %. Otto Graham (1950-55) 57-13 record 81.4%; Daryle Lamonica (1963-74) 66-16 record 78.4%; Tom Brady (2000-now) 129-38 record 77.2%; Roger Staubach (1969-79) 85-29 record 74.6%

qb_win_pct.jpg

The second is the same chart but sorted by Quarterback 4th Quarter Comeback Win%. A few notes on this chart.

1. QBs with less than 30 wins are tracked separately at the bottom of the chart. They will automatically move into the over 30 spot when they have a total win+loss that equals 30.

2. A 4th Quarter Comeback Opportunity means the quarterback had possession of the ball while behind by less than or equal to 1 score of the other team (1-8 points) This gave them the opportunity to drive the team to a comeback in the 4th quarter.

3. If the qb had the 4th Quarter Comeback Opportunity in a game - and won the game - then they would have a 4th quarter comeback Win. If they had the opportunity and lost the game - then they would have a 4th quarter comeback loss. The total wins are then divided by the total opportunities to get the 4th quarter comeback win %.

4. I haven't tracked history yet - if I get the time I might do that to see how Ryan compares to QBs in history - this chart is only for QBs who are active or were active this year.

qb_4qcwin_pct.jpg

The third is for Yards After the Catch per Completion. A few notes on this chart.

1. This is a team reception stat. How many yards did the receivers move the ball after the catch on average.

2. The chart is sorted by yards after the catch by completion, yards in the air by completion, then by team.

3. One thing to note - teams with more receptions may have more YAC overall - but because this is by reception - they will fall lower on the chart. The next chart tracks it by game.

yac2012.jpg

The fourth is for Yards After the Catch per Game. A few notes on this chart.

1. Again, this is a team reception stat. How many yards did the receivers move the ball after the catch on average per game.

2. The chart is sorted by yards after the catch by game, yards in the air by game, then by team.

yac_gm.jpg

The fifth is for Yards In The Air per Completion. A few notes on this chart.

1. This is a team passing/reception stat. How many yards did the quarterback throw the ball in the air on average per reception. It totally depends on the quarterback and the receiver to be in position for this stat - so it's a combined stat for QB/Receivers.

2. The chart is sorted by yards in the air by completion, yards after the catch by completion, then by team.

3. One thing to note - teams with more receptions may have more YIA overall - but because this is by reception - they will fall lower on the chart. The next chart tracks it by game.

yia2012.JPG

The sixth and final chart is for Yards In The Air per Game. A few notes on this chart.

1. Again, this is a team passing/reception stat. How many yards did the quarterback throw the ball in the air on average per game.

2. The chart is sorted by yards in the air by game, yards after the catch by game, then by team.

yia_gm.jpg

Interesting stat on 4th Qtr come back and losses. Ryan is on top(55%) slightly better than Brady. But Aaron Rodgers is 18.5%, that to me surprising when every one calls him clutch and elite QB.Rodgers is in the company of Ryan Fitzpatrick,Chad Henne with game on the line in 4th qtr.

Edited by falcons007

Interesting stat on 4th Qtr come back and losses. Ryan is on top(55%) slightly better than Brady. But Aaron Rodgers is 18.5%, that to me surprising when every one calls him clutch and elite QB.Rodgers is in the company of Ryan Fitzpatrick,Chad Henne with game on the line in 4th qtr.

Being fair he prob doesn't get to many chances.

We are in the late teens in those categories. Where did you get your stats from Tandy? What's your source?

It's a compilation I do every week.

YAC - Stats, Inc.

Total Receiving Yards - Stats Inc.

Total Receptions - Stats Inc

20+ 40+ NFL.com

The rest is calculated using those numbers and the total number of games completed - which I enter after each week. I do that by game because the bye weeks cause disparity.

As for QB wins - that comes from pro-football-reference and game center. For each quarterback - I went through every game in their history to pull the "opportunity" for a 4th quarter comeback. The 4th quarter wins/game winning drives are posted - so it's the difference. I also have outside this chart for calculations the year they were brought into the nfl - and then I add each week of the season for calculating the average wins per year contributed by quarterback while in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers has never been clutch. He's usually in the lead, but when he's having a bad game he doesn't recover.

It's a compilation I do every week.

YAC - Stats, Inc.

Total Receiving Yards - Stats Inc.

Total Receptions - Stats Inc

20+ 40+ NFL.com

The rest is calculated using those numbers and the total number of games completed - which I enter after each week. I do that by game because the bye weeks cause disparity.

As for QB wins - that comes from pro-football-reference and game center. For each quarterback - I went through every game in their history to pull the "opportunity" for a 4th quarter comeback. The 4th quarter wins/game winning drives are posted - so it's the difference. I also have outside this chart for calculations the year they were brought into the nfl - and then I add each week of the season for calculating the average wins per year contributed by quarterback while in the NFL.

Oh okay.

There have actually been several articles on this. He doesn't do well if he gets behind.

Aaron Rodgers has never been clutch. He's usually in the lead, but when he's having a bad game he doesn't recover.

This is true, I've said it about him in the past as well. He is great with the lead. Him and Cam have great similarities but Rodgers is better and is on a much better coaching staff with a superior supporting cast.

Edited by Hollywood #1 pick

Being fair he prob doesn't get to many chances.

I highly doubt it. Rodgers had 27 games he had an opportunity and won just 5 of those games.

Ryan had 29 games where he had a chance to come back and win. Ryan won 16 and lost 13.

Its surprising the Aaron Rodgers is n't clutch unless he has a big lead in 4th qtr.

Nice work.

I'm not sure if these stats mean anything, but they are quite interesting.

Looks like Ryan stacks up well regardless in all catagories.

I started tracking YAC years ago - and people would ask for one more statistic - or to have it sorted this way or that - and that's how they evolved.

I was always concerned about our YAC. We were perennially below #27 on the list.

I'm very proud to see us move up - regardless. Means we are making great strides in that area of receiving. Good sign.

I hope you do statistics for a living, cause this is awesome.

I think the YAC numbers going up, specifically this year, have more to do with Offensive Scheme and putting our receivers in better positions to make plays, instead of a comeback route every other throw.

Not to mention Screens give tons of Yac on average.

Edited by IceFalcon

I hope you do statistics for a living, cause this is awesome.

Sort of - I'm a computer programmer - so I have my own "NFL" database. I pull a lot of raw numbers from Stats and various places - then it's just creating a format for them to be pulled into the weekly numbers.

It's a lot of work initially - but then weekly, it's just a simple process of updating.