Seattle Bottled Up Our Screens But....

LADBABY

When we talk of our "pick your poison" offense it focuses around Julio, Roddy

and Tony G. and that is how it played out for the most part against Seattle. HD and

our backs and all the different screens we use also give defenses something to deal

with. We never know what it will take to get us a win but I look for screens to be more

of a factor in this game. What do you think is going to be the x factor for us this week?

The X factor for the ATL falcons is always how successful our linemen are against their 1on1 matchups.

The reason the screens were bottle up was because baker blalock and McClure couldn't get to their downfield assignments in time.

We have the advantage everywhere except the big uglys. If our boys step up we win and well know early on how well we are winning the Los.

I think the lack of screens in the SEA game was that they did not blitz very often. If SF decided to send more than just four, the Falcons can utilize the screen game to neutralize the pressure.

As to your last question, I think the Falcons have to eat up yards on the ground with Turner, Quizz and Snelling. Doing that will keep a DL that doesn't have a lot of depth on the field, and open up Roddy, Julio or Harry on the deep routes.

And obviously, the defense has to hold the edges against CK and keep him contained.

I think the lack of screens in the SEA game was that they did not blitz very often. If SF decided to send more than just four, the Falcons can utilize the screen game to neutralize the pressure.

^^This^^

Falcons use the screen as a response to blitzing. Also, ATL wanted to run the ball and was able to - didn't need to screen as much because play action was available.

we tried screens, they went for nothing.

i think we can screen on SF more. they are more aggresive with their pass rush. for a screen to be successful you need people to be overly aggresive.

Matt Ryan is one of the best in the league at getting the ball out of his hand and avoiding hits. If he can find an open Roddy, Julio, Tony we should be fine.

As to your last question, I think the Falcons have to eat up yards on the ground with Turner, Quizz and Snelling. Doing that will keep a DL that doesn't have a lot of depth on the field, and open up Roddy, Julio or Harry on the deep routes.

And obviously, the defense has to hold the edges against CK and keep him contained.

The Niners are not really a blitzing team, they do very little of it.They try to get presure on you with 3 and 4 man rushes. They plan is not to give up the deep ball. They will give up completitions, I expect T. Gonzales, Jones and White get some receptions across the middle, the Niners D will allow that because they want to punish the receivers. One of those great receivers on Atlanta is going to get punished.

^^This^^

Falcons use the screen as a response to blitzing. Also, ATL wanted to run the ball and was able to - didn't need to screen as much because play action was available.

thank you! some people just don't get it. 2 of the main reasons to use screens, to neutralize the blitz and to make up for the running game not working. They didn't blitz that often, and our running game was about the best game we've had all year wasn't it?

thank you! some people just don't get it. 2 of the main reasons to use screens, to neutralize the blitz and to make up for the running game not working. They didn't blitz that often, and our running game was about the best game we've had all year wasn't it?

We tried some screens and they handled them all perfectly. That is not easy to do.

I don't think screens are some kind off an admission that you can't run the ball. They

are just something else for people to deal with and they can be hard to defend.

Yep, it was a fake screen to JJ on the left. Safety and Sherman turned their hips enough for RW to get behind both.

So in fact we did get something out of our screens! When we actually did

run a screen you could tell they had been practicing cause they were on it.

It is back to pick your poison, something will work for us.

So in fact we did get something out of our screens! When we actually did

run a screen you could tell they had been practicing cause they were on it.

It is back to pick your poison, something will work for us.

Yep, we got a big 47 yard TD from a fake screen. A smart OC can use screens to setup fake screens similar to play action pass.

Edited by falcons007