Do You Remember The Fight?

sideline

I was such a huge fan of Prime Time and when that happened I couldn't figure out if I should be happy or upset. I guess I just kinda said "meh".

I thought it hilarious when I watched it. But, I thought it was a frustrated Andre that started everything. Been so long, can't remember the details. I cracked my side though as they fought, worse than girls.

Are you guys serious???

Niners where our rivals. They took our best player and killed our playoff hopes.

How do you guys look the Lofton situation.

I understand if you weren't into football back then but this sucked BIG time. Its one off Atlanta Falcons most embarrassing moments. Deion made us look like a joke. The league punching bag.

I was so mad at Deion for that. Both guys were my favorite Falcons players at that time. Deion switched sides, started talking sh*t, beat up our star receiver then posterize our QB . Thats like Judas coming in Dome talking smack about we haven't won enough to be a rivalry. So glad Tony posterized his azz.

Rofl!

Are you guys serious???

Niners where our rivals. They took our best player and killed our playoff hopes.

I understand if you weren't into football back then but this sucked BIG time. Its one off Atlanta Falcons most embarrassing moments. Deion made us look like a joke. The league punching bag.

You are right, it sucked to lose. But the fight was funny...IMO. These guys were tight before Deion went to SF.

Yes, I remember all too clearly. I remember George throwing the pick and Prime doing his trademark hand behind his helmet glare at the Falcons sideline and the trademark celebration in the end zone. Prime being my favorite Falcon ever, it was hard to see him doing it to us.

I remember cursing the Smiths for letting Deion go for basically nothing to a rival divisional team after the TD.

Yes, I remember all too clearly. I remember George throwing the pick and Prime doing his trademark hand behind his helmet glare at the Falcons sideline and the trademark celebration in the end zone. Prime being my favorite Falcon ever, it was hard to see him doing it to us.

I remember cursing the Smiths for letting Deion go for basically nothing to a rival divisional team after the TD.

+1

Can't disagree with any of this.

You are right, it sucked to lose. But the fight was funny...IMO. These guys were tight before Deion went to SF.

Yea the way those guys fought was funny, but it the actual fight just was to much to deal with. We already losing, then the guy who left us in the dust beat up our receiver then intercepted the ball ran the ball down the sideline pointing and laughing at our coaching staff then doing the dance in the endzone. As a Falcons fan there was nothing funny or MEH about it.

When you look at the YouTube clip you get a chuckle

When you think about the game you wanna smack Deion upside his head.

Maybe its just me though.....

Just remember it was their fault. Deion went on record saying they were not committed to winning and he loved ATL because that was home.

Yea the way those guys fought was funny, but it the actual fight just was to much to deal with. We already losing, then the guy who left us in the dust beat up our receiver then intercepted the ball ran the ball down the sideline pointing and laughing at our coaching staff then doing the dance in the endzone. As a Falcons fan there was nothing funny or MEH about it.

When you look at the YouTube clip you get a chuckle

When you think about the game you wanna smack Deion upside his head.

Maybe its just me though.....

It wasn't just you. I was pissed at Deion for a while over that incident. The high stepping and smack talking after the game were over the line IMO. Deion was one of us and ATL loved the guy- guy rubbed the fans nose in it with his antics and his mouth after the game. Like us Falcons fans needed our noses rubbed deeper in it in those days....

Just remember it was their fault. Deion went on record saying they were not committed to winning and he loved ATL because that was home.

Yep, and he also said during the TNF pregame show vs the Saints this season that when he picked off George he yelled "See what you lost" to the Falcons sideline as he was running it back for 6.

There's been a lot of bad Falcons games through the decades, but for me that is one of my top 5 for most disgusted with the team moments I have ever had. I hated that Dieon left, and I hated the 9ners even more. To get completely smoked like that was pathetic. That team had decent talent, but there was no discipline, and Jeff George was just a straight up terrbile QB. The Smith's were satisfied with a mediocre team, and Jerry Glanville was a stupid redneck. It was a hard time to be a Falcons fan. I'll never forget that game and Dieon's "This is My House! I Built This House" speech. Now I'm pissed just thinking about it.

Edited by 4dabirds

Yeah, I know. Deion was absolutely right about the Smith's. Seemed like nice people, didn't know too much about football or didnt seem to care about winning.

Are you guys serious???

Yes, I'm serious. For me, if I had never heard of Deion Sanders, I would probably be cheering for some other team.

As far as Lofton goes, I never was high on the pick of him and seeing him go to the Taints never really bothered me. We exposed him this year and will continue to do so as long as he plays against us.

Typical Smith stupidity. Glad those knuckleheads sold the team to a REAL owner.