When And Or How Did You Become A Falcons Fan?

sideline

I've been thinking about previous seasons, the green seats, sitting one row from the top of the dome, and more.

Made me wonder how and when others became fans of the falcons. Here is my story:

Outside of high school football, I was really not a fan of the sport. As a young girl, went to games to walk around in all my cuteness and be seen. Same for college. Once it got cold, it was a wrap! On to the basketball games.

My company has seats at the dome. There were always tickets available as the falcons did not have a history of winning. However, that was the first time I attended a professional football game. At that point I became a pseudo-fan. It was not until the 1998 season that I started following the team. It was not until Arthur Blank came in and offered $100 seats that I become a season ticket holder.

Became a season ticket older in the 300's with a group. Got screwed over when the guy that purchased the tickets decided to sell the playoff tickets. Dropped that group like a bad habit! Got on the waiting list for a year, bought the 5-game season pkg for one year, and have had my own seats since. Travel to at least one away game each year. I'm hooked!

What is your story?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote a letter to every single NFL team when I was 10 years old asking them to send me decals, stickers, etc.

The first team to respond was the Falcons.

If the secretary with the New York Jets had been one day quicker I'd be on the Jets message board right now.

Since birth. My whole Family were Falcon fans. I remember when my dad would take me to the old Fulton county stadium when I was a kid in the late seventies. Man, I going to Falcon games regularly like I did when I lived in Ga. Now I try to get down to see at least 2 a year and visit family. I also see them when I can if they visit the Eagles, Giants/Jets, Redskins or Ravens.

My Dad was a fringe/bubble type player in the NFL for a couple years, so the whole family was raised as football fans. When our family moved to Atlanta , dad got season tickets and the Falcons became our family team. I'm in my 40s, went to my first game when I was 10. Been kickin with the Birds ever since....

I wrote a letter to every single NFL team when I was 10 years old asking them to send me decals, stickers, etc.

The first team to respond was the Falcons.

If the secretary with the New York Jets had been one day quicker I'd be on the Jets message board right now.

I like this!

Well this is my story. When I moved to the US from Russia, I was 10 years old. This was back in 2005. When I moved I was mostly bored with my time since I didn know English and didn't have any friends. Many ones on Sundays I would just flip throught channels very week and just stumbled upon a football game. Lol we called it rugby back in Russia so I thought by let's see some broken bones here. Week after week I started watching the Falcons. I started watching them in 2008 so you could say I have only been thought the good times. Lol lucky me. And the day I became a fan is the game we won against the bears back in 08 with 1 second left to win the game. I will always be a fan regardless of thier play! Lets Go Falcons!!!! Woooot Woot!!!

Well this is my story. When I moved to the US from Russia, I was 10 years old. This was back in 2005. When I moved I was mostly bored with my time since I didn know English and didn't have any friends. Many ones on Sundays I would just flip throught channels very week and just stumbled upon a football game. Lol we called it rugby back in Russia so I thought by let's see some broken bones here. Week after week I started watching the Falcons. I started watching them in 2008 so you could say I have only been thought the good times. Lol lucky me. And the day I became a fan is the game we won against the bears back in 08 with 1 second left to win the game. I will always be a fan regardless of thier play! Lets Go Falcons!!!! Woooot Woot!!!

My man that is absolutely incredible, love it ! You came in at the right time too ! laugh.png

12/7/1986 Colts vs. Falcons I was 8 and my dad took me to my first game and I was addicted at that moment. The for the next 6 year's we went to EVERY Saints game and the addiction only became worse.

Funny story though my Dad became so mad at Rankin Smith he changed allegiances to the Saints. After that, about 1990-1992, I went to the games with Falcons gear and my dad with Saints gear....truly embarrassing, but my Dad HATED Smith with a passion and decided to rout for the arch rival. I still don't let my Dad live that down.