Newton, Wilson, Kaepernick

north falcon

We couldn't stop Cam. We couldn't stop Wilson. Give me a reason why we're going to stop Kaepernick, who has a better offense around him than the other two QBs.

Personally, I don't think we can. I think our best bet is to play like we did against Seattle. Stop the running game as best we can and don't give up a 40+ yard play. If we can do that AND score 28+ points, I think we can win.

I have a better question. Why does everyone think we have to stop him?

Outside of the last game of the season where I still don't think our guys had their hearts in the game, we won all of these.

Kaepernick will make his plays. We just have to make one more than he does to win. That is the simple truth that the media "experts" keep forgetting about this game.

All we need is for Matt to have that ball at the end of the game to win.

We couldn't stop Cam. We couldn't stop Wilson. Give me a reason why we're going to stop Kaepernick, who has a better offense around him than the other two QBs.

Personally, I don't think we can. I think our best bet is to play like we did against Seattle. Stop the running game as best we can and don't give up a 40+ yard play. If we can do that AND score 28+ points, I think we can win.

Because that's going to be the sole focus of this week of prep maybe? This is like asking what makes you think we were going to run all over and stop the run vs. Seattle if we didn't do it all year.

We DID stop cam. We went 1-1 vs the panthes and Cam had pedestian numbers in the first game.

People talk about him not throwing ints but people forget how he FUMBLED on multple occasions including a chance to win the game.

Stop spouting BS because that is EXACTLY what it is.

Btw the second game Newton did not run the read option much.

We DID stop cam. We went 1-1 vs the panthes and Cam had pedestian numbers in the first game.

People talk about him not throwing ints but people forget how he FUMBLED on multple occasions including a chance to win the game.

Stop spouting BS because that is EXACTLY what it is.

Btw the second game Newton did not run the read option much.

Cam is 1-3 against Falcons.

Oh, is this a rational fan?

Different Schematics between Sea O and SF O.

As much as you should be concentrated on the run game, you gotta kill any chance of that first play action.

Oh, is this a rational fan?

Different Schematics between Sea O and SF O.

As much as you should be concentrated on the run game, you gotta kill any chance of that first play action.

YES. Everyone is focusing on Kaeps running. That REALLY isn't what you need to worry about. I'd be shocked if he ran for more than 50 yards in this game.

What you really need to worry about is deep passing after play action.

That and the run game is the Niners bread and butter.

From an article by Jason La Canfora of NFL.com:

"Chip Smith might be the only man who has spent considerable time personally working out Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick -- and he believes the Nevada quarterback is a superior athlete when compared to Auburn's Heisman Trophy winner.

"They're a lot alike in terms of being really special, and they're both extremely athletic," said Smith, founder of Duluth, Ga.-based Competitive Edge Sports. "But Colin is actually a little bit better athletically. He's a little faster -- I've clocked him as low as a 4.4 (-second runner in the 40-yard dash) -- and there isn't a quarterback in this draft who throws the ball with the velocity that Colin does. Colin is a better athlete, and he understands the game better.""

Wilson and Newton can take a NFL hit, CK cannot. You'll find out why no college team except Nevada would offer him a scholarship.

Too bad we didnt hit Cam until he was already 20 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Its just funny to me that so many of you are pretending like it didnt take extraordinary circumstances for us to beat the Panthers and Seahawks. Are you guys really hanging on your hat on miracle plays as the reason we will beat the 49ers?

Edited by the_sheff

We couldn't stop Cam. We couldn't stop Wilson.

But we beat both. You don't have to 'stop' anyone. You just have to win. We've proved this year that we can let other teams have their yards between the goal lines but never gelt across the goal line.

Edited by fuego

Why don't you tell us how the falcons failed in stopping and how that might impact this game. It would be very educative and worth the time.

- The Panthers beat bad once.

- They should've beat us at home if not for Rivera's stupidity.

- Wilson left the field with the lead with less than a minute left.

Any other questions smart guy?

Too bad we didnt hit Cam until he was already 20 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Its just funny to me that so many of you are pretending like it didnt take extraordinary circumstances for us to beat the Panthers and Seahawks. Are you guys really hanging on your hat on miracle plays as the reason we will beat the 49ers?

There just wasn't as big incentive. This game is for ALL the NFC marbles.

Wilson and Newton can take a NFL hit, CK cannot. You'll find out why no college team except Nevada would offer him a scholarship.

I think if you take a second look at his background, you'll find out that most colleges didn't pursue him because they assumed he was going to take the million dollar contract the Chicago Cubs offered him. Nobody took the time to find out that he was dedicated to football because he was firing 94 mph fastballs in fricking high school. Kaepernick's father told the SF Chronicle that the Cubs came to the house with the one million dollar offer, but Colin had already found out that one college was willing to give him a football scholarship and because of that, he told the Cubs right there in his living room that he was "undraftable" by baseball. I'm sure that surprised a lot of college football people because high schoolers don't often turn down a million dollars to play whatever.

I think if you take a second look at his background, you'll find out that most colleges didn't pursue him because they assumed he was going to take the million dollar contract the Chicago Cubs offered him. Nobody took the time to find out that he was dedicated to football because he was firing 94 mph fastballs in fricking high school. Kaepernick's father told the SF Chronicle that the Cubs came to the house with the one million dollar offer, but Colin had already found out that one college was willing to give him a football scholarship and because of that, he told the Cubs right there in his living room that he was "undraftable" by baseball. I'm sure that surprised a lot of college football people because high schoolers don't often turn down a million dollars to play whatever.

Everybody knew he was a good baseball prospect and would probably play baseball...Ault took a chance and it paid off but....most also knew he didn't have the durability-not athleticism -to play Div 1 FB. He survived and now is in the NFL...if he keeps running for the side lines he may last- if he turns it up field in this game like the last I think you'll see.

Kaepernick was drafted in the 2009 mlb draft, three years after he enrolled at Nevada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick#Early_life_and_high_school