The One Player That Worries Me The Most On Sunday...

ghoticov

Peter Konz

I am really worried about him having a rookie moment in the biggest game of the year. He has done pretty well all season but certainly has had his moments of struggle with the interior pass rush. We all know how well (or not so well, I should say) Matt Ryan, and any other QB, does with the pass rush in his face and the 49ers are no joke in the middle of their DL.

Here's to hoping he and the rest of the OL play the best game they have played all year. If they protect Ryan, I believe without a shadow of doubt, that we will win the game. I do not believe their secondary, or any secondary, can cover all our weapons consistently.

GO FALCONS!

Guest Negatorris

The guys that worry me are Moore and Robinson. Those guys areas were getting absolutely TORCHED last week.

I think we'll get it shored up though.

The whole secondary had a crappy game.

For a team with so much money and reputation tied up in their corners, Atlanta got some pretty ugly play from them in this game. Dunta Robinson (-1.3) and Asante Samuel (-3.8)were both allowing catches all game long. Samuel was beaten for five of the seven balls thrown his way, giving up 71 yards on those passes despite batting one away from Sidney Rice in the end zone. Robinson allowed three of the four balls thrown into his coverage to be complete for 34 yards. The problems didn’t limit itself just to the corners with the Atlanta zones allowing free receivers all over the field. William Moore, Stephen Nicholas, Robert McClain and Akeem Dent all graded out in the red for their coverage and combined to surrender another 180 passing yards.

The catch made by Golden Tate at the two minute warning in the fourth quarter typified the problems Atlanta had, with no player really closing down an in-breaking route against the Falcons zone. This happened all too often in the game.

For a team with so much money and reputation tied up in their corners, Atlanta got some pretty ugly play from them in this game. Dunta Robinson (-1.3) and Asante Samuel (-3.8)were both allowing catches all game long. Samuel was beaten for five of the seven balls thrown his way, giving up 71 yards on those passes despite batting one away from Sidney Rice in the end zone. Robinson allowed three of the four balls thrown into his coverage to be complete for 34 yards. The problems didn’t limit itself just to the corners with the Atlanta zones allowing free receivers all over the field. William Moore, Stephen Nicholas, Robert McClain and Akeem Dent all graded out in the red for their coverage and combined to surrender another 180 passing yards.

The catch made by Golden Tate at the two minute warning in the fourth quarter typified the problems Atlanta had, with no player really closing down an in-breaking route against the Falcons zone. This happened all too often in the game.

Was this due to the part that we were trying to play prevent bend but dont break? Keep everything in front. If not then id be worried this week

PFF grades. LOL Wait didn't they say Giants falcons game was close and falcons won because the Giants imploded. Watch all 22 for second half, it shouldn't take more than 20-30 min.

I wouldn't say the secondary as a whole had a terrible game. I would blame it on the guy who is supposed to cover the TE. Miller is not an elite TE and he had 142 yds in catches. You guys were playing everybody up to stop Wilson/Lynch and leaving that 20-25 yd area uncovered. You need your best cover Safety to stay with Vernon Davis because he will beat most one on one matchups against a LB

We are more comfortable in our 4-2-5 nickel than in the 4-3. I think that has to do with Dent not being all they hoped. He should make up a girlfriend or something. I don't think SF's receivers are as fast as Seattle's. Samuel had a bad game. He is good at bouncing back.

We are more comfortable in our 4-2-5 nickel than in the 4-3. I think that has to do with Dent not being all they hoped. He should make up a girlfriend or something. I don't think SF's receivers are as fast as Seattle's. Samuel had a bad game. He is good at bouncing back.

Dent actually played much better against the run vs the Seahawks.

dunta didnt have a great game but was prob the best corner out there to be honest the one touchdown play to his side was on decoud

If you're talking about the play where presnap Robinson bails from CB back to safety and Decoud tries to cut under like a cover 2 corner (Like the Steelers did vs Torrey Smith), and no one gets near the football or makes a tackleId put the blame on Nolan for getting too cute. If it gets you a pick you're a genius, when it turns out like it did and no one covers or tackles the guy and they score a TD its ugly