Psss..hey 49Ers Fans. Kaep Is Not The New Breed Of Nfl Qb. We Set That Trend 12Yrs Ago.

lju713

We are 4 and 1 against them. We had wrapped up the division when we lost to the Panthers in their stadium, so it wasn't a must win.

They can run all day as long as they aren't putting points on the board. Our D gives up yards, but not points.

We have the offense that can keep up with the Niners even if they do have some success.

Fixed it for you

Cam(1-1), Vick, RG3, and Wilson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are 3 and 1 against them. We had wrapped up the division when we lost to the Panthers in their stadium, so it wasn't a must win.

They can run all day as long as they aren't putting points on the board. Our D gives up yards, but not points.

We have the offense that can keep up with the Niners even if they do have some success.

Congrats on your regular season accomplishments. None of those teams were as good as the one you'll be facing Sunday. And you get swept by the Panthers if not for their boneheaded mistakes.

49ers also had a deep passing game those years. Their offense was a lot like... wait for it... this season's Falcon's offense.

Anyway, for the people who missed it:

Fast quarterbacks have existed before (Young)

Fast, tall quarterbacks have existed before (Cunningham)

Fast, short quarterbacks have existed in the NFL before (Vick, now Wilson)

Fast, tall, and BIG and strong (230-250 lbs) quarterbacks are a NEW thing (Newton, Kaep). That's why they say "the future." It's kind of like Megatron, the first dominant WR who is tall, fast, and big- like a cross between TO and Randy Moss.

Oh yeah, Vick has had three 50 yard + rushes in his career as a starter, spanning 10+ years or so. Kaepernick has also had three 50 plus yard rushes spanning his career as a starter... of less than 10 GAMES.

Yeah, Vick is the same as Kaep...

http://espn.go.com/b...-away-from-pack

Regardless of what happens Sunday, this kid is something else, whether you guys admit it or not.

Actually Culpepper was the new breed of this qb. Big, tall and fast.

Yeah, I've never been so mad in my life with our draft. Traded up with the future for 10 years lose, Got Vick and we could have stayed put and got LT and all those picks , We may have already won a SB if not for that blundder!! I never wanted a player so bad as I wanted LT, and now the rest of the world knows why. Hopefully some of you too...

Actually Culpepper was the new breed of this qb. Big, tall and fast.

Yep and people are forgetting that both McNair and McNabb(both were 6'2 but were big by their body frame and weight) were running Qbs earlier in their careers before having to become more of a pocket passer due to the beating that they were taking from running alot.

Yeah, I've never been so mad in my life with our draft. Traded up with the future for 10 years lose, Got Vick and we could have stayed put and got LT and all those picks , We may have already won a SB if not for that blundder!! I never wanted a player so bad as I wanted LT, and now the rest of the world knows why. Hopefully some of you too...

To get back to the OP point Vick was not the new breed. Small and fast very ellusive yes. But Vick was always run first, and not very accurate. CK7 will run if you dare him but he is looking to throw the football first and foremost. It's also rare a guy is that big and fast. I believe the new 'mold' is being overblown but whatever it is you may see a trend where the qb is the best 'athlete' on the team.

Congrats on your regular season accomplishments. None of those teams were as good as the one you'll be facing Sunday. And you get swept by the Panthers if not for their boneheaded mistakes.

Well you would have gotten swept by the rams if not for bone headed mistakes... like illegal formation in OT after the rams got like a 50+ yard play.

The falcons are better than anyone you have played this year as well.

AND YES we are better than the pats..........who lost to the Cards, AND seahawks.

Well you would have gotten swept by the rams if not for bone headed mistakes... like illegal formation in OT after the rams got like a 50+ yard play.

The falcons are better than anyone you have played this year as well.

AND YES we are better than the pats..........who lost to the Cards, AND seahawks.

Yup the Rams are a team that style wise is built to beat us. The Falcons are not. Doesn't mean you can't win. Record wise of course the Falcons are the best team we have played. But matchup wise the Seahawks were a much tougher team.

Yup the Rams are a team that style wise is built to beat us. The Falcons are not. Doesn't mean you can't win. Record wise of course the Falcons are the best team we have played. But matchup wise the Seahawks were a much tougher team.

Lets see a decent Oline..... We have

A big tough running back who while does not break big runs anymore but still has moments.......... Check we have that too

Quck wrs who do a good job getting off the LOS.... Check we have that too.

Yeah If the RAMS area match up problem for you............. the falcons area MUCH MUCH MUCH!!!!!!!!!! bigger match up problem for you.

Pretty pathetic the way some of you seem to need to make personal attacks on Kaepernick. I have to say I've never seen such juvenile crap even on Niner boards, which are pretty lame at times.

But, one of these days, you Falcons fans are going to realize that Kaepernick is NOT Michael Vick and certainly not a "poor man's Michael Vick." Kaepernick is a passer first and a very fast runner second. The interviews I've read with him make it clear that he would actually rather be a pocket passer than an option runner. Kaepernick is already a much more accurate and higher rated QB than Vick has ever been. Kaepernick already goes through his reads and climbs the ladder in the pocket with much more skill than I've ever seen Vick show. I'm hoping you'll all see that on Sunday regardless of who ends up winning the game. I think many of you will be surprised.

Saying CK is more accurate than Vick just isn't saying much.

He's had what, 9 fumbles in 9 games?

If he comes in and he's the reason the 49ers win, I'll be impressed, don't see that being the case.

ok OP is showing his youth. ever heard of Fran Tarkenton? if you paid any attention to the news comparisons last week for russell wilson? maybe Randall Cunningham? Kordell Stewart?

ok a few names most people won't recognize as 'running qbs' Steve Grogan and Bobby Douglass in the 70's, or if you wanna google Tobin Rote from the 50's....

and I left out some notables like Young, Elway, McNair........don't go back 11 or 12 years and think we started it with Vick

ok OP is showing his youth. ever heard of Fran Tarkenton? if you paid any attention to the news comparisons last week for russell wilson? maybe Randall Cunningham? Kordell Stewart?

ok a few names most people won't recognize as 'running qbs' Steve Grogan and Bobby Douglass in the 70's, or if you wanna google Tobin Rote from the 50's....

and I left out some notables like Young, Elway, McNair........don't go back 11 or 12 years and think we started it with Vick

Wasn't Otto Graham known as a running QB too back in the 50s?

Lets see a decent Oline..... We have

A big tough running back who while does not break big runs anymore but still has moments.......... Check we have that too

Quck wrs who do a good job getting off the LOS.... Check we have that too.

Yeah If the RAMS area match up problem for you............. the falcons area MUCH MUCH MUCH!!!!!!!!!! bigger match up problem for you.

I meant to say the Seahawks were a matchup problem. The Rams just happened to be divisional foes who just seemed to play their best against us both games, tho we lose both games because Akers missed field goals but I digress. You should be familiar with an inferrior team playing you tough eg the Panthers. You beat the 49ers by being more physical then them or making them shoot themselves in the foot which was how we lost the second Rams game. Sorry but your O and D line are not as good as ours. And your RB's do not scare me. We've played better backs and contained them this year. We haven't been as dominant as last year but we've still been **** good.

I meant to say the Seahawks were a matchup problem. The Rams just happened to be divisional foes who just seemed to play their best against us both games, tho we lose both games because Akers missed field goals but I digress. You should be familiar with an inferrior team playing you tough eg the Panthers. You beat the 49ers by being more physical then them or making them shoot themselves in the foot which was how we lost the second Rams game. Sorry but your O and D line are not as good as ours. And your RB's do not scare me. We've played better backs and contained them this year. We haven't been as dominant as last year but we've still been **** good.

Yeah, those 76 points given up in your last 2 road games just impresses the H#ll out of me.

49ers can certainly win, but thinking the 49ers are going to waltz in here and run over the Falcons is just silly.

What's actually happening is these guys are getting more of a shot in the pro's instead of being converted to RB, WR, TE, and DB's.

seriously i love that you are pointing this out, i wont get into the underlying issues that led to them being converted in the first place, but this is an excellent post.

Here is the difference and why you bringing up the panthers shows your stupidity.

The falcons DID NOT CARE about that game.

Even guys on the team have said they overlooked the panthers because the giants were on the schedule.

Who by the way crammed something fierce up the niners cram hole........and then got SHUT OUT by the falcons.

Keep looking at that game as any evidence as anything...... you are going to be whining....which is what niner fans do best.

Here is the difference and why you bringing up the panthers shows your stupidity.

The falcons DID NOT CARE about that game.

Even guys on the team have said they overlooked the panthers because the giants were on the schedule.

Who by the way crammed something fierce up the niners cram hole........and then got SHUT OUT by the falcons.

Keep looking at that game as any evidence as anything...... you are going to be whining....which is what niner fans do best.

to be fair, when you start validating excuses like that, it justifies the "49ers were tired after taking on the patriots and then going ot seattle"

we got our ***** kicked, but you guys lost to the panthers, you cant have it both ways or it becomes an endless strawman where there is a new excuse to every loss.

Vick has been in the league since 2001 and Ben is not really all that mobile, he is just to big to bring down.

:facepalm: That's the point. The "new" breed is BIG AND HARD TO BRING DOWN, like Big Ben, but FAST AND EXPLOSIVE like Mike Vick. I know it's a little complicated, but come on man...

EDITED TO ADD: Culpepper, McNair, and McNabb were slower than Newton and Kaepernick. The NFL has not seen big strong guys that are this fast at the quarterback position. The closest the NFL has seen of these guys is Cunningham, but he was a lot less beefy than these two.

That is why EVERYONE in the media is talking about this "new breed." It isn't just 49er fans, or Panther fans. It seems the only people who don't see it are Falcon fans. What a coincidence the Falcons happen to be playing the 49ers this week, and the Panthers twice a year...

Edited by BleedRedAndGold

:facepalm: That's the point. The "new" breed is BIG AND HARD TO BRING DOWN, like Big Ben, but FAST AND EXPLOSIVE like Mike Vick. I know it's a little complicated, but come on man...

EDITED TO ADD: Culpepper, McNair, and McNabb were slower than Newton and Kaepernick. The NFL has not seen big strong guys that are this fast at the quarterback position. The closest the NFL has seen of these guys is Cunningham, but he was a lot less beefy than these two.

That is why EVERYONE in the media is talking about this "new breed." It isn't just 49er fans, or Panther fans. It seems the only people who don't see it are Falcon fans. What a coincidence the Falcons happen to be playing the 49ers this week, and the Panthers twice a year...

Vick set this precedent they arent wrong when this is mentioned. "New breed" is just a media tag line, the reality is, vick had a cannon and ran like a wide out, Kapernick is similar and hopefully his accuracy improves downfield over time, but vick began this trend without a doubt in terms of letting a guy with 4.4 speed burn it up at qb

Vick was an electrifying runner, but he always struggled as a passer. Kaep can throw the football.

His numbers since he became the starter (8 games):

61.4% comp

234 ypg

12 TDs

4 INTs

8.4 yards/attempt

94.6 passer rating

Kaep is a pretty good passer who just so happens can run.

Now that doesn't mean SF will win the game, but I just totally disagree with the Vick comparisons.

Edited by FrankTheTank21

Vick set this precedent they arent wrong when this is mentioned. "New breed" is just a media tag line, the reality is, vick had a cannon and ran like a wide out, Kapernick is similar and hopefully his accuracy improves downfield over time, but vick began this trend without a doubt in terms of letting a guy with 4.4 speed burn it up at qb

Vick is barely 6 feet tall and constantly injured. That's the point of all this "new breed" talk about Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick. That they're like Vick, but big and strong.

Edited by BleedRedAndGold