Sean Weatherspoon Vs Colin Kaepernick

JulioHOFer

You may recall this play

2012%5C281%5C7acf5b66-577b-490b-aafc-de998d1c7d58.jpg

It's the one that took RG3 out

Spoon is going to play a big role in eliminating Kaepernicks running ability

I dont remember 1 designed run for Russel, all his scrambles came out of designed pass plays

Was this intentional by Carrol? I only saw late in the game 1 play where a DL spied the QB, after we had been burned by scrambles a couple times

Perhaps Carrol didn't want Wilson to meet the same fate as RG3

The Seahawks didnt run designed QB runs, the 49ers will

We need to establish immediately that ya we'll let you slide on a 5 yard scramble, but if you come at us with the read option we're going to be waiting and there's going to be a price to be paid

Spoon needs to lay a hitstick on Kaepernick the first time they run it and scrap it from the playbook

We need to force Kaepernick to throw it and generate chances for stops and picks, all of Kaepernicks throws are low trajectory fastballs that go floating up in the sky when they bounce off players, and if Nolan can get Manning to toss picks he should be able to fool the rookie

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against you but I seriously don't understand why people keep going back to the hit on RG3 when it comes to these scrambling quarterbacks. Kap, Newton and Wilson are not as small as RG3 but when we played Wilson and Newton, everyone used that hit as if it would have the same affect on these guys. Seriously I don't understand it. But any who this week we need to force Kap to beat us with his arm and take the ground game away from them completely. Davis and Crabtree both frighten me and Randy has shown that he's still a threat when he gets the chance. Cant be any slacking by the defense or offense this week.

Nothing against you but I seriously don't understand why people keep going back to the hit on RG3 when it comes to these scrambling quarterbacks. Kap, Newton and Wilson are not as small as RG3 but when we played Wilson and Newton, everyone used that hit as if it would have the same affect on these guys. Seriously I don't understand it. But any who this week we need to force Kap to beat us with his arm and take the ground game away from them completely. Davis and Crabtree both frighten me and Randy has shown that he's still a threat when he gets the chance. Cant be any slacking by the defense or offense this week.

uh, Wilson is smaller than RG3.

...true...I hope the aggressiveness is there...play'em tight till the ref says you are fouling...then adjust down. I would rather start strong and have to back off then start weak and get behind...Rise Up!

Dunta is a vicious, nasty, heavy-hitter. I would be very pleased to see Dunta get a clean shot at The Joker.

Big hitter, terrible tackler. So many missed tackles it's ridiculous. I'd rather have the tackles than the hits and let them keep running up field.

Edited by Ryanr84

The thing that you guys have to realize is that Kaepernick does not depend on the run. Unless it's a design run play, Kaepernick only takes what he is given. He certainly can and has been contained before, and no doubt the Falcons are capable of doing so. But focusing on containment opens up other opportunities on offense, And that's the point in having a dual threat quarterback. He's not a one trick pony. The man can throw the ball very well, especially deep.

The thing that you guys have to realize is that Kaepernick does not depend on the run. Unless it's a design run play, Kaepernick only takes what he is given. He certainly can and has been contained before, and no doubt the Falcons are capable of doing so. But focusing on containment opens up other opportunities on offense, And that's the point in having a dual threat quarterback. He's not a one trick pony. The man can throw the ball very well, especially deep.

honestly I would never know considering every highlight I've ever seen of him was of him running lol

from what I've seen though (as limited as that may be), he seems to overthrow his receivers deep over the middle.

from what I've seen though (as limited as that may be), he seems to overthrow his receivers deep over the middle.

It's true than when he misses the ball tends to miss over instead of under, but throwing deep he's the most accurate in the NFL. Keep in mind deep passes tend to be low percentage for any QB.

Edited by USArmyParatrooper

Exactly. It is not a good idea to wish somebody getting hurt. I hope we win fair and square and not saying Spoon's hit was not fair. But that hit on RGIII could have hurt spoon as well. Going to SB we dont want any of our players injured.

We will Big time. Go Falcons

Flacco might be the best deep ball thrower in the league. Not this guy. How do you throw deep when he makes one read and then takes off? Vick used to do that. Crumpled covered? Time to run!

You'll just have to look up the stats showing Kaep having the highest completion percentage of downfield throws of 20+ yards

Flacco might be the best deep ball thrower in the league. Not this guy. How do you throw deep when he makes one read and then takes off? Vick used to do that. Crumpled covered? Time to run!

According to Pro Football Focus, Kaepernick IS the best deep ball thrower in the NFL. He completes 60% of his passes that are in the air more than 20 yards. Aaron Rodgers is #2. Flaccos not even in the top 5.

honestly I would never know considering every highlight I've ever seen of him was of him running lol

Correct....which doesn't tell the whole story.

Look...Niner fans have been on the Kaep bandwagon for awhile now.

The media just woke the **** up on Saturday. Kaep doesn't run like that in every game. He does most of his damage with his arm, not his legs.