Break It Down: Can Vernon Davis Copy Zach Miller’S Success?

Nolan isn't going to run the same scheme two weeks in a row that would make it too easy for the 49ers.

I bet squidward gets blown up if he runs. I remember all the times Vick would run and teams would try to break his ribs every chance they got to hit him

Edited by Brehus

I don't know the falcons D too well but Vernon excels at using his speed and beating linebackers and finding a hole when the safety is looking elsewhere. But if you can make sure you have someone over the top he hasnt been able to do much this year. If the falcons put more emphasis on Kaep running and Crabtree outside, then Vernon maybe able to catch a couple of deep balls. Only time will tell.

Our #2 TE Delanie Walker might be able to have some success on sunday. If he can catch the ball --- guy drops every other pass. He can block well, run fast, run good routes. Catching isn't he best attribute, which is frustrating for niner fans.

Walker seems to be Kaep's fav target among TE.

Ya, if he knew how to catch he would be great. The commentators love to talk about him being a great "jack of all trades" unknown player. He drops multiple balls a game, which every niner fan can remind you of.

Edited by SF-Wald

Vernon Davis is much more athletic than Miller but you have to believe that Nolan will implement something to take away the intermediate passing attack that Seattle took advantage of. I would expect us to be much more physical with the SF receivers coming off the line than we were with Seattles.

I don't know the falcons D too well but Vernon excels at using his speed and beating linebackers and finding a hole when the safety is looking elsewhere. But if you can make sure you have someone over the top he hasnt been able to do much this year. If the falcons put more emphasis on Kaep running and Crabtree outside, then Vernon maybe able to catch a couple of deep balls. Only time will tell.

Kaep barely throws to vernon so im not worried!

there is no doubt that Davis has the talent.....but he hasnt been use much this year it seems.

Is it because Kaep doesnt go through all of his progressions? I do not know, which is why I am asking. Because if I recall VD's numbers are def. down this season.

Imho i think kaep looks for crab then if nothings there he runs! Thats how i see it!

The answer? It doesn't matter, the 49ers have too many weapons, the Falcons can pick any poison, plug one leak, two more will open.

....the 49rs will be shut down....mark this down, end of story. The time has come for the NFL to see what the greatest show on turf is all about, and I pity the poor fools on the other end.

What is the 49rs statements games this year? We know what ours is and so do you...so buddy, we ain't skurd of the crimson and gold...fools gold that is...bring it or don't come Sunday.

I'll be honest, Vernon Davis scares the **** out of me. He is probably the most pure (in his prime) talented TE in the league along with perhaps Gronkowski, Graham is an overrated halfwit, who just happens to be as big as he is dumb.

Miller torched us last week, in large part because Moore seemed to be in a daze for much of the game, but Miller is barely in Davis' league. I hope they can contain the intermittent pass routes or it may be a long day. They do have a pick your poison offense as well, if the Falcons commit to shutting down Crabtree and containing the running game, Davis could have a great day....TE's have killed us all season.

In the last 7 games, including the playoff game, Vernon Davis has exactly 7 catches. So it would be a pretty massive change in strategy for the Niners to start chunking the ball to him on every other play.

I've heard that as well and it just makes no sense. It seems like a dam that is going to have to break wide open at some point, Davis is too good to keep ignoring. I read somewhere that he and Kaepernick are just not on the same page, given our history this season of opposing TE numbers, that is something the two of them may (should) be working to correct.....all that said, I hope you're right.