What Will You Do If Your Team Loses (Falcon And 49Er Fans Alike)?

For me, I will probably spank my girlfriend pretty hard that night, and maybe watch zombie flicks until the sun comes up. For the next few weeks I'll avoid all football media.

But then, I will remember that by losing the NFCCG the 49ers can't tarnish their perfect Super Bowl record. I will then feel pretty Zen.

What will you do if your team loses, Falcons fans? 49er fans?

If the Niners beat us, I'll root for them in the Super Bowl. After a season of trash talking, the two Niners fans that I work with have been remarkably subdued (but still confident) and respectful to me this week. Without a dog in the fight, I'd rather lose to the best team than a runner-up.

I'm too geeked up for this game. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Be happy that the Niners got to the NFC championship two years in a row and are back to being a relevant team. And, if it's Falcons-Patriots, root hard for the Falcons to get their trophy.

This x1000

I will be seriously bummed, though.

But I can tell you this, if we win I will be on this board congratulating you for a great season. You guys have been good sports, so I won't be twisting the knife.

Pretty much the same as last year: sit at home and sulk while watching the Superbowl in my underwear and mailing deat threats to Kyle Williams (just kidding about that last part).

If Atlanta wins, good luck to them in the Super Bowl. I'll probably watch, but don't expect me to care. I'll be folding my laundry at home with the game on.

For me, I will probably spank my girlfriend pretty hard that night, and maybe watch zombie flicks until the sun comes up. For the next few weeks I'll avoid all football media.

But then, I will remember that by losing the NFCCG the 49ers can't tarnish their perfect Super Bowl record. I will then feel pretty Zen.

What will you do if your team loses, Falcons fans? 49er fans?

I already have my mp3 line up read for my car during my drive to work for the next month should this happen. Probably won't watch ESPN til September.

This x1000

I will be seriously bummed, though.

But I can tell you this, if we win I will be on this board congratulating you for a great season. You guys have been good sports, so I won't be twisting the knife.

Likewise.

Except for that tool from the SF Examiner Dylan Kruse. If the Falcons win, I am going to personally insure that dude's twitter account and e-mail are bombarded with 1000s of messages telling him what an idiot he is.

Pretty much the same as last year: sit at home and sulk while watching the Superbowl in my underwear and mailing deat threats to Kyle Williams (just kidding about that last part).

If Atlanta wins, good luck to them in the Super Bowl. I'll probably watch, but don't expect me to care. I'll be folding my laundry at home with the game on.

If we lose, I hope the 9ners win. I'll say this right now, the NFC >>>>>>>>>AFC. Its gonna be like the SEC Championship was to the BCS National Championship. Winner in Atlanta Sunday WILL win the Super Bowl.

Be upset but thankful we had such a great season, and get pumped up for next year.

For a while I will feel really sorry for TG.

I will also get annoyed at all the analyst's doing the "look I was right" dance... even though they all thought we would lose last week.

If we leave it on the field and just get beat, I'll feel no better than I do about losing in round one, but I'll get over it. Quality of play means something to me. As long as the moment isn't bigger than the team, I can handle what comes.

No more Robinson moments or 2 point games please!

If we lose, I hope the 9ners win. I'll say this right now, the NFC >>>>>>>>>AFC. Its gonna be like the SEC Championship was to the BCS National Championship. Winner in Atlanta Sunday WILL win the Super Bowl.

At least, unlike last year, I would console myself with the fact that the Giants are world champions and the A's had a **** of a year.

Plus, watching two great playoff games (versus the four other years we had season tickets and they went nowhere) is a big impovement, and having two years with the 49ers playing in the NFC Championships is the most exciting they have been since I was a kid.

Yeah, I would be disapointed watching that Super Bowl, but a lot less disapointed overall than during the long drought.

And, I will be looking forward to next year. After all, three of the four teams this year in the Championships were there last year and I think the 49ers have a great shot at a three-peat.