Congratulations Falcon Fans!

pzummo

It is official. This past Sunday, the Georgia Dome registered LOUDER crowd noise than Seattle's CenturyLink stadium when they hosted the Carolina Panthers in the 2005-2006 NFC Championship game. This game had the highest confirmed DB measurement for CenturyLink field peaking at 112db. There are other unconfirmed reports of 137db, but the only legitimately confirmed measurement by an independent source is 112db. There are other reports that this was an average, but that is incorrect. It was a peak.

The Atlanta Falcons crowd noise was measured by an independent source as peaking at 117.8db!!! Let's beat that this week Falcon fans!!!!

Here's the link confirming the Seahawks stadium db record.

http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/qwest-field/false-starts.html

Here's the picture of the db measurement at the Falcons game on Sunday.

718088334.jpg?key=800596&Expires=1358371836&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=QzwJszUmlbxlS4h14jqpeyFxFq8Gl7rXWvMZ95uxrV3RZs6XWNmrHX0jS91EHsxGlkTyK9g66sRNIliueJdAXfBGhE1vVsBlutYpTXcm7ND0gUOmy3p0mcK0g9jNUVTLbGPXguKMqPZh57Zpa6mAbzA6~fadRUlZNqTcedvZyr4_

It is official. This past Sunday, the Georgia Dome registered LOUDER crowd noise than Seattle's CenturyLink stadium when they hosted the Carolina Panthers in the 2005-2006 NFC Championship game. This game had the highest confirmed DB measurement for CenturyLink field peaking at 112db. There are other unconfirmed reports of 137db, but the only legitimately confirmed measurement by an independent source is 112db. There are other reports that this was an average, but that is incorrect. It was a peak.

The Atlanta Falcons crowd noise was measured by an independent source as peaking at 117.8db!!! Let's beat that this week Falcon fans!!!!

Here's the link confirming the Seahawks stadium db record.

http://www.seahawks....lse-starts.html

Here's the picture of the db measurement at the Falcons game on Sunday.

718088334.jpg?key=800596&Expires=1358371836&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=QzwJszUmlbxlS4h14jqpeyFxFq8Gl7rXWvMZ95uxrV3RZs6XWNmrHX0jS91EHsxGlkTyK9g66sRNIliueJdAXfBGhE1vVsBlutYpTXcm7ND0gUOmy3p0mcK0g9jNUVTLbGPXguKMqPZh57Zpa6mAbzA6~fadRUlZNqTcedvZyr4_

But I see 100 threads about the dome being not loud enough last week. We are going to go further this week and hopefully hit 120.

Could it have been louder then at Seattle because we are in an enclosed dome?

The Georgia Dome being enclosed obviously doesn't hurt, but that's not the entire story. CenturLink field was designed to amplify and direct the crowd noise to the field. It is the consensus loudest stadium in the NFL (most false starts caused in the NFL supports the claim). They put a roof that covers 70% of the stadium, which reflects the sound from the crowd back down to the field. It has the smallest footprint of any NFL stadium while still supporting up to 72,000 fans in order to have a higher concentration of fan noise. They installed metal bleachers to help amplify the sound of the fans. And they angled the bleachers and the seating in order to maximize the amount of noise directed to the field.

Should of heard Heath Evans today.

" When playing for the Saints they were our rivals , we were never afraid. Their crowd isn't very loud. Their fans just aren't those kinds of fans. Nobody is scared of their house. "

Make that mouth breathing blow hard POS eat his freaking words!

The Georgia Dome being enclosed obviously doesn't hurt, but that's not the entire story. CenturLink field was designed to amplify and direct the crowd noise to the field. It is the consensus loudest stadium in the NFL (most false starts caused in the NFL supports the claim). They put a roof that covers 70% of the stadium, which reflects the sound from the crowd back down to the field. It has the smallest footprint of any NFL stadium while still supporting up to 72,000 fans in order to have a higher concentration of fan noise. They installed metal bleachers to help amplify the sound of the fans. And they angled the bleachers and the seating in order to maximize the amount of noise directed to the field.

As much as I DONT want a new stadium, it seems that Blank and Co. are going through with it.

So, with that said, I hope they take the crowd noise and design aspects of CLink stadium into consideration.

R. U. ATL!!!

There is still a rule for excessive crowd noise, "

Loss of team time out(s) or five-yard penalty on the defense for excessive crowd noise." However I havent seen it enforced in years. I remmebr a playoff game long time ago and they enforced it and the crowd only got louder......maybe a Minnesota playoff game.

www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

Also if it got to 120 which would be fantastic do you think the refs throw a flag? I couldn't imagine them doing it since they haven't enforced the rule in YEARS.

Edited by braves_n_falcons

But I see 100 threads about the dome being not loud enough last week. We are going to go further this week and hopefully hit 120.

With the 3:00 start this week I'm pretty sure most everybody's vocal cords will be pickled and and ready to yell. My vocals cords gave out about mid way through the 3rd quarter, but it was my first home game since 2004. This week let's turn it to 11

Go you Falcon Dirty Birds!!!!

Everyone going to the game should take signs with them that are made from posterboard covered in tin foil. Then, roll the poster into a megaphone & get that place up to 150db!

Throw a bunch of pennies in a water bottle and shake the sh!t out of it, too!

Or you can go to a craft store, buy a bunch of red & black beads (something small enough to fit through the mouth of a bottle, but heavy enough to make some noise). Thread the beads onto a string & wear it as a team colored necklace past security. Once inside, cut the string with your keys and dump the beads into an empty bottle. Get loud!!

Edited by k-train

With the 3:00 start this week I'm pretty sure most everybody's vocal cords will be pickled and and ready to yell. My vocals cords gave out about mid way through the 3rd quarter, but it was my first home game since 2004. This week let's turn it to 11

Go you Falcon Dirty Birds!!!!

I held up man, I don't know how. But couldn't even talk after I came back to the parking lot. I guess you just keep pushing with the crowd. I still haven't got my voice back but hopefully I will be good by sunday.

Good post pzummo