As A Fan Out In California...

FalconBlood

49ers fans LOVE to trash talk.. It feels a lot like the Lakers fans out here... Many blindly just trash talking me and they can't name more than 4 players. I have been wearing Falcons gear and letting it known to those around me that the Falcons games this year have been intense, crazy, etc. All of the sudden, the 49ers are in the NFC championship game and EVERYONE around me who is a Californian is suddenly a 49er fan, and they tell me how we have "no chance." It takes every ounce of will power in my body not to argue with their stupidity, but seriously, how can a team truly have "no chance." My car may be one of the only Falcon adorned vehicles rolling around California right now and I see SO MANY more 49er adorned cars now. In my neighborhood, i actually sort of fear for my cars life if/when we win. haha. Anyways.. I would love for the Falcons to validate me and the daily ragging i am going through right now.. I simply respond with "any given sunday" and "anything can happen."

Sidenote: I don't know why Bettis got all of his positive praise for trying to go out with a SB win, but Tony G gets no positive press, hardly at all.. Tony G caught his clutch play. Bettis nearly fumbled the game away. How is Kaepernick a bigger story?? :P Gonzo is the greatest at his position and Bettis isn't even top 50 at his, in my opinion..

Well if the Falcons win don't worry they will not bother you next week. They'll be busy prying that foot out of their mouths. As far TG is concerned he just doesn't have the national sizzle as RL. TG is highly respected by peers, media, etc but RL is the bigger star. Maybe TG should do some commercials like RL and JB.

Well if the Falcons win don't worry they will not bother you next week. They'll be busy prying that foot out of their mouths. As far TG is concerned he just doesn't have the national sizzle as RL. TG is highly respected by peers, media, etc but RL is the bigger star. Maybe TG should do some commercials like RL and JB.

Does your computer charge by the letter? Who are RL and JB?

Sorry, but a pet-peeve of mine that people abbreviate and make me guess what they're talking about, as if their time is more important than mine. It drove me crazy last week having to determine if RW meant Roddy White or Russel Wilson.

Sorry, but a pet-peeve of mine that people abbreviate and make me guess what they're talking about, as if their time is more important than mine. It drove me crazy last week having to determine if RW meant Roddy White or Russel Wilson.

I believe he's talking about Ray Lewis and Jerome Bettis, respectively.

Yeah I'm a lazy typer...RL=Ray Lewis....JB= Jerome Bettis

There's alot of abbreviation on a MB (message board) so you might have a hard time lol.

same here in reno,nv. all the 49er fans are coming out of the woodworks. been catching some heat around town when i wear my hat.

I don't know what else you would expect in Reno?! Just because people aren't constantly emblazened in gear doesn't mean they weren't fans biggrin.png

I think Im the only person in Illinois with a Falcons logo on their back window. Its awesome though. I found a youth football helmet with Falcons emblems at a used sporting goods store. I couldnt help but peel the logos off for myself because I didnt want a unworthy Bears fan to get them. I put one on my laptop and the other on my car

This is a blessing in disguise. Why? because we do not have much of a bandwagon and THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. No one in this region of thecountry like us. I mean all of our division rivals are in the same region. Then, you have the rest of the country who thinks they know about the Falcons but don't. Believe it or not, some of them dont even know who Turner is. huh.png The 49ers now all of a sudden have fans throughout that region of the country: throughout California from Baja to Sacramento, Nevada, and even New Mexico and Arizona for crying out loud. Two seasons ago, you couldn't find a 49ers fan if you didnt go down to Candlestick yourself during game day to find one.

Thamill hit it on the head. . . . there were more "Chargers fans" than anything in California. Now that they failed to even make the postseason, they jump ship and claim they are 49ers fans. Yea, 49ers fans in San Diego and even in Arizona.

San Jose representer.

This IS THE SUPERBOWL FOR ME living out here in California. Its for bragging rights in my household.

My roommates are 49ers d*** riders. I need this man.

Otherwise all the FB and Instagram Trash talking will get me down and depressed.

I eat sleep and breath this Falcons sh** you feel me?

This my life!!!

I'm from sac-town, after last weeks heart pounding game, my wife and I went to the grocery store. I was wearing my Roddy White home Limited Jersey and New Era hat and Niner bandwagon fans were in full effect. I had so many snide remarks; you guys won't be able to stop Kaepernick, you guys got lucky, you won't win like that when you play us and so on.

Talking to my boys who are true niners fans, have something different to say; man I'm scared of Tony G, I don't trust Kaepernick yet, it's going to be a good game, you guys better run and pass 50/50.