"smitty-Isms" That Drive You Crazy! List Yours...

g-dawg

This thread is for you to list the tired old sayings that Mike Smith says on a regular basis.

here is the one I hate the most after a Falcons win/loss when talking about the opponent faced:

"That's a good football team we just faced"

Chalk it up, week in and week out, regardless of the opponent - you can bet Mike Smith will say this in the post-game press conference.

I could list more here but will save room for you guys to add yours......I might add a few more later - there should be a list of at least 15-20 I would think.

This thread is for you to list the tired old sayings that Mike Smith says on a regular basis.

here is the one I hate the most after a Falcons win/loss when talking about the opponent faced:

"That's a good football team we just faced"

Well, that's just a fact of the NFL. It's not like we get to play Coastal Carolina. Also, you wouldn't expect him to talk down about other teams. That said, the Smittyism that kills me is that whole "ebbs and flows" thing. I've even heard Matt Ryan use it in interviews a couple times now.

It's not really just a Smittyism, but I hate "take what the defense gives you". It sounds so concessionist. Like you are letting the other team dictate the game.

I also hate when he says that he wants to "win all the home games, and half the road games". It's like you are conceding 4 games.

Well, that's just a fact of the NFL. It's not like we get to play Coastal Carolina. Also, you wouldn't expect him to talk down about other teams. That said, the Smittyism that kills me is that whole "ebbs and flows" thing. I've even heard Matt Ryan use it in interviews a couple times now.

if you are using the exact same compliment for every team - then its not a compliment at all - its a waste of breath.

every team is not a good NFL team - at any given time, there usually is 5-7 teams that are flat-out horrible.

We need to get this list updated before his press conference so we can count how many times we've got him.

we could get this list up before the NFCCG post-game press conference - and we could all line up 30 shot glasses and drink everytime he said one of the "-isms"....we would all be wasted in 5 minute