Buck, Aikman Get The Call Sunday

http://blog.atlantaf...he-call-sunday/

For those of you watching the NFC Championship game at home, you can tune in to Fox for the 3 p.m. kickoff as Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will call the game. The sideline reporters will be Pam Oliver and Erin Andrews.

According to FootballZebras.com, Terry McAuley will serve as the head official for the game.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocker. The number 1 broadcast team gets the Championship game.

I actually find Aikman to be an outstanding analyst.

I agree. Aikman does not bother me, and does a good job. It is Joe Buck who I can't stand, but some of that is for doing Baseball so long with McCarver.

The Broadcasters/schudule for the playoffs were released a couple of weeks back, so I knew this already,and of course it's a given anyway. However, we are led to believe that Moose,Goose, Albert are the #2 team yet they didn't call the game last week. I wonder why. Maybe contracts only run through end of calendar year? Have they been demoted? Billick is Ok, but last week Jaquizz Rodgers was Jaquizz Smith, Jones, Green, may have had Harry Jones too, and a whole lot more.

I've never been a Gus Johnson fan, mainly because he's the other extreme of Joe Buck. I love his enthusiasm, but the constant freaking out gives me a headache. In terms of knowledge, nobody in my opinion beats Mike Mayock. I'm also a Cris Collinsworth guy, which has lead to numerous flamings from other board members. But hey, I also liked Kornheiser on MNF, so what do I know?

Historically I've liked Chris Collinsworth, but the dude was openly rooting for the Cowboys against the Falcons this year. It was the oddest thing i've seen from a national announcer in a while.

If you haven't yet, please YouTube "Joe Buck Artie Lange". You won't regret it. Basically, Buck got an HBO talk show (that lasted 3 episodes before cancellation), and Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange absolutely destroys him. Greatest thing ever.

I just logged on to say salute Monoxide that was some of the funniest stuff ever. He chewed Buck up and spit him out.

I've never been a Gus Johnson fan, mainly because he's the other extreme of Joe Buck. I love his enthusiasm, but the constant freaking out gives me a headache. In terms of knowledge, nobody in my opinion beats Mike Mayock. I'm also a Cris Collinsworth guy, which has lead to numerous flamings from other board members. But hey, I also liked Kornheiser on MNF, so what do I know?

100% agree on Mayock. The guy is loved in the UK.

We love Gus Johnson because we like our sports announcers to lose it a bit. Not south american football levels, but passion.

Gus keeps it fun, but I can se what you are saying.

I don't get the hate on Collinsworth, I just don't like watching him when he commentates on certain teams, the cowboys are probably the worst.

Gus is too over the top for me also. "Oh my god the Ref just threw the flag into the Heavens, it floated down like a yellow angel right at the feet of big Sam Baker. Oh no, it's a false start, this call might cripple the franchise forever, this hole they have dug might actually reach to China and beyond!!!

And he carried on about the ******** coin toss the entire Panthers game. I mean dang, they were bound to win a coin toss this season, odds were in their favor I believe.

Edited by jeffro2000