Atlanta Sports Radio

north falcon

I have the TuneIn Radio app and just started listening to Atlanta sports radio yesterday. I assume the only place to hear about the Falcons is 680. I was wondering which are the best shows to listen to. I heard a little bit of Buck and Kincade yesterday. Kincade sounded knowledgeable. I thought Buck was nothing more than a fan with no ability for critical thinking, but maybe I need to give him more time.

Anyway, what should I listen to for good Falcons talk?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, thanks. I never knew about 790. I typed "Atlanta sports talk" and 680 was the first thing that came up.

Personally, I'm not that interested in interviews with players. They usually provide very little insight and it's a lot of "well, Seattle's a great team" or "we just gotta play our best" nonsense.

Okay, thanks. I never knew about 790. I typed "Atlanta sports talk" and 680 was the first thing that came up.

Personally, I'm not that interested in interviews with players. They usually provide very little insight and it's a lot of "well, Seattle's a great team" or "we just gotta play our best" nonsense.

I didn't mention that just for the interviews themselves. 790 has better access to the players, so they actually know what they're talking about. Plus, they've been in Atlanta for years, and actually care about the local teams, especially the Falcons.

790 all the way. Mayhem in the AM is a pretty funny show and normally dependable.

(they also have their own App)

Only thing decent on 680 is Chuck and Chernoff. Buck Belue will make you bang your head on a wall for hours.

92.9 - Jerome and Jamie are alright, but the other shows act way too contrary (to get a different audience) --

--i.e. "Hawks are playing tonight... but it doesn't matter, since they're gonna lose anyway", "Falcons don't mean anything unless it's January", etc.

Edited by brando27

Yeah I remember the Morning show guy a few weeks back say "We'll probably see a lotta JPW against Tampa".

How are you on a Sports talk station and not have a clue about the home team?

That's the problem: they don't care about the city or the teams. They're whole angle is trying to sound cool instead of be informed. I really tried to listen for a few days, but it was painful.

I just kinda swich back and fourth because it's all sports talk IMO. In the AM Jerome & Jamie 92.9, Dan Patrick 680, The Herd 790. Mid afternoon I'm working so I rarely listen unless I'm out for lunch but I really enjoy Chuck & Chernoff (probably the best sports talk show in ATL). Arch & Bell is a hoot though. Mike Bell cracks my azz up! All his imperonations have me dying most of the time and Arch knows his football. Mac & Jason is entertaining on my drive home and whenever Football Night with John Michaels is on I always find time to listen.

I just kinda swich back and fourth because it's all sports talk IMO. In the AM Jerome & Jamie 92.9, Dan Patrick 680, The Herd 790. Mid afternoon I'm working so I rarely listen unless I'm out for lunch but I really enjoy Chuck & Chernoff (probably the best sports talk show in ATL). Arch & Bell is a hoot though. Mike Bell cracks my azz up! All his imperonations have me dying most of the time and Arch knows his football. Mac & Jason is entertaining on my drive home and whenever Football Night with John Michaels is on I always find time to listen.

I guess I gotta give everything a chance. You guys have given a lot of different shows! I'm not a fan of Dan Patrick or The Herd because I'm not a fan of national stories. I don't care about the Lakers or Hockey or the Big 10 or any of that. Just give me Falcons and Mets smile.png

I didn't mention that just for the interviews themselves. 790 has better access to the players, so they actually know what they're talking about. Plus, they've been in Atlanta for years, and actually care about the local teams, especially the Falcons.

Yea I agree I like Archer and tolerate Bell in the afternoons on 790 Overall 790 to me is better and know Atlanta better etc. Chuck/ Chernoff are okay on 680 but otherwise they suck monkey balls. I really trying to like 92.9 but they are fairly awful themselves, and they don't have to even try at it. Got to listen too somebody's story about working NFC championship game last year with Dan Hampton for what seemed like 20 minutes, no substance, no chemistry . Grade D.

Yea I agree I like Archer and tolerate Bell in the afternoons on 790 Overall 790 to me is better and know Atlanta better etc. Chuck/ Chernoff are okay on 680 but otherwise they suck monkey balls. I really trying to like 92.9 but they are fairly awful themselves, and they don't have to even try at it. Got to listen too somebody's story about working NFC championship game last year with Dan Hampton for what seemed like 20 minutes, no substance, no chemistry . Grade D.

I listened to Chuck & Chernoff for months since they were on FM and it was baseball season, but Chuck's accent grates on my ears. Plus, they get off topic. A lot. Arch and Bell do too, but Arch balances Bell well, and overall I like Bell's sense of humor. If 790 gets an FM signal, 92.9 is toast.

If you don't have satellite radio, the only thing you can pick up outside of the perimeter is 92.9 the game. I think 790 as the flagship station is overall a better station, however I can't pick them up outside of being directly in Atlanta, & before 8am & after 6pm forget about it, you're forced to listen to 92.9, I like Jerome & Jamie, Mac & Jason,even Murph-Dog weekend mornings, but the 6-10,& 2-6 shows are just too cheesy for me.I guess if you have tunein, your options may be better, but inside the Atlanta metropolitan area that's about it