Did Seattle Give Us A Blueprint The 12Th Man

Xfactor

SEAHAWKS 42, 49ERS 13

SEATTLE — Fueled by its deafening home crowd, the Seattle Seahawks locked up their spot in the postseason Sunday night.

They also reinforced the notion no one in the NFC wants to see them when the playoffs begin, even if they are a wild card.

Russell Wilson threw a career high four touchdown passes to move into second place for most TD passes by a rookie. Marshawn Lynch scored two first-quarter TDs, and the Seahawks blew out the San Francisco 49ers 42-13.

Richard Sherman returned a blocked field goal 90 yards for another touchdown as the Seahawks (10-5) jumped to a 21-0 lead. That only added to an already hyped crowd on a typically cold and rainy December night, with noise echoing off the walls and overhanging roof of CenturyLink Field that might have been heard all the way across Puget Sound.

The 42 points were the most allowed since Harbaugh took over the 49ers, and the most San Francisco yielded since 45 to Atlanta in 2009. It was the perfect way for Pete Carroll to snap a three-game losing streak against his rival.

Lynch finished with 111 yards on 26 carries, his third straight game against the 49ers topping 100 yards. Wilson wasn't asked to do much — other than throw touchdown passes.

Wilson led Seattle on scoring drives of 9, 12, 13 and 15 plays. He was never threatened by Aldon Smith, who remained stuck on 19 1-2 sacks for the season thanks to the play of Seattle left tackle Russell Okung.

The Seahawks were 11 of 13 on third-down conversions. And Wilson was the clear winner in the matchup of young quarterbacks.

San Francisco's Colin Kaepernick had already proven himself capable of winning on the road. His inexperience playing in such an environment showed. He was flustered and disorganized at the line of scrimmage, letting the noise from Seattle's fans affect him.

Now to be fair Justin Smith wasn't playing Davis was knocked out of the game Manningham went down in the 3rd quarter.

Ryan is better than Wilson who threw for 4 TD's We can run on San Fran with Turner and Rodgers. The biggest factor is going to be us If we blow the roof off the Dome this Sunday, it will give Kaep problems.

Edited by Xfactor

I hope the crowd brings it for all 60 minutes this week. I know they will be roaring at the beginning, but the Birds need them to bring it all day long.

100% agree Peyton I think it's a bigger advantage than most people think. If we can get in that 110+db range it will affect Kaep and our boys will feed off of it.

I would love the media tag line to read "Falcons 12th man to much for Kaep and the 49'ers"

YES!!!!!! Get loud, get really loud & don't let up!!!

Before you start comparing games though, you have to know the seahawks are a better team than showed up at the Georgia Dome Sunday, particularly defensively.... Just as the Falcons were better than the team that exited the playoffs in the first round the last few years. No excsuses, but losing our best interior & exterior pass rushers did not help us... We couldn't get to Ryan & couldn't stop turner & Quizz.. The D-line for SF wont let your RBs dictate much of the game like they did against us, im guessing. Nolan has to scheme better all game long.

Our HFA is as good as it gets in the NFL....ask NFL players from around the league. Use that knowledge & don't let up!!!

While I don't think Ryan is necessarily better than Wilson (more experienced, sure), I do think you guys can beat the 9ers. You will need to stay w/ the noise despite what happens (even if you get down a little). Your D needs to step up & stay up. If you run man all game, you'll lose. I'm sure your coaching staff is aware of that.

Colin was CLEARLY rattled in Seattle. He simply couldn't hear. Make it so Falcon Fans.... Know when to get loud.

Go birds

Matt Ryan on 790 mentioned in the morning that Crowd was so loud last weekend and sometimes, they had to ask the crowd to be calm when they are on the offense. He said, I hope crowd is little more quieter when the offense is on the field because it impacted in one or two plays.

SMH.

Hawk fans at the game said: Falcon fans were loud (not nearly Seattle loud, but loud) but not at the right times. They need to be quiet when your O is on the field & relentless when the D is out, particularly on 3rd downs. They also said it started getting more & more quiet when the hawks were making their run. That's when you guys need to be louder.

Gonzo tried to hush the crowd a few times.

Go falcons

You talking about our coach? LOL TO to freeze experience kicker LOL

Smith gave us a few chances by the way he called the last timeout w/ 13 seconds. He's gonna need to not repeat that kind of panic. Make fun if Pete all you want... We are talking about how the Falcons can upset the Niners, and you can.

Smith gave us a few chances by the way he called the last timeout w/ 13 seconds. He's gonna need to not repeat that kind of panic. Make fun if Pete all you want... We are talking about how the Falcons can upset the Niners, and you can.

I didn't see anything wrong with calling TO at :13 seconds because You put the FG and the game is over... Squib kick was the mis-communication and it won't happen again..

I didn't see anything wrong with calling TO at :13 seconds because You put the FG and the game is over... Squib kick was the mis-communication and it won't happen again..

It was a mistake by Smith. He should have been thinking about it before the play. If he had, he might have waited until 3-4 seconds to call the time out the way he should have.

But it's all good, we won, maybe next time he gets that one right.

I think this is huge. I gotta think the Amoeba will be in full force on Sunday. With the crowd noise and forcing Kaepernik to read defenses the Falcons will eliminate alot of their offense

Amoeba D won't work on Read-Option since in Amoeba D, you have to get to your assignment ASAP ball is snapped. It works with QB who depends on before the snap type of formation (Peyton is an example of that)..

Kaep doesn't care, Where anyone would be before or after he snaps the ball since if he doesn't find anyone open.. he would just run while our D players would try to get to their assignment.. Again, I might be crazy LOL