So Who Do You Think Will Win On Sunday? San Francisco Or Atlanta?

#1 pick™

I believe we can beat San Francisco. I watch their games I see they can be an unit that can be outsmarted on offense. At the same time, SF is a team that is physically dominant and can get pressure with their front four. I expect Colin to have a great game and Ryan to play Cassell like as he did last Sunday and in all of his playoff performances till the final minute of the game. I picked Atlanta to win last week but this week, San Fran will win even though I badly want Atlanta to win.

San Francisco- 31

Atlanta- 10

While Atlanta will do a great job stopping the run, I expect SF OL to dominate pass blocking and give Kaep all day throwing the ball like Wilson. Kaep has better weapons and he can eat you up in the pocket as well. I expect Kaep to have a great game even if he doesn't run for more than 50 yards.

Edited by Hollywood #1 pick

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we can beat San Francisco. I watch their games I see they can be an unit that can be outsmarted on offense. At the same time, SF is a team that is physically dominant and can get pressure with their front four. I expect Colin to have a great game and Ryan to play Cassell like as he did last Sunday and in all of his playoff performances till the final minute of the game. I picked Atlanta to win last week but this week, San Fran will win even though I badly want Atlanta to win.

San Francisco- 31

Atlanta- 10

While Atlanta will do a great job stopping the run, I expect SF OL to dominate pass blocking and give Kaep all day throwing the ball like Wilson. Kaep has better weapons and he can eat you up in the pocket as well. I expect Kaep to have a great game even if he doesn't run for more than 50 yards.

You do realize that Seattle's defense was better than the Niners defense and we scored 30 points on them, and you think we will score one touchdown? Join the rest of the hater crowd, that's where you belong.

Their o and d lines are solid, I'll give you that. But to be so blind just to try to make your point is low, even for you Hollywood. They were physically dominated by the Seahawks, Rams, Giants, and Vikings this year to name 4 teams off the top of my head. Our oline dominated the Seahawks last game. Granted SF is better up front, but if we can keep Matt clean their secondary is not anywhere near the level of Seattles, their pressure can cover up some of their limitations. Ryan made one really bad decision last week, so you can quit with the Cassell comparisons and go back in the bathroom with your Kaepernick poster.

I predicted we would go 13-3 during the pre-season. Check my post history, it's there.

I predicted we would beat Seattle in the playoffs and did.

Now I am predicting us to get mishandled by San Francisco.

My logic on this is simple. We are not good enough defensively to take away everything from Kaepernick. We have to pick and choose what we want to take away and his OL and weapons are too good to just take away one thing. Matt Ryan isn't a good playoff QB. He had the 7th best overall performance in the 2nd round by national consensus. Only one worse was Matt Schaub. That said, I expect him to dink and dunk and have his WR to make plays to a degree but going up v. Bruce Irvin and Melbane is not the same as going up v. Aldon and Justin Smith. That's like Julio and Roddy compared to Brandon Gibson and Danny Amendola. Our OL won't be able to handle the 49ers DL. I do not expect Ryan to throw over 200 yards.

I predicted we would go 13-3 during the pre-season. Check my post history, it's there.

My logic on this is simple. We are not good enough defensively to take away everything from Kaepernick. We have to pick and choose what we want to take away and his OL and weapons are too good to just take away one thing. Matt Ryan isn't a good playoff QB. He had the 7th best overall performance in the 2nd round by national consensus. Only one worse was Matt Schaub. That said, I expect him to dink and dunk and have his WR to make plays to a degree but going up v. Bruce Irvin and Melbane is not the same as going up v. Aldon and Justin Smith. That's like Julio and Roddy compared to Brandon Gibson and Danny Amendola. Our OL won't be able to handle the 49ers DL. I do not expect Ryan to throw over 200 yards.

Your logic is simple, but there are also counter arguments.

1. Kap. We, for the most part, played a nice contain game against wilson, and doing the same against Kap.. well, he isn't the kind of passer Wilson is. There were times sunday that Wilson was waiting an absolute age to pass, our coverage was excellent. We need a touch more pressure up front.

2. Matt is no Brady, but look at Manning's numbers to give you some perspective... Don't try and tell me you can't see that Matt didn't play a very nice game. Any QB that regulary comes from behind in the way he does gives you a shot when the game is on the line. Undeniable.

3. Dink and dunk... it's a jab, you know it's not remotely true any more.

I see what you are saying, but I don't think it's going to play out like you said. Jmo

13-3 prediction was easy to predict and so was beating seahawks! Man their dline is hurting and one of their oline has a bad hand! Come on now we wont get destroyed at all kaep is on the road where he has struggled! It will be a close game man 21-17 but no way they score 31. Only way that happens if mccown plays

Edited by Taydumz

I'm not a blatant falcons homer but I'm a realist. You say San fran would come to Atlanta and beat them by 21 points...that is highly debatable. Even though our team has trouble putting teams away, we still win. In my opinion, Russell Wilson is much better than Kap. Nolan has made very good game plans coming into the game, but not the best at making adjustments during it. San Fran has lost 4 games and tied 1. You act as if they are unbeatable, but the dome will be just as loud, of not louder, than when they lost to the Seahawks 42-13. Justin smith isn't near 100% and O-line has become a strong point in protecting Ryan. They have to deal with Roddy, Julio, Tony, and Harry while trying to stop quizz and turner in the run game. I don't see scoring points as a weakness because we just scored 30 on Seattle. It will be a very good game and I see the defense will dictate the outcome of the game. If they contain Kap and force a couple turnovers, we run away with the game.

Your logic is simple, but there are also counter arguments.

1. Kap. We, for the most part, played a nice contain game against wilson, and doing the same against Kap.. well, he isn't the kind of passer Wilson is. There were times yesterday that Wilson was waiting an absolute age to pass, our coverage was excellent. We need a touch more pressure up front.

2. Matt is no Brady, but look at Manning's numbers to give you some perspective... Don't try and tell me you can't see that Matt didn't play a very nice game. Any QB that regulary comes from behind in the way he does gives you a shot when the game is on the line. Undeniable.

3. Dink and dunk... it's a jab, you know it's not remotely true any more.

1. Kaep is a great two read mobile QB. If we plan on spying Kaep, someone will be open. Kaep is also very accurate. San Francisco would be tough for us with Smith at QB, with Kaep, they will likely be too much. Wilson might be a better passer but Kaep has a much better OL. They will give us issues. Look for the Babs-Iupati match-up. Iupati is one of the best guards in the NFL and Babs is very inconsistent. Watch for that match-up. Kaep would be a lot easier to defend if he was on Carolina but on San Francisco. He's scary good.

2. Manning regresses in the playoff from GOAT to a very good QB. Ryan regresses from very good to Matt Cassell. Not the same. You can win with one with some positions having a down game, you need a complete team effort to win with the other. He's no Brady, that's obvious though.

3. He was dinking and dunking a lot v. Seattle. He had four great plays that wasn't just the WR showing his a** in the game. But for the most part. We could have had 35-0 game before HT v. Seattle. That Sherman knock down would have been a TD if he had more velocity in his throws. Needless to say, he was great in the last offensive possession of the game.

Edited by Hollywood #1 pick

Lol i knew this was a troll post when you asked who would win

LOL he said he was Cassell like. The Falcons hung 30 on the best defense in the NFL, the most points they have given up all year, and he said Matt was Cassell like.

Hollywood is the gift that keeps on giving.

No, Seattle's defense isn't better than the 49ers Phalconabernathy. Statistically it shows that, true. The thing is that Seattle's defense is dominant at home and so so on the road. Seattle is dominant at home period and so so on the road. They went 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road and could've easily gone 1-7 on the road. Enough said. The Seahawks played the Packers, Patriots, and Vikings at home while the 49ers played all of them on the road and went 2-1 beating the Packers and Patriots. Yes, the 49ers beat the Packers and Patriots on the road. 49ers will win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and that will be the difference in this game. Let's not go into statistics, they beat them and they didn't beat them. It's all about matchups and advantages and the only advantage the Falcons have is their wide receivers, quarterback, and kicker. Remember 49ers defense is better than the Seahawks period. I'll be rooting for the Falcons, but they will come up short unless they get a plus 3 turnover advantage.