Mike Smith "that's How You Be Aggressive!"

nestaselect

From NFL replay...

After the shovel pass to Snell in the 3rd, Smith commends Koetter on the play call and then shouts to him "That's how you be aggressive!".

To me, this throws the concept that some of you have of "Smitty Ball"out the window. This shows me that Smith knows the importance of being aggressive. This shows that Smith actually wants to be aggressive.

It sounds (to me at least) that there is pressure to be more aggressive. After watching the replay tonight, I wonder if the pressure to be too aggressive on offense was our undoing during the second half.

y'all may not believe me, but I told my son in law, 'we were in this situation earlier this year and matt did a shovel pass to snelling for the score' and then they did it.....he just looked at me and grinned and said, 'well you called it'

gotta love some of these plays DK is actually using this year. wasn't so sure about the hire, but now glad we got him here and extended him

y'all may not believe me, but I told my son in law, 'we were in this situation earlier this year and matt did a shovel pass to snelling for the score' and then they did it.....he just looked at me and grinned and said, 'well you called it'

gotta love some of these plays DK is actually using this year. wasn't so sure about the hire, but now glad we got him here and extended him

Yea that is always fun when you get it right. That quick shovel pass is one of my favorite plays we've called. There is the WR screens that set up the fakes later on that are really fun to watch as well.

Nolan said there was a lot of checks on the defense that 10 of 11 got allowing Miller to get uncovered. He said most of them happened in the 2nd half and 1 happened in the first. That was the issue in the 2nd half.

After watching the NFL replay last night, I really think that William Moore being out all those weeks and not having full practice sessions last week caused a lot of the problems. There were times when he hesitated like he was unsure of his assignment, and it became obvious that his assignment was supposed to be Zach Miller.

DK's best play call was to Snelling after that...IDK WTF he was thinking.

Glad MR/HD/TD/MB...knew the drill in crunch time

Nah, his best call was the FK WR Screen, FK WR Wheel, Backside post to Roddy, which we called twice.....and Matt threw a good pass the second time.

After watching the NFL replay last night, I really think that William Moore being out all those weeks and not having full practice sessions last week caused a lot of the problems. There were times when he hesitated like he was unsure of his assignment, and it became obvious that his assignment was supposed to be Zach Miller.

this

Hopefully he shakes his rust off next sunday

that shovel pass is great... we've used it a couple times this year and had great success with it. I really liked the play where we sent Mike Johnson in motion, and then ran it down there throats to that side. I felt like that was a " Hey, stop us if you can! " type aggressiveness.

Willy Mo got torched by slow *** Zach Miller. Also, alot of their completions were in comeback routes on adjustments by the receivers after Wilson had all day in the pocket. Hard to defend those.

I watched the last catch explained by Baldinger on the NFL network and he broke down the play really well. It was the exact same play that got us into field goal position in the Raiders game. That's why some players are so great, film study. It's easier to play when you have a good idea of what's coming.

And Norwood scored against the Vikings on the same play in 2008, and we got a TD from Metcalf on it in 1995 against the Dolphins, and Lynn Cain scored on it in 1981 against the Niners..

Ok, yeah, I am just f*cking with ya'll now, although the Norwood shovel pass is a true story.