If You Play A Half And Win 20-0

Then dont come out and say we need to now run clock and not let folks get behind us.................do whats working. If it aint broke dont fix it ya know

Force them to break whats working then fix it..........alot of times our demise comes when we get cute and start to plan ahead to the victory, or enhance the victory, or speed up victory.

This has always had an adverse effect and costs us making games alot closer than they truly were.

Do what go you there, and keep doing it until it no longer works, then adjust

just my thoughts, as we obviously started playing more cautious on D and O and that let them seize the moment to take chunks and 3 and out us

I don't get this. We did not go conservative at all. We scored a TD on our first drive. We threw a pick being way too aggressive. The running game was working and I felt like we got too aggressive in the second half. Slow things down, sustain drives, and don't turn the ball over.

I don't get this. We did not go conservative at all. We scored a TD on our first drive. We threw a pick being way too aggressive. The running game was working and I felt like we got too aggressive in the second half. Slow things down, sustain drives, and don't turn the ball over.

He didn't watch the game, just looked at the score per qtr.

Correct. When you're up 27-7 in the 4th, if you go conservative and make them drive the field slowly, you win. Especially if you get a couple drives going.

I thought we got too conservative on defense. we stopped being aggressive period. except for the blitz where spoon whiffed on wilson. to me it looked like they were pushing into the backfield, and once they got there, they stopped pushing for fear of wilson being able to run past them. ok so that managed to contain him somewhat, but geesh don't leave the TE wide open behind the LB's. yeah, we got too conservative on D.

offense on the other hand, I'm in agreement with the few others here who say maybe we were a little too agressive. running turner had been working, why abandon it? when they scored on the opening drive of the third qtr, then we came back and just about ran the qtr out, I thought, ok, they can score if they want, as long as we do that again. as we all know, it didn't turn out that way.

I don't understand how a defense that shut Seattle out in the first half only gets talked about because they gave up 28 in the second half. People are more likely to look at it and say, "man that second half was the real falcons," where as I look at it and say "that first half was the real falcons, the second half was just the fact that we were so dominant in the first that we had no adjustments to make while Seattle made the necessary adjustments to beat what we did to them in the first half".

The Falcon's offense did not get conservative in the second half. The running game worked very well in the first half, and they stopped doing it. Instead, they decided to throw screens to avoid a pass rush that had not shown up all game, and tried a couple of trick plays that did not work. Had the Falcons stuck to the running game, they would have kept their defense off the field a bit longer, which would have translated into less opportunities for Wilson to drive the ball in the second half. The Falcons defense stopped the run successfully in the first half, but that was about it. The Seahawks still drove the ball down the field, they just tried to get too cute when in the red zone, and it cost them the points needed to win.

Maybe we did on D.

But I did hear a few commentators say that the took the game out of Ryan's hands at times. But they didn't explain what they meant.

We didn't get less aggressive on defense either. We blitzed more in the second half because we were expecting the pass. In the first half we played more conservative on defense because we were trying to contain the run. In the second half, we gave up a lot of rushing to Wilson because our blitzes didn't get him and we left a running lane for him without anybody in the middle of the field.

Commentators are morons. I haven't counted the number of passes by half but I do know one drive was killed by a pick and another drive was killed when we did a sweep with Julio and he got stopped for a loss. The plays that were working were the ones where we ran it right at them.

Scoring less and giving up more points does not equate to being conservative. Things didn't work, Seattle found the holes in what we were trying to do, and when they had to pass we couldn't get pressure with 4, so we sent 5 and 6 occasionally. We even blitzed Dunta on one play in the 2nd half. Blitzing your CB is about as aggressive as it gets.

At the end of the day, we got TOO aggressive in the 2nd half, which played into Seattle's hand.

We blitzed on defense, couldn't wrap Wilson up, and he scrambled. We stopped running in the 4th quarter and couldn't get a 1st down.

If we get a 3 score lead on San Fran, we need to keep doing what got us to that point in the first place.

Here's where I give Seattle a little credit.

Most teams roll over, after Falcons answered their first score and it was 27-7. Falcons didn't get conservative they couldn't execute worth a ****. But Seattle smelled out the screens and the end around to Julio etc. # 2 might have got little tight on the pick. After that you knew Seattle was gonna make a good run at it.

I'll take a repeat of the first 3 quarters again on Sunday, most teams would have folded.

Our first drive of the 3rd quarter, resulting in a TD, had 10 passing plays. That is aggressive play calling throwing 10 times on one drive.

On our second drive, we ran the ball twice and picked up the first down. On the next set of downs, we threw a 38 yard pass on 2nd and 11 that resulted in a pick. WAY too aggressive.

On our third drive, we ran 3 passing plays but failed to convert the 3rd down, 3 and out. Overly aggressive yet again.

On our fourth drive, we ran the ball picking up a first down. We ran two more times, then failed to convert on 3rd down throwing the ball. This was our only drive that could've been considered conservative in the entire second half.

Our fifth drive was the game winner.

Then dont come out and say we need to now run clock and not let folks get behind us.................do whats working. If it aint broke dont fix it ya know

Force them to break whats working then fix it..........alot of times our demise comes when we get cute and start to plan ahead to the victory, or enhance the victory, or speed up victory.

This has always had an adverse effect and costs us making games alot closer than they truly were.

Do what go you there, and keep doing it until it no longer works, then adjust

Exactly! If they can't stop the run, keep running the **** ball unless/until they do. We could have killed at least 7 of the last 11 minutes of the game had we not thrown the ball.