FRESH START.

I DON'T THINK I KNOW MUCH ABOUT GUS. BUT I

SAY, GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE. PHILLY NEEDS

NEW DIRECTION, A NEW FOCUS. I LIKED ANDY

REID, BUT IT WAS CLEAR, THINGS WERE SLIPPING

AWAY FROM HIM. ANDY WILL BE BETTER OFF,

JUST AS THE PHILLY'S WILL. BOTH NEEDED A

FRESH START.

Gus is currently the DC of the Seahawks...coached under Monte Kiffin as well...

And I agree...

Gus is currently the DC of the Seahawks...coached under Monte Kiffin as well...

And I agree...

THE SEAHAWK "D" WAS PRETTY GOOD THIS YEAR.

AND MONTE KIFFIN KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.

THIS IS A GOOD RESUME. HE MAY WORK OUT.

FIRST THING ..... TAKE CONTROL OF THAT LOCKER-ROOM.

With your offensive players that would work. On the other hand he wont help your defense.

you won't really find HCs who influence both

it will be his job to hire the right man at DC so he can focus on implementing his offensive philosophy which is what he was really hired to do anyway

it will be his job to hire the right man at DC so he can focus on implementing his offensive philosophy which is what he was really hired to do anyway

Oh, I agree, but if I were an Eagles fan (yuck) I'd be excited to see what my offense will look like. With their speed on that side of the ball I think Kelly will do a good job.

Exactly why the Glazers made a pitch for him last offseason.

Kelly + McCoy + Jackson + Vick = Scary

In his coaching manual, Kelly writes about what he looks for in a signal-caller:

"In our attitude, every sack is the quarterback’s fault. lt is not a sack if the quarterback throws the ball away. Nobody ever lost a game 0n an incomplete pass. Throw the ball away, and give us another opportunity to make a first down. lf you throw it away, it is second-and-10 for the first down. lf you take the sack, it is second-and-16 for the down. lf you can stay away from negative yardage plays, you will be successful. We base the success formula for offense on the total number of plays. Take those plays minus the dropped balls, offensive penalties, and negative yardage plays, and divide by the total number of plays. lf the answer is 80 percent or better, you win the game. The total number of good plays is what you want to consider.

The job of a quarterback is simple. He has to let it happen, and not make it happen. We want to move forward. That is a concept you have to make your team understand. The cardinal sin at our place is the quarterback sack. We want the ball out of the quarterback’s hands in 1.5 seconds. That does not mean holding the ball until 2.5, waiting for someone to get open.”

-----

Does that sound like Vick to you?

Me neither....

In his coaching manual, Kelly writes about what he looks for in a signal-caller:

"In our attitude, every sack is the quarterback's fault. lt is not a sack if the quarterback throws the ball away. Nobody ever lost a game 0n an incomplete pass. Throw the ball away, and give us another opportunity to make a first down. lf you throw it away, it is second-and-10 for the first down. lf you take the sack, it is second-and-16 for the down. lf you can stay away from negative yardage plays, you will be successful. We base the success formula for offense on the total number of plays. Take those plays minus the dropped balls, offensive penalties, and negative yardage plays, and divide by the total number of plays. lf the answer is 80 percent or better, you win the game. The total number of good plays is what you want to consider.

The job of a quarterback is simple. He has to let it happen, and not make it happen. We want to move forward. That is a concept you have to make your team understand. The cardinal sin at our place is the quarterback sack. We want the ball out of the quarterback's hands in 1.5 seconds. That does not mean holding the ball until 2.5, waiting for someone to get open."

-----

Me neither....

Wow, I like Kelly even more now, :D

"In our attitude, every sack is the quarterback's fault. lt is not a sack if the quarterback throws the ball away. Nobody ever lost a game 0n an incomplete pass. Throw the ball away, and give us another opportunity to make a first down. lf you throw it away, it is second-and-10 for the first down. lf you take the sack, it is second-and-16 for the down. lf you can stay away from negative yardage plays, you will be successful. We base the success formula for offense on the total number of plays. Take those plays minus the dropped balls, offensive penalties, and negative yardage plays, and divide by the total number of plays. lf the answer is 80 percent or better, you win the game. The total number of good plays is what you want to consider.

The job of a quarterback is simple. He has to let it happen, and not make it happen. We want to move forward. That is a concept you have to make your team understand. The cardinal sin at our place is the quarterback sack. We want the ball out of the quarterback's hands in 1.5 seconds. That does not mean holding the ball until 2.5, waiting for someone to get open."

-----

Me neither....

So if a qb gets sacked as he is getting the snap it is his fault?

Yeah makes sense!

So if a qb gets sacked as he is getting the snap it is his fault?

Yeah makes sense!

Obviously that would be an exception to the rule.

Sounds as if he puts it on his oline for 1.5 secs....if the QB doesn't deliver it to a target, throw it away, or run within that time...it's on him. I like that