The Truth About Espn And The Falcons

IronHead34

Ok,

Long story short, I work for a school district in Ohio in a small town called Middletown. It is right between Cincinnati and Dayton. The district I work for happens to be where Chris Carter played high school football. While the athletic department adores him (there are several signed jersey’s and balls, etc), most people do not really care about Chris Carter here.

All except a teaching assistant who played football with Chris Carter and still takes care of Carter's niece. We started talking about football today and he name dropped Chris Carter on me. I told him I had a bone to pick with him (Carter) and his hatred of the Falcons. At that moment, the athletic director (who was also an assistant coach when CC played here, not sure if it was a football coach or some other sport) came in and asked this teaching assistant if he had talked to Carter about his potential to be in the Hall of Fame. The two talked and I quickly discovered CC and this guy still talked, a lot. As a matter of fact, CC owns a house in Boca where he often lets this guy hang out as a thank you for taking care of his niece. Apparently, he (Carter) also owns a bronze bently he allowed this man to drive once. And only once.

We started to discuss the Falcons and Vikings NFCCG and figured that is why Carter “hates” the Falcons. Well, I was told that is wrong.

Carter has no hate for the Falcons, or any team for that matter. From what I understand, ESPN basically pays their “analysts” to be actors. Everything is staged when it comes to football and opinions. Basically, during the preproduction meetings, the producers tell the talent who to pick in upcoming games, what stats to throw out to support their picks, and what subtle digs to take at teams they are picking against. Even deeper than that, if talent disagrees with the pick they are told to proclaim, they will often throw out a caveat such as, “if the Falcon’s can contain Keapernick, I think they can win the game, but…I have to pick the 49ers….” However, they are warned not to “gush” too much about the team they are picking against as they thrive on dividing the audience.

Here is another kicker, Chris Carter also has money invested in an Atlanta area business and spends money in the city to help support its growth.

So, moral of the story, sure, CC acts like a fool sometimes and seems to always pick against us, but in truth, the man, like most others on ESPN, is just doing what he needs to do to get paid.

Don’t let the media, especially ESPN, get you all riled up, most of it is an act designed to do so.

Thanks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Arthur Blank should buy espn, and turn it into realville... then instead of pre-planning who has what assignment, just throw out the role-play bs...

Then replace it with real representation from each team... fans, ex players & coaches, punks, business men, barhoppers, MESSAGE BOARD DUDES etc... Then simply let them REPRESENT as long as it is thoughtful, clean and filled with great stuff....

****, over half the time these espn yo yo's get it wrong anyways... so why not fans who are in the know about their teams...?

Edited by HASHBROWN3

If this is true, and I don't doubt it, then maybe Rob Parker was telling the truth when he said the First Take producers knew beforehand what he was going to say about RG3. Sounds like they should've gotten fired along with Parker.

Edited by Keith

If this is true, and I don't doubt it, then maybe Rob Parker was telling the truth when he said the First Take producers knew beforehand what he was going to say about RG3. Sounds like they should've gotten fired along with Parker.

I'd almost bet they gave parker the outline and he filled it in, and then got a little too overzealous

Former College Coach Jeff Reinbold was the guest analyst on Sky TV in the Uk this weekend.

Straight after the game they asked him why the Falcons get no respect. His answer was that Atlanta is a small NFL market and the team has always struggled to gain acceptance, before giving an example - the 1977 Gritz Blitz D being statistically the best D in NFL history, and how almost nobody outside Atlanta even knows this or would refer to them in any discussion of the great NFL defenses.

To put it more bluntly, the NFL broadcast media are ratings whores, prostuiituting themselves to the more popular franchises, the bigger TV marlets and big name players. That's why the netwotks worship the same 10-12 teams all year round, and why smaller market teams like Atlanta get treated like dog dirt.

The sad thing is, these medfi have taken the greatest sport in the world, and - rather than using the airtime to inform and eduate fans about the intricacies of the game - they have turned it in to the lowest form of BS reality TV, where they obsessed with the colour of the underwear being worn by latest overhyped "star" like Tebow and RGIII.

I have ZERO respect for the NFL broadcast media, because it's all that they deserve.

I fully believe the media fabricates a huge portion of it, I'm not so naive as to believe everything the television tells me

Any and EVERY sports show analyst is directed to have conflicting opinions. It makes for good TV/Radio, it creates a debate, which enables these TV stations & radio shows to actually have a show! If every analyst just picked the same team then there would be no "argument" about who the better team is. It shocks me that people dont realize these analyst are directed to have conflicting opinions of who will win. Wake up people.

Edited by matty72780

I often thought that the media (ESPN, NFL Net, Fox sports, etc) work hand in hand with Vegas. I mean they create the perception around a team. Somebody out in Oklahoma might not know a thing about the Falcons other what the media says. So if somebody like that wagers on a game they are basing it off perception and thus Vegas stays fat. Just a theory but the media definitely bends the truth, real talk.