I'm Having A Hard Time Imagining...

JermareATL

Colin freaking Kaepernick playing in the Super Bowl. For some reason it just wouldn't feel right at all. Matt Ryan's career has been leading up to this while Kap came in and started playing for the first time in his career in the middle of the season in a very awkward and controversial QB situation. I'm sure the national media would love for him to make it, but f%*& them, this game is Matt Ryan's to win/lose, CK7 is gonna have to wait til next year when he actually starts the full season.

Riiiiggghhhhtt.

.....and Kurt Warner deserved that Super Bowl much more than that upstart loser Tom Brady. Tom wasn't even the starter when the season started. Doug Williams didn't deserve it either. Don't get me started on Jeff Hostetler or Trent Dilfer.

Ya know who deserves the Super Bowl? The guy that starts and wins the game.

If thats Ryan, then he deserves it.

Riiiiggghhhhtt.

.....and Kurt Warner deserved that Super Bowl much more than that upstart loser Tom Brady. Tom wasn't even the starter when the season started. Doug Williams didn't deserve it either. Don't get me started on Jeff Hostetler or Trent Dilfer.

I didn't say anything about him not deserving it. I said I can't imagine it/it doesn't feel right. If he gets his team there he deserves it.

Riiiiggghhhhtt.

You do realize Warner had already won a SB when Brady beat him....that's why most of the country was pulling for Brady...the greatest show on turf stuff had gotten old.

Unfortunately, appearances in the super bowl don't happen on the basis of taking turns.

Unfortunately, appearances in the super bowl don't happen on the basis of taking turns.

It does when it's Ryan's turn. He doesn't like people from the other team on his field and he'll make sure to send CK7 home quickly as possible.

B Rothlisburger was able to go and win as a starting rookie qb....so it has been done before. The question is....is Frisco's D as good as Pittsburgh's was?

No, he didn't. He was the youngest QB to win - but it was in his second year - not his rookie year.

You do Realize this was a 49ers team that should have been in the Superbowl last year with a mediocre QB in Alex Smith.

Now they have a talent who is extremely challenging to defend.

I don't see us losing. But if we did, it wouldnt be to a bum of a team. This is a scary football team we are facing here fellas!

I live in the Bay Area. My friends are all 49er fans and believe me. As hot as the 49ers can be, I have seen them be the complete opposite for no apparent reason against the Rams and Seahawks with Kaepernick at the reigns.

We will need some sort of off game by them and be playing top notch ball to get this one.

This is the toughtest team we have seen all year by far. If you dont believe so and you say the Seahawks are, your a fool.

Real recognize Real. The Falcons are real, but don't knock the 49ers. They are a great team!

Lets RISE THE F UP!!!!!!!!

B Rothlisburger was able to go and win as a starting rookie qb....so it has been done before. The question is....is Frisco's D as good as Pittsburgh's was?

No, he won as a second year player. His rookie season the Steelers were 15-1, hosted the AFC Championship game against New England, and lost. The Patriots went on the beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Of course, Kaepernick isn't a rookie, either.

I live in the Bay Area. My friends are all 49er fans and believe me. As hot as the 49ers can be, I have seen them be the complete opposite for no apparent reason against the Rams and Seahawks with Kaepernick at the reigns.

We will need some sort of off game by them and be playing top notch ball to get this one.

This is the toughtest team we have seen all year by far. If you dont believe so and you say the Seahawks are, your a fool.

Real recognize Real. The Falcons are real, but don't knock the 49ers. They are a great team!

Lets RISE THE F UP!!!!!!!!

Prior to the Seahawks losing....they were clearly the hottest team. Then once we beat them....the 49ers are now better than the Seahawks ever were. Apparently the 49ers gave zero effort in the 42-13 beatdown they took from the Seahwks a few weeks ago. How many bigtime beatdowns did the Falcons take this year? Just let them keep talking.

You do Realize this was a 49ers team that should have been in the Superbowl last year with a mediocre QB in Alex Smith.

Now they have a talent who is extremely challenging to defend.

I don't see us losing. But if we did, it wouldnt be to a bum of a team. This is a scary football team we are facing here fellas!

How is Alex Smith mediocre? He's the perfect game manager. He's what the Ravens wish Trent Dilfer could have been.

No, Kaepernick has a stronger arm and faster legs than Brady. Only time will tell if he develops elite game management skills like Brady.

That is what is so exciting about Kaepernick. He could become the next Steve Young. biggrin.png Or he could become the next Michael Vick. wacko.png

Lol man keep dreaming

How is Alex Smith mediocre? He's the perfect game manager. He's what the Ravens wish Trent Dilfer could have been.

Your telling me Alex Smith is better or just as good as Keapernick and poses as big of threat when game planning against the Niners?

Pretty sure Harbaugh would have been satisfied with Alex Smith in that case instead of putting his neck on the line and using Kaepernick.

I live in the bay area brother. Harbaugh was heavily scrutinized but this is what the team needed to go to the next level. Kaep is way more of a threat than Alex ever was.

Your telling me Alex Smith is better or just as good as Keapernick and poses as big of threat when game planning against the Niners?

Pretty sure Harbaugh would have been satisfied with Alex Smith in that case instead of putting his neck on the line and using Kaepernick.

I live in the bay area brother. Harbaugh was heavily scrutinized but this is what the team needed to go to the next level. Kaep is way more of a threat than Alex ever was.

That is a debate 49ers fans have been having for a long time.

The bottom line is, regardless of whom the better quarterback is right now, Kaepernick is possibly the most athletically talented quarterback in the NFL, and Harbaugh decided to put in the guy who, at worst, is almost as good as Smith and has the potential to be much better versus keeping Smith in, who was having what would probably be his career best season, but probably would not improve much in the coming years.