Jamie Dukes Defending The Falcons Against 'lack Of Killer Instinct'

fuego

They asked Jamie we if lacked killer instinct and he gave the perfect answer in defending us:

"I think part of it has to do we're living in a little vacuum. We forget the Falcons just recently shut out, shut out, shut out, that's not stuttering or a speech impediment, the NY Giants. They put the Giants down.

"Let me also go back to three weeks ago where the NE Patriots took on the SF 49ers. The SF39ers ran up and down the field against the NE Patriots. What happened in that game? They tied the game up later on in the game. My point is, Eric knows this, as a defensive player you are in attack mode. The Falcons are an aggressive defense. But when you change the mode to 'you've got to keep guys in front of you', that changes the whole dynamic and teams don't practice that.

"So I think we're living somewhat in a vacuum not recognizing that happens to both teams. The SF 49ers just experienced that very same thing 3 weeks ago against the NE Patriots."