Roddy White Third Down Semi Drop

jdawg4876

I've heard both. Sometimes you miss them. He had a 68% completion percentage.

He's one of the most clutch 3rd down, 4th Quarter QBs in the leagues. I love how the media and certain posters here (Not the OP) love to go "SEE HE SUCKS HE MISSED ONE THROW" "OMG HE HAD AN INT".

Whether it was a drop or a bad pass, we came back and won the game with less than 30 seconds on the clock after the kickoff.

We need to figure out what happened to the defense in the second half more than we need to be concerned about 2 3 and outs in the 4th Quarter against the leagues best defense.

That was not a good throw. He might have caught it, but no guarantees on that one.

Put it this way, if it was LAST year when Roddy lacked focus and constantly dropped balls, I might put more blame on him. But he has been STELLAR this year. As have ALL our receivers. Keep it up for 2 more games and we can bring home the shiny silver football.

In what world it that a dropped pass? Sure he could have caught it, but it was a poor pass. It was short of the 1st down anyway. If the pass was higher, and more outside then White would have caught it and possibly got the 1st. Just idiots trying to find something to criticize, ultimately it did not matter.

Really, people want to talk about one play and that is the one?

I mean, if they wanted to talk about a bad play, I would think the Thomas interception would be the play. That was by far his worst decision of the game.

I hear you. But even after that, doesn't excuse the Defense giving up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter. If it's not a pick 6, it's pretty much a punt. The D let them turn that INT into a score.

Matt wasn't perfect, but no one has been against that Defense all year. The fact that our Defense couldn't figure out that the Seahawks were forced to pass the ball in the second half still blows my mind.

I really hope Smitty and Nolan finally figured out that no lead is safe in the NFL.

Yea, not really sure why they're focusing on that play. Unless it's the First Take clowns trying to blame Roddy.

Didn't look like a great pass to me but whatever...who cares at this point. I'm more concerned with what our D did in the 2nd half. Was it the loss of Abe or was it the "mush rush" that we were bringing that allowed them to get back in it?

That was actually a good throw imo. Hard to catch so I can't blame Roddy for missing it, but I was glad Ryan put it where he did. There was no way that ball could get picked off. He put it only where Roddy could reach it. After the throw against GB in 2010, I think Ryan knew not to risk it. Show how far he's come.

Don't know why he threw that one up that Thomas picked off though...

I hear you. But even after that, doesn't excuse the Defense giving up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter. If it's not a pick 6, it's pretty much a punt. The D let them turn that INT into a score.

Matt wasn't perfect, but no one has been against that Defense all year. The fact that our Defense couldn't figure out that the Seahawks were forced to pass the ball in the second half still blows my mind.

I really hope Smitty and Nolan finally figured out that no lead is safe in the NFL.

I wasn't being critical of the offense. The offense was magnificent.

I'm just surprised that if a person wanted to look at one play and say something negative about the Falcons offense, that they would pick any other play than the INT.

Who cares about that play? It's irrelevant.

I'm not exactly sure I even remember the play in question. I remember the HD drop and I remember the the beautifully set up fake screen that was knocked away a split second before Roddy would have brought it in for a Touchdown on the first drive. I don't remember this third down drop though.

I still think that DK trimmed his playbook little too soon.

The Falcons were playing the number one scoring defense in the league and scored 6 times in 10 possessions.

It's just really hard to expect better than that, although they should have had a TD pass on that first drive.

That was one of the few plays I had a problem with, because I did know what they want to do.

As I saw the formation, I was sure Roddy with a short route in the flat. The CB did know that too and he was jumping the route a littlebit. So Matty had to throw the ball very outside, because a interception would be a catastrophe.So he was outside.

Roddy can make this catch. We have seen it from him.

But that is not a drop. Hilarious!!!!!

If they really want to bust on someone ...

Why not the punter? Field position.

Why not the tackling? Pathetic tackling in that second half.

Why not the officials? Holding all over the place. NO quarterback can stand back in the pocket for 4-6 seconds if there is not some holding going on. Give me a break - he wasn't even scrambling.

Why not the officials? The DBs were holding, pushing and shoving.

Why not Mike Smith? Love him dearly, but the time out - not trying one more play - not going for 2 when you got to 26. There were some decisions that could be discussed.

Our receivers did a **** of a job against the best secondary in the league.

Didn't watch any of that garbage last week, will continue that trend this week.

This. Watched Monday and Tuesday of last week and had enough. INCLUDING ATLANTA SPORTS RADIO, where all the hosts are outsiders that really don't respect the Falcons one bit. Not bothering at all this week. Predictions are for psychics. Sunday at 3, we'll find out who the best team is.

So I have three nice plays from Roddy against these 49ers.

Roddy, show us, why you are the best receiver in the NFL.

Andre Johnson? Did somebody seen him in the postseason? C. Johnson a freak, but winning is also a key for being the best receiver.

Larry Fitzgerald. I know the QB situation in Arizona. But everybody knows, what Roddy did with QBs like Leftwich, Harrington and Redman.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81358b6f/Roddy-White-Highlight-WK-05-vs-49ers-2009

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b0632a/White-catches-Clements-pokes-out-ball

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d813527b1/Bly-interception-and-fumble