Brees Is Rooting For The Falcons!

FutureIsNow

http://www.nola.com/...ds_why_new.html

This is how I felt when the Saints went to the Superbowl. I backed them as an NFC South team feeling a win for the division was a positive for us all. i was torn for sure, but we were no longer in play so I figured why not.

I am sure most Falcons fans felt the same as most of the Saints fans do now but am curious how many believe that your allegiances should carry upward to your division?

I actually used to like the Saints and cheered for them in the Super Bowl, in retrospect I don't know what I was thinking because they won't shut up about it now.

That's me. I pulled for them because they are an NFC South team and what helps the division helps us, and because I used to live near New Orleans and could identify with their long-suffering fanbase.

If I'd known then that the bulk of them would turn into loudmouth d-bags with an undeserved sense of superiority, I'd have pulled for Indy.

I didn't see where he specifically said he was rooting for the Falcons. He said it would be a good game and that he wanted respect for the NFC South but that is not really the same thing.

A division rival winning the SB is never a good thing. It makes them a more desirable landing spot for free agents. It gives them more swagger. It tightens up their program because the players buy into it completely.

So no, I would never dream of rooting for a division rival to win a SB.

This thread is completely full of idiocy. What the **** are you guys on? A division rival winning the Super Bowl is ******* terrible. It's literally the absolute worst thing that can happen in any given season.

You think this is going to help our BCS ranking or help us get better recruits. Screw all of you, go back to Saturdays.

I can just about agree with this Brees quote..

I think you want your division to do well when they face other teams, in this phase moreso than in the regular season. There's a level of respect that goes with certain divisions. Everybody talks about the NFC East and the AFC East, right? We want to be able to talk about the NFC South like that.

But other than that I can't see pulling for any of the other 3 NFC South teams after we're eliminated. But problem is, the media is always going to talk about the NFC/AFC East because of their Northeast bias. No other division will ever get that kind of respect, win or lose. Right after the NFC South was formed, a team from the division went to 5 straight NFCCGs. What were we called during that time? The weakest division in football. There will be no national respect if we win this game and the super bowl following it, at least not in the way you would expect.

Also, I don't think Brees is rooting for the Falcons in this game. Looks like he's a PC Pansy and is doing his best not to support either team fully.

I didn't pull for Tampa, Carolina, dam sure didn't root for the Saints. I didn't root for the Rams during their runs either. I must say, I did root for the 49ers at times. I was a kid, my mom liked Montana, and always rooted for the NFC team regardless. She still does that, I don't get it.

Saints winning the Super Bowl was a horrible day.

Guest Negatorris

http://www.nola.com/...ds_why_new.html

This is how I felt when the Saints went to the Superbowl. I backed them as an NFC South team feeling a win for the division was a positive for us all. i was torn for sure, but we were no longer in play so I figured why not.

I am sure most Falcons fans felt the same as most of the Saints fans do now but am curious how many believe that your allegiances should carry upward to your division?

That's disgusting. I would never root for any division rival to make the Superbowl just to represent the division. This isn't college.

Brees can shove whatever he has to say or feel or think about the Falcons up his...ykw.

I want him and the Saints to finish in the bottom of every statistical category that exists and if they somehow make it to the super bowl, I sure as **** will not root for them. I'd hope that they lose 105-0.

If you truly love the Falcons, then you just have to hate the Saints.