Anyone Worried About Tony G ?

falcndave

His emotional release was so complete at the end of that game that I wonder if he will be able to flip the switch again next Sunday. One of two things will happen. 1) The weight of the world is off his shoulders and he can place fast and loose. 2) He accomplished his goal and is ready to go to Disney World.

He had the look of a man who had accomplished his goals. I love it for him. If anyone has earned that in their chosen profession, he has. However, I'm a little scared for me as a Falcon's fan. He seemed awfully fulfilled after that win. I hope he his hungry for more, but I really do wonder if he is. He was the one guy who spoke zero about "more to do" after the game.

Anyone else at least mildly concerned? I'm not hating on Tony. He is in my top 4 of all time favorite Falcons. I guess I just need a championship so bad I'm keyed up about everything at this point.

By the time he was doing his "First Take" interview, the switch was already flipped. And he DID talk about "more to do." http://www.atlantafa...76-f48b5da401d5

This is quite literally the last thing you need to worry about.

Tony was ecstatic after the win because he had been convinced that he'd seen it all slip away yet again (and was going to end his career on heartbreak), only to get it all back in thirty seconds.

But once that settled, he was back to what he's said all year.

He wants a ring.

His emotional release was so complete at the end of that game that I wonder if he will be able to flip the switch again next Sunday. One of two things will happen. 1) The weight of the world is off his shoulders and he can place fast and loose. 2) He accomplished his goal and is ready to go to Disney World.

He had the look of a man who had accomplished his goals. I love it for him. If anyone has earned that in their chosen profession, he has. However, I'm a little scared for me as a Falcon's fan. He seemed awfully fulfilled after that win. I hope he his hungry for more, but I really do wonder if he is. He was the one guy who spoke zero about "more to do" after the game.

Anyone else at least mildly concerned? I'm not hating on Tony. He is in my top 4 of all time favorite Falcons. I guess I just need a championship so bad I'm keyed up about everything at this point.

Remember the 4 people Koetter said were good enough to flip the switch and be ready to play last week while the rest needed to practice their azzes off. I guarantee Gonzo was 1 of the 4

I'm glad all of you are so confident. I live in Upstate NY and I was at the game. Just got back home about 10 minutes ago so I've been unplugged since I went to bed at the hotel last night. Those Tony G euphoric interviews were the last input I had. They left an impression.

I cried...for real. I was happy for the man. But, I still worried.

I've been a Falcons fan too long. I am 100% capable of being confident in my head, and worried emotionally. We've lost in every way you can imagine, and in a few no one would even imagine (Eugene!).

It's an emotional game and tony invested himself in it for 16 years before reaching that elusive goal. He came to Atlanta to realize this dream and now our team was able to help him achieve that dream... That emotion comes from deep down and only comes out when the game is complete...

Tony is the consumate professional, when he puts on his war paint next week it will be all business I can confidently promise you that...

Just curious, did you feel the same about Ray Lewis right after the Denver game?

Those guys both saw their career end & then suddenly with about 30 seconds left in the game had their career extended 1 more game.

JMO, it's a huge weight off of TG's and the entire team's shoulders. We played tight in that 2nd half against Seattle, trying not to blow the lead. Against SF I think we'll see a whole 60 minutes like the first 30 we saw against Seattle. Everybody will be looser and we'll play that much better because of it.

Tony has been at this for 16 years man! if anything, it's like a serial killer getting his first kill. he's got a taste and now he's developed the taste for blood (and it was good lol). Tony G may single-handedly win the game next week. there's NO WAY that guy gets complacent.

Somebody better check this guy. :)

Gonzo is a total pro, and if anybody is able to flip the switch, it's him. Even after finally getting a plyoff win after all of these years.

Also, the next game is already in the minds of the coaches and the players in the locker room, so I'm sure he'll go with the flow and put the win behind him and focus on next week. If he can, then there's a chance for another win and a super bowl appearance, and that is a nice incentive to keep going.

I am more worried about Matt Ryan than Tony G. This D line is going to be nuts! They want this win just as bad as we do and, they feel ripped off from last season's Championship game where they lost the game by a ST play. All I am saying, is that we should be more worried about our offensive line and Matt than Tony!!!!