Jadeveon Clowney

bigjmw84

TD will really have to consider pulling a Julio type deal to grab a guy like this. He is an absoulte animal and would be worth it. In the meantime, we sign a guy like Freeny to a 1 or 2 year deal thats easy to get out of and pick up Glenn Dorsey, who can play the 3 or 5 technique. Draft OG/NT/RB/TE

1st:DJ Fluker

2nd:Eddy Lacy

3rd:Kwame Geathers

4th:Ryan Otten

4th:Cameron Lawrence

5th:AJ Klein

6th:Zac Stacy

7th:BPA

We will have most of our holes fixed. Clowney has the looks of a franchinse player who turn our defense from good to great under the right conditions

DE:Clowney/Abe/Mass

DT:Dorsey/Walker

DT:Babs/Peters/Geathers

DE:Freeny/Biermann

Trade this year second for someone 1st next year and then we will have enough fire power to pull it off. Im a USC(University of South Carolina) fan so I maybe bias but this guy is the best pure rusher since LT. If you watch this guy acceleration at the snap of the ball its nothing short of amazing. And if your are a fan of USC you will notice he always come up big in big moments. Strip sack vs Arkansas at the end of the game. The kill shot vs Michagan after that bs 4th down call. No way an he11 that was a first down. And he dont stat pad all of his sacks come from quality competition not D1AA or D2 schools.

It might be worth it if he fell, but, right now, he's probably going to be the next Mario Williams and go 1 overall. He'd probably have to fall to at least #5 for this to even be possible.

He would go #1 this year and he would have to get hurt to fall.

But I would love him...

But we won't do it, we need more depth.

Trade this year second for someone 1st next year and then we will have enough fire power to pull it off. Im a USC(University of South Carolina) fan so I maybe bias but this guy is the best pure rusher since LT. If you watch this guy acceleration at the snap of the ball its nothing short of amazing. And if your are a fan of USC you will notice he always come up big in big moments. Strip sack vs Arkansas at the end of the game. The kill shot vs Michagan after that bs 4th down call. No way an he11 that was a first down. And he dont stat pad all of his sacks come from quality competition not D1AA or D2 schools.

he looks amazing, but he isnt that great. wouldnt go that far out of my way to get him. cant be too much better than JJ Watt.

and that killshot vs. Michigan was really his only play that whole game. He drew a holding call and had that hit, but Lewan shut him down otherwise. and Lewan wasnt even assigned to blcok him on that play either

he looks amazing, but he isnt that great. wouldnt go that far out of my way to get him. cant be too much better than JJ Watt.

and that killshot vs. Michigan was really his only play that whole game. He drew a holding call and had that hit, but Lewan shut him down otherwise. and Lewan wasnt even assigned to blcok him on that play either

Most of you miss the point that he was being double teamed and was the QB spy, he was not sent out there just to rush he was the spy and he was playing contain the majority of the time. Watch Peppers vs Vick days and you will understand. It got Kevin Schafferr paid alot of money from the Browns. The spy jobs is to stay disengage and chase the Qb down if he rush and stay in your lane. Alot of people where given Kevin the credit when it should have been Vick.

Most of you miss the point that he was being double teamed and was the QB spy, he was not sent out there just to rush he was the spy and he was playing contain the majority of the time. Watch Peppers vs Vick days and you will understand. It got Kevin Schafferr paid alot of money from the Browns. The spy jobs is to stay disengage and chase the Qb down if he rush and stay in your lane. Alot of people where given Kevin the credit when it should have been Vick.

let me make this clear, I think he is the most impressive DE prospect Ive ever seen. Coming out of HS, his film literally was the best Ive ever seen at any position. But when we one on one rushed vs Lewan, Lewan stopped him. They really didnt (couldnt) go out of their way to double either because the USC line was too talented besides Clowney

It just costs waaayyyyyy too much to do. It took the Redskins like 3 1st round picks to move up 5 spots in the draft. Completely not worth it for us

I want this guy bad, but I have to agree with you it will cost every pick for the next 2 to 3 drafts. Coming from the 32nd pick this and next year...See what I did there.

I'm just impressed with our team's winning that now when we look at the draft, we are always having to look at "mortgaging the farm" to move up. What made the Julio trade so sweet was that we were with all the "wall flower" teams getting to the podium early due to the fact we traded to get there & just not sucked in the win/loss column.

It wouldn't be worth it. Too much talent, plus Margus Hunt may actually be better.

WHOA. Sorry I can't believe everyone else let this fly. I'm probably the biggest proponent of Hunt on this board as a guy we should bring in for the LDE spot. But there is no way in **** that Hunt is better than Clowney. I mean....not even close. Hunt is a developmental prospect with immense upside for the LDE spot. Clowney is a 10 sack rookie year guy with 20 sack upside annually. He was one of the top high school recruits.

Clowney is absolutely worth every penny if we trade ALL of our picks next year for him (assuming we nail down some needs this offseason). We don't have many starting needs, and draft picks will have a very hard time making an impact going forward, so to get Clowney who's a definite starter and star at our biggest position of need is definitely worth it. To have Hunt and Clowney for the long-term would be great.

It might be worth it if he fell, but, right now, he's probably going to be the next Mario Williams and go 1 overall. He'd probably have to fall to at least #5 for this to even be possible.

He's not going to go #1 and I'll address it below.

He would go #1 this year and he would have to get hurt to fall.

But I would love him...

But we won't do it, we need more depth.

Yes, he would go #1 this year certainly. But ask yourself why ---- there is no QB worth taking at #1 overall or even in the top 3 like Matt Ryan as a prospect. So the best player should bet taken first in that kind of draft, and Clowney would get taken. The Chiefs, with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston entrenched at OLBs in their 3-4 scheme -- may even take Geno Smith #1 anyway, or trade down and bring in an RG3 ransom for someone looking to get Clowney.

Next year however there should be at least TWO franchise signal callers available, and possibly THREE who should in some order go 1-2 and then a Top 10 selection. Johnny Manziel will be eligible since he was a redshirt freshman (the media wanted to ignore this to really play up that he was a freshman), Teddy Bridgewater will be eligible, and Logan Thomas will be a senior. Bridgewater seems like the surest bet to be the #1 overall pick if he plays next year like he did this year, and if Manziel has another studly season there will be no point in staying in school because his stock can only go down (see: Brian Brohm, Matt Barkley, etc.). Logan Thomas was a "dark horse" for the #1 overall pick this year but had a terrible season. If he lights it up next year people will be quick to forget his bad junior year and be calling him the next Cam Newton.

And assuming the team with the #1 overall pick badly needs a QB: if the Chiefs pass on one this year, if the Eagles are terrible with Foles, if the Raiders end up in the top few picks, Jets as well, Jaguars, etc. -- then you're going to see a draft like this last year's with QBs going #1 and #2 because great prospects are available, potentially franchise-changing ones. Depending upon how Logan Thomas does QBs could go 1-2-3 for the first time ever. That would leave Clowney at #4, which leaves the door open for a Falcons mega trade up.

It would be easier if we traded back this year into the mid 2nd and picked up someone's future 1st (Bills trading back up into 1st to land QB Nassib?), where we could get a middle of the road 1st to package with our 1st and a future 1st of ours. Yes, it'll be a lot of picks, but we don't have a lot of starting needs and Clowney could make our defense a true force.

WHOA. Sorry I can't believe everyone else let this fly. I'm probably the biggest proponent of Hunt on this board as a guy we should bring in for the LDE spot. But there is no way in **** that Hunt is better than Clowney. I mean....not even close. Hunt is a developmental prospect with immense upside for the LDE spot. Clowney is a 10 sack rookie year guy with 20 sack upside annually. He was one of the top high school recruits.

Clowney is absolutely worth every penny if we trade ALL of our picks next year for him (assuming we nail down some needs this offseason). We don't have many starting needs, and draft picks will have a very hard time making an impact going forward, so to get Clowney who's a definite starter and star at our biggest position of need is definitely worth it. To have Hunt and Clowney for the long-term would be great.

He's not going to go #1 and I'll address it below.

Yes, he would go #1 this year certainly. But ask yourself why ---- there is no QB worth taking at #1 overall or even in the top 3 like Matt Ryan as a prospect. So the best player should bet taken first in that kind of draft, and Clowney would get taken. The Chiefs, with Tamba Hali and Justin Houston entrenched at OLBs in their 3-4 scheme -- may even take Geno Smith #1 anyway, or trade down and bring in an RG3 ransom for someone looking to get Clowney.

Next year however there should be at least TWO franchise signal callers available, and possibly THREE who should in some order go 1-2 and then a Top 10 selection. Johnny Manziel will be eligible since he was a redshirt freshman (the media wanted to ignore this to really play up that he was a freshman), Teddy Bridgewater will be eligible, and Logan Thomas will be a senior. Bridgewater seems like the surest bet to be the #1 overall pick if he plays next year like he did this year, and if Manziel has another studly season there will be no point in staying in school because his stock can only go down (see: Brian Brohm, Matt Barkley, etc.). Logan Thomas was a "dark horse" for the #1 overall pick this year but had a terrible season. If he lights it up next year people will be quick to forget his bad junior year and be calling him the next Cam Newton.

And assuming the team with the #1 overall pick badly needs a QB: if the Chiefs pass on one this year, if the Eagles are terrible with Foles, if the Raiders end up in the top few picks, Jets as well, Jaguars, etc. -- then you're going to see a draft like this last year's with QBs going #1 and #2 because great prospects are available, potentially franchise-changing ones. Depending upon how Logan Thomas does QBs could go 1-2-3 for the first time ever. That would leave Clowney at #4, which leaves the door open for a Falcons mega trade up.

It would be easier if we traded back this year into the mid 2nd and picked up someone's future 1st (Bills trading back up into 1st to land QB Nassib?), where we could get a middle of the road 1st to package with our 1st and a future 1st of ours. Yes, it'll be a lot of picks, but we don't have a lot of starting needs and Clowney could make our defense a true force.

your a nut