Rise Up Or Sit Down At The Dome..the Irony Of Sunday

Posting this because of the irony that occurred on Sunday. First off, I'm a 10 year season ticket holder In Sec. 124. I don't normally drink at the games so this is a sober man talking..this time. Like most of you, all I heard all week was Seattle fans boasting about all week about the "12th man", how lame of a sports town Atlanta is because of the excess tickets on the secondary market, blah blah blah. So I was pumped about being in the Dome for NFL Divisional Playoff game after the incredible season we have had! Walk in the Dome and was promptly handed a "Rise Up" flag at the gate. These are not huge flags people, but I thought it was nice to have something other than my voice to make Seattle uncomfortable. This is OUR HOUSE and us fans and we are the 12th Man here. Sec.124 is in the endzone so even though I stood most of the first half, I would only wave the flag when The Seahawks were coming my way. Anyway, about the 3rd quarter, 2 Falcons fans behind me told me my flag waving was bothering them. I literally laughed and said "Look around you there's literally thousands of flags being wave that say RISE UP!! The Jumbotron with messages from players saying Get Up and Rise Up, not Sit Down." I told them that they can stand like everyone else that it is a PLAYOFF game and I will be here again next week doing the same thing. Unbelievable. These same 2 are also season ticket holders and constantly gripe and call out the coaches and players after every negative play. Anyone else have any experiences like that this weekend? I love Sec. 124! 90% of the people there are hardcore Falcons. But I will say right now to everyone, this is the first HOME NFC Championship that we have ever had in Atlanta. I will be representing THE WHOLE GAME. If they want me to wave Garrison Hearst's broken leg (1998) to help the team then I will. Don't hate, Rise Up and celebrate!! Let's bring it ONE MORE TIME on Sunday, Atlanta!!!!

Thats what Im talking about! Tell them to RTFU or GTFO so a real fan can have their seats. I hate that stuff, Ive been asked to sit down before and I cannot stand it. Im quiet, focused, and sitting while on offense. While on defense though I am a lunatic jumping and screaming. Its part of the whole experience. I would never be rude , but I aint sitting down.

I hear ya. Luckily for me I've never had anyone complain about standing or flag waving. I have started sitting a little more since I do have a seat but it doesn't stop me from clapping and cheering. I don't have to stand and scream every play I can sit and scream too. Like you I am hoarse today and throat is on fire. But some folks lack enthusiasm and makes you wonder while they even go to games.

Edited by ~SEAMILL~
Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

no one in my section griped. I had people giving me high fives because of me chanting. I started Deffense and on the claps I screamed Rise up (to the best). and before I knew a uproar took place in my section of rise up.

so many people around me were hugging me, slapping hands. one guy from all the way at the top ran down just to give me a high five and said thank you. everyone one I told back, "no thank you".

321 rise up.

(now in the past we had some jerks but they got the "**** no and you touch me again and that cop down there will take you out look". and yes the cop at my section will remove you at a snap of the fingers for being rude to other fans. I seen him do it before to a guy who told a guy to sit down and started yelling at the guy....and before I knew the cop ran up there chewed him out and told him to get out here before he dragged him out.) so yeah my section is awesome

Section 114. My wife, children and myself stood 80% of the game. I didn't come all the way from Ohio to sit on my a$$ during a playoff game. I wanted to do my part to help my team. Someone behind us griped the whole game. I just looked and laughed. This is football not the ballet. RISE UP ATLANTA!!

I have had similar run-ins occasionally with "Falcon" fans before which is why I never argue when people claim we have a horrible fanbase. Unfortunately, I agree with that assessment. When I look around during a game it is now uncommon to see quite a few people how appear to have little or no interest in what is going on. They will be txting on their cell phones, or engaged in chit chat with their friends, but appear to have no interest in the game whatsoever.

It's just the nature of Falcon Football unfortunately.

I have some doucher in my section who is always being a prick like that. He told me to quit with flags as well... I just waved them even more after that. I was really trying to be polite at first, and wave them only in front of myself and over the ledge since my seats are first row... Everybody hates this guy anyways, I won't even call him a Falcons 'fan'...just some old jackhole who wears Falcons clothing. I really hope that he and his 'girlfriend' or whatever she is, DO NOT RENEW NEXT SEASON! I want their seats anyways since they are on the aisle... I am bringing twice the amount of flags with me on Sunday (you collect a lot of these over the years at games). Old man jackhole can deal with it. He always packs up his creature and leaves by the third quarter anyways.

I saw a family of five with Harrington,Perrless Price,Joe Horn,Crumpler and Anderson jerseys. I can understand the last 2 but seriously Harrington and Price? Lots of closet fans came out last sunday.

They cleaned out the clearance section didn't they! I would just wear a plain red t-shirt rather than some of those jerseys... Just kidding, at least they are Falcons fans.