Highlights From Niners Losses

vel

Here are the links for the NFL highlights of the Niners losses. Not everyone is with Kaepernick starting, but it at least shows some things that the Niners struggled with.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/st-louis-rams/0ap2000000104389/49ers-vs-Rams-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000116126/GameDay-49ers-vs-Seahawks-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap2000000093732/GameDay-Rams-vs-49ers-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap1000000080244/Giants-vs-49ers-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap1000000065118/49ers-vs-Vikings-highlights

A few things I noticed:

They struggled with bunch formations and the Rams blitzed Kaepernick like crazy when the opportunities presented themselves, trusting their corners to stop their weak WRs. Of course shade a safety to Crabtree, but Moss and Ginn aren't beating us and with a heavy blitz coming, Kaepernick would be smart to add protection from his backs and TEs.

Nolan can't be scared of Kaep running. That's how the Rams beat them both times.

If Matt Ryan gets time in the pocket, I think our WR's can pose a big trouble for them..

If Matt Ryan gets time in the pocket, I think our WR's can pose a big trouble for them..

That goes with every team good defense or not. Both our Rams losses were supposed to be wins, but David Akers.... Yes we struggled against the Rams, but It's a divisional game, didn't you guys almost lose to Cam Newton at home if it wasn't for his fumble? You guys could of gotten swept by them just like the Rams could of swept us. And the Panthers are worse than the Rams.

That goes with every team good defense or not. Both our Rams losses were supposed to be wins, but David Akers.... Yes we struggled against the Rams, but It's a divisional game, didn't you guys almost lose to Cam Newton at home if it wasn't for his fumble? You guys could of gotten swept by them just like the Rams could of swept us. And the Panthers are worse than the Rams.

this is a request that goes both ways...we are in the NCFCG can we PLEASE stop comparing the "almost losses" in the regular season to sundays game? Understandablely the LOSSES will be used as a way to look at weaknesses but going "you almost lost to the panthers twice and they suck!!" or "you almost lost and we beat them which means we are better" is beyond ridiculous (unless smack talking in the smack talk forum)

You guys lost to the Vikings and got smacked by the Giants as well, a common opponent we held scoreless. Like BigRed said, comparing our losses to your losses is stupid. This thread was showing who you guys lost to and some highlights of what they did to get what we want, a W.

Here are the links for the NFL highlights of the Niners losses. Not everyone is with Kaepernick starting, but it at least shows some things that the Niners struggled with.

http://www.nfl.com/v...Rams-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/v...awks-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/v...9ers-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/v...9ers-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/v...ings-highlights

A few things I noticed:

They struggled with bunch formations and the Rams blitzed Kaepernick like crazy when the opportunities presented themselves, trusting their corners to stop their weak WRs. Of course shade a safety to Crabtree, but Moss and Ginn aren't beating us and with a heavy blitz coming, Kaepernick would be smart to add protection from his backs and TEs.

Nolan can't be scared of Kaep running. That's how the Rams beat them both times.

You lost me at Rams. . . . . .

we dont have the advantage of playing them twice a season as division rivals

My take on our losses:

1. @Minnesota: We kept Peterson relatively in check, but Ponder's mobility really hurt us. He kept a lot of plays alive, and found Kyle Rudolph to sustain long drives. They had multiple long drives that ate up clock. Defensively, they tightened in the red zone and held us to field goals.

2. New York: They flat-out whooped us. Eli was on fire, Bradshaw ran like a man possessed, and Alex Smith had a meltdown; he threw 3 bad INTs.

3. @St Louis: Our defense completely shut them down, but Kaepernick made two costly mistakes. He took a safety (even though the refs blew the call; he successfully threw the ball out of bounds past the line of scrimmage but it wasn't reviewable), and he had the horrible pitch that was returned for a TD. Offensively, we moved the ball, but we had drives stall due to penalties or mistakes. Delanie Walker dropped what would've been the game-winning TD, and then Akers missed the game-winning FG in overtime. The Rams have a salty defense that played the entire division tough (they finished 4-1-1 in the division and almost beat a red-hot Seattle in Seattle).

4. @Seattle: Total butt-kicking. It was like an ambush. It was a primetime night game and they were jacked up beyond belief. We blew a few red zone opportunities early, and had a chip-shot FG blocked and run back for a TD. It was pretty much over after that. We couldn't really stop anything, and the few times we got to Wilson, he slipped away. And not to make excuses, but I think we were physically and emotionally spent after the Patriots game the week before; our defense was on the field for like 94 plays.

My take on our losses:

1. @Minnesota: We kept Peterson relatively in check, but Ponder's mobility really hurt us. He kept a lot of plays alive, and found Kyle Rudolph to sustain long drives. They had multiple long drives that ate up clock. Defensively, they tightened in the red zone and held us to field goals.

2. New York: They flat-out whooped us. Eli was on fire, Bradshaw ran like a man possessed, and Alex Smith had a meltdown; he threw 3 bad INTs.

3. @St Louis: Our defense completely shut them down, but Kaepernick made two costly mistakes. He took a safety (even though the refs blew the call; he successfully threw the ball out of bounds past the line of scrimmage but it wasn't reviewable), and he had the horrible pitch that was returned for a TD. Offensively, we moved the ball, but we had drives stall due to penalties or mistakes. Delanie Walker dropped what would've been the game-winning TD, and then Akers missed the game-winning FG in overtime. The Rams have a salty defense that played the entire division tough (they finished 4-1-1 in the division and almost beat a red-hot Seattle in Seattle).

4. @Seattle: Total butt-kicking. It was like an ambush. It was a primetime night game and they were jacked up beyond belief. We blew a few red zone opportunities early, and had a chip-shot FG blocked and run back for a TD. It was pretty much over after that. We couldn't really stop anything, and the few times we got to Wilson, he slipped away. And not to make excuses, but I think we were physically and emotionally spent after the Patriots game the week before; our defense was on the field for like 94 plays.

Thank you for this. As we have no clue what really happened in these games other than often times skewed media highlights. Yes, the Rams and Seahawks beat you all, and I discount divisional road games as severe disadvantages, the other two weren't, so they had to have done something right to beat you guys.

I know that Rams defense is tough, but they are similar to us in ways. They aren't real big or imposing like Seattle, but they have two good pass rushers in Quinn and Long, where we only have one in Abe. But what they made money on was overload blitzing when you guys gave them favorable looks (2 WR looks for example) and held their own because they have two really good corners. I see us trying the same thing on Sunday, as Kaep can be overwhelmed and confused and you guys don't have the best WRs to attack with.

Thanks for a fair and logical description of your losses without the unnecessary "We'll beat you guys because yall suck and aren't the Niners drivel". Just trying to figure out what we will be in store for on Sunday without having to rely on the dlcksucking of the media.

Thank you for this. As we have no clue what really happened in these games other than often times skewed media highlights. Yes, the Rams and Seahawks beat you all, and I discount divisional road games as severe disadvantages, the other two weren't, so they had to have done something right to beat you guys.

I know that Rams defense is tough, but they are similar to us in ways. They aren't real big or imposing like Seattle, but they have two good pass rushers in Quinn and Long, where we only have one in Abe. But what they made money on was overload blitzing when you guys gave them favorable looks (2 WR looks for example) and held their own because they have two really good corners. I see us trying the same thing on Sunday, as Kaep can be overwhelmed and confused and you guys don't have the best WRs to attack with.

Thanks for a fair and logical description of your losses without the unnecessary "We'll beat you guys because yall suck and aren't the Niners drivel". Just trying to figure out what we will be in store for on Sunday without having to rely on the dlcksucking of the media.

The Rams did two key things: (1) They shut down Frank Gore. He had 23 carries for 58 yards. Kaepernick ran for 84 yards on 9 carries, but 50 of that was on one big run. (2) They played very soft coverage and dared us to sustain long drives. The CBs and safeties played off, but they were able to control the running game with the front 7. We moved the ball, but couldn't finish drives for one reason or another.

The Rams did two key things: (1) They shut down Frank Gore. He had 23 carries for 58 yards. Kaepernick ran for 84 yards on 9 carries, but 50 of that was on one big run. (2) They played very soft coverage and dared us to sustain long drives. The CBs and safeties played off, but they were able to control the running game with the front 7. We moved the ball, but couldn't finish drives for one reason or another.

That's what we did to Wilson, make him drive and play like a veteran. Wilson struggled until the fourth quarter to do that. Kaep will be the same way at some point on Sunday. It's inevitable. We just have to capitalize on it. It's going to be a good right with our DLine and LBs stopping Gore. We did a great job on Lynch. But when we rushed Wilson, we'd hold him, get a coverage sack but then let him get loose by breaking our lane integrity. Can't have that happen or it will be worse.

Kaep is less of a QB than Russell Wilson.. just my observations. Kaep has more ability in the running game, however Russell Wilson is a much better passer and is just flat smarter.

I think we get some mistakes from Kaep, unlike Wilson who made none.

I can't speak to their intelligence, but Kapernick supposedly scored higher on the Wonderlic test. As for passing, here are Kaepernick's numbers since he became the starter (8 games):

61.4% comp

234 ypg

12 TDs

4 INTs

8.4 yards/attempt

94.6 passer rating

I don't know how to calculate ESPN's arcane QBR thingy, but I think he's tops in the league in that over that span.

Kaep still needs refinement as a passer, but he's already pretty good.

I can't speak to their intelligence, but Kapernick supposedly scored higher on the Wonderlic test. As for passing, here are Kaepernick's numbers since he became the starter (8 games):

61.4% comp

234 ypg

12 TDs

4 INTs

8.4 yards/attempt

94.6 passer rating

I don't know how to calculate ESPN's arcane QBR thingy, but I think he's tops in the league in that over that span.

Kaep still needs refinement as a passer, but he's already pretty good.

He's very good. Don't let this board fool you...most intelligent Falcon fans know he could shred us with time.

That said, he's very weak against the blitz...and Nolan loves to blitz.