Nose Tackle

Falconsfan567

I think we desperately need a true nose tackle type defensive tackle. All of our defensive tackles are smaller pass rushing defensive linemen who don't take enough blockers to free up the DE's and LB's.

Kroy Biermann fits to Nolan's 3-4 defense as a DE/OLB hybrid player. If we get a true nose tackle I can see the Falcons switching to a base 3-4 defense next season under Nolan. Babineaux, Peters and Walker are all guys that can play DE in a 3-4 scheme.

Am I the only one that thinks a switch to a 3-4 base defense next season is a realistic possibility? We could still run the 4-3 scheme at times. But I think getting a true nose tackle would elevate the Falcons defense to one of the best in the NFL next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever NT we pursue (if any), we really need to focus on somone who has a good use of hands. Often we get locked up in blocks where it seems we did not have any countermoves at all, which at the NFL level is dissapointing.

And I blame that on Ray Hamilton. He needs to get sent packing. Our DL has been ****** for years. We haven't had a great DL since the 2004 team when we had Brady Smith, Patrick Kerney and Rod Coleman on the DL.

Whatever NT we pursue (if any), we really need to focus on somone who has a good use of hands. Often we get locked up in blocks where it seems we did not have any countermoves at all, which at the NFL level is dissapointing.

So true bro just look at some big dt in wilfork and ravens nose tackle to name a few how they use their hands. This is the type guys we need up front.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Beef, with good hands. It's passed due time to draft a player who is ready now. I'm sick of drafting potential, diamonds in the rough, or projects. It's time to draft day one ballers.

I'm upset with Holmes. He better play this year and show us something. W could have got a DE for our third and got Holmes in the 5th

Just saying and whining

I was really disappointed we didn't give Holmes a look early in the season when Clabo was getting killed.

Its just not our coaches style to do that no matter how much we all would of liked to see it. That is one thing I hope they change in philosophy. They need to keep the no sacred cow mentality throughout the whole season. Keep the competition alive non-stop. If somebody loses their spot then fine , if they want it back make them fight for it.

Its just not our coaches style to do that no matter how much we all would of liked to see it. That is one thing I hope they change in philosophy. They need to keep the no sacred cow mentality throughout the whole season. Keep the competition alive non-stop. If somebody loses their spot then fine , if they want it back make them fight for it.

I couldn't agree more!

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

john jenkins stands a very good chance at falling. DTs tend to fall and he's only the 5th or so rated.

Jenkins

and Stepfan Taylor. 2 day 1 starters.

I would crap my wives pants if he was there at 30

• 3 weeks later...

to play 5 technique. Peters, Babs, Robertson. Vance could be used as sub in 3 DT, 1 DE sets.

gotta get a proven NT in FA and draft one.

Dent can maybe be a thumper ILB taking on Guards, allowing Spoon to Flow sideline to sideline. Thumper ILBs like Spikes and Ellerbe got drafted late or not at all b/c of "40" times. Too much emphasis on straight line speed vs instincts at this position has fubared many scouts.

Kroy is adequate backup. Seriously people, thats it. He works hard, good motor, above average. He beat out Ray Edwards and Sidbury.....he is all we had.

So, we need a FA rush OLB, maybe Spencer from Dallas, and draft one.

There are some impressive defensive athletes at DL and LB this year. LBers and running backs have the quickest impact to their teams than any other positions. Caveat is Luck, RGIII. once in a decade, maybe!