Falcons Trade Up In Draft?

Tandy Gossett

After reading this Mock Draft I got to thinking ... Wouldn't it be nice if we could trade up and take a top tier DE?

I don't like trading away draft picks because the more you have the better the chance of picking a diamond. That being said would it be nice to have a Top 10 pick in this years draft? I wonder if Cleveland would like to trade w/ us again. I'd almost take Lacy in the 1st if he's still around, I don't like Linemen out of the MidWest ...

Look where they have us picking too !!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1482995-2013-nfl-mock-draft-latest-projections-after-divisional-playoffs#/articles/1482995-2013-nfl-mock-draft-latest-projections-after-divisional-playoffs

Guest facelessman07

IF we can still fix our O-line issues AND get Gonzo to stay another year, then I'd have no problem with it, barring Nolan's blessing is on this "top-tier" DE. Yesterday was painful to watch without Abe, thankfully we've got him 2 more years!

But unlikely that these scenarios happen so we need our picks..

Edited by facelessman07

First of all, no need to draft a RB in the first round this year. Plenty of good RB, including Lacy, will fall into the 3rd round or so. Although, I would agree. I'd like to see us draft someone like Werner, but he's likely not going to be available by the time we're making our 1st pick.

Second of all, >Bleacher Report.

DE is our biggest need presently there's talent on our roster but a real tasty prospect wouldn't hurt. However isn't this years draft class stacked with DE potential

TE is covered by Coffman et al RB will be interesting to see how high they reach - not sure if we need a guard, Svitech, Reynolds and Manley should factors next season!

Edited by leftfield

I don't think I would trade up. That said I really really want somebody besides just poor Abe. Just once I want someone out there with him so its not always just on him. That just sounds awesome to me. Have a guy like a Allen or a Watt out there with Abe? Please lord allow us to find a competent DE for Abe's sake.

After reading this Mock Draft I got to thinking ... Wouldn't it be nice if we could trade up and take a top tier DE?

I don't like trading away draft picks because the more you have the better the chance of picking a diamond. That being said would it be nice to have a Top 10 pick in this years draft? I wonder if Cleveland would like to trade w/ us again. I'd almost take Lacy in the 1st if he's still around, I don't like Linemen out of the MidWest ...

Look where they have us picking too !!!

http://bleacherrepor...sional-playoffs

Only if your 100% and there is no other option in FA personally I think its a unrealistic ask.

If we do we have do it has to be the best athlete in a given position chosen on defense.

The only guy I'd make a move for would be Alec Ogletree I think this guy has Superstar written all over him imagine what Nolan could do with Weatherspoon Nic & Ogletree and a big body in front of that trio and you could bring the pain.