**** Sherman . . . Extra Point Offsides?

HolyMoses

What was THAT about? Two offsides in a row? Seemed like complete Bush league stuff. Was he thinking he would get lucky on the timing? Get a cheap shot on Bryant? Just mess with us?

It was one of the stranger things I have seen watching football.

FWIT, I think defensive penalties inside the two and a half yard line should result in an extra down. The defense has no disincentive to try to guess the snap from that yardage. If they guess right, it can be a big play for a loss, or even a fumble. If they are offsides, so what? Its a yard . . . or less.

He was laughing with Bryant after the first one.

I couldn't really blame the guy at that stage he was trying to spark his team with a block... at that point I was impressed that he hadn't given up.

Which I later found out Seahawks don't give up.

I actually was thinking that he was probably sending a message to his team more than he was trying to change the score. It was actually effective. Like sending a goon out to start a fight when a team is down 3-0 in hockey.

What was THAT about? Two offsides in a row? Seemed like complete Bush league stuff. Was he thinking he would get lucky on the timing? Get a cheap shot on Bryant? Just mess with us?

It was one of the stranger things I have seen watching football.

FWIT, I think defensive penalties inside the two and a half yard line should result in an extra down. The defense has no disincentive to try to guess the snap from that yardage. If they guess right, it can be a big play for a loss, or even a fumble. If they are offsides, so what? Its a yard . . . or less.

Actually the second penalty got tacked on to the end of the next kickoff.

I really wish we would've went for 2. If it worked, 28. If it didn't, offsides on the defense and a retry.

They did give him a 5 yard penalty for the KO. They did change the rules to where they are penalized on the kickoff.

There should be an automatic fake in that situation. The end from the offsides side just slides into the endzone and the holder makes the throw.