I Think We Should No Huddle The 49Ers To Death!

The only team that did that successfully was New England, and it took three quarters for the defense to get tired.

Green Bay tried, but their offense could not stay on the field and their defense could not get us off the field.

And no offense, despite Atlanta's accomplishment this year, I do not think that their offense is as good as GB and NE, and the numbers show their defense is much worse.

The 49ers specialize in eating up the clock with running plays.

The only team that did that successfully was New England, and it took three quarters for the defense to get tired.

Green Bay tried, but their offense could not stay on the field and their defense could not get us off the field.

And no offense, despite Atlanta's accomplishment this year, I do not think that their offense is as good as GB and NE, and the numbers show their defense is much worse.

Atlanta has much better weapons than NE and GB. GB and NE just have much better QB's. To beat them, just take always what they like. To beat Ryan, you have to force him to beat you. Seattle had mixed results with it as they couldn't stop the run or the pass but did in the 2nd half.

As a Niner fan I can say that its not a bad idea, tho don't expect it work like it did for the Pats. They made is work because they were way behind and actually went for it on 4th down 6 times. They were 3 for 16 on 3rd tho. They converted 5 of those 6 4ths and Belichick got criticism for the 1 they didn't get at the end.

Go figure.

Edited by Marvin49

Yes, limit their substitutions and blitz calls. People call Patriots gimmicky but they're ahead of the curve. You saw how many times the Texans were winded and not lined up properly on defense yesterday?

It has to be uptempo no huddle like Oregon / Patriots too, not the sugar / muddle huddle.

Agree I saw a couple of times especially inside the red zone Brady just quick snapped them and the Texan's were'nt even lined up.

Bad Coaching I mean surely the Patriots all of a sudden have'nt just done this overnight there must be boatloads of film on this throughout the season.

Atlanta has much better weapons than NE and GB. GB and NE just have much better QB's. To beat them, just take always what they like. To beat Ryan, you have to force him to beat you. Seattle had mixed results with it as they couldn't stop the run or the pass but did in the 2nd half.

Well, that could be true, but if you want to tire out the San Francisco defense, you actually have to get the 49ers offense off the field, and from the stats I am looking at, Atlanta is in the bottom quartile in almost every defensive stat. By contrast, New England is in the top third and Green Bay in the top half.

If you cannot stop the run, the 49ers can eat up most of the first half on two or three drives. If you look at games where fatigue was a factor, New England was successful because their defense showed up in the second half. Combined with the no huddle, they were able to put up 24 points in the final quarter whereas they had only put up 3 points in the first half. And Seattle did the same thing, although a lot of that fatigue was probably carried over from the Patriots game.

On the other hand, I think Seattle is a very physical team and probably hurt Atlanta a lot more than GB hurt the 49ers. Based on the stats, I would be suprised if Atlanta's defense will do a good job holding off the 49ers (especially after getting pounded by Seattle) or stopping the run (especially considering the quality of the 4 backs the 49ers use to drive the ball forward on the ground).

I do not want to get overconfident because Atlanta did not get the top seed by not being one of the best teams in the NFC, but the 49ers have been very good against teams built like the Falcons and the only team Atlanta has played this year that is anything like the 49ers was the Seahawks. Atlanta barely won despite having a weeks rest and homefield advantage.

Edited by CandlestickBum

Guest Negatorris

There are few QBs that run the no huddle better than Ryan. The only QB I'd say is better, is Brady himself. I don't see us getting down as much as NE did, and our defense is underrated. The D was playing not to lose in the 2nd half yesterday. Don't sleep on this team bro.

Well, that could be true, but if you want to tire out the San Francisco defense, you actually have to get the 49ers offense off the field, and from the stats I am looking at, Atlanta is in the bottom quartile in almost every defensive stat. By contrast, New England is in the top third and Green Bay in the top half.

If you cannot stop the run, the 49ers can eat up most of the first half on two or three drives. If you look at games where fatigue was a factor, New England was successful because their defense showed up in the second half. Combined with the no huddle, they were able to put up 24 points in the final quarter whereas they had only put up 3 points in the first half. And Seattle did the same thing, although a lot of that fatigue was probably carried over from the Patriots game.

On the other hand, I think Seattle is a very physical team and probably hurt Atlanta a lot more than GB hurt the 49ers. Based on the stats, I would be suprised if Atlanta's defense will do a good job holding off the 49ers (especially after getting pounded by Seattle) or stopping the run (especially considering the quality of the 4 backs the 49ers use to drive the ball forward on the ground).

I do not want to get overconfident because Atlanta did not get the top seed by not being one of the best teams in the NFC, but the 49ers have been very good against teams built like the Falcons and the only team Atlanta has played this year that is anything like the 49ers was the Seahawks. Atlanta barely won despite having a weeks rest and homefield advantage.

Takeaway's and Points against are the most valuable stats followed by stopping the run.this has been an issue for us but we did takeaway Lynch yesterday 16 carries for 46 yards now thats good going and while Wilson got his we still came out on top and for the best part of 3 QTR's the Falcons were in cruise control in this game.

Which teams built like the falcons have they played?

There are few QBs that run the no huddle better than Ryan. The only QB I'd say is better, is Brady himself. I don't see us getting down as much as NE did, and our defense is underrated. The D was playing not to lose in the 2nd half yesterday. Don't sleep on this team bro.

It is the strategy I would use, since San Francisco keeps pretty much all its defensive players in the whole game. I am just really uncertain Atlanta can pull it off. The Patriots did it, but even then, a lot of their success had to do with the fact that:

1) The 49ers ran a very conservative offensive scheme in the second half.

2) Brady is one of the best Quarterbacks of all time.

3) Brady had a lot of luck in the 4th quarter.

Is it possible that Atlanta could tire the 49ers defense and score 24 points in 12 minutes? Anyting is possible, but I do not think it is very likely. I think getting the extra week of rest, facing Green Bay at home and then facing a similarly offensively oriented team that probably got pretty bruised up by Seattle is a pretty big advantage.

It is the strategy I would use, since San Francisco keeps pretty much all its defensive players in the whole game. I am just really uncertain Atlanta can pull it off. The Patriots did it, but even then, a lot of their success had to do with the fact that:

1) The 49ers ran a very conservative offensive scheme in the second half.

2) Brady is one of the best Quarterbacks of all time.

3) Brady had a lot of luck in the 4th quarter.

Is it possible that Atlanta could tire the 49ers defense and score 24 points in 12 minutes? Anyting is possible, but I do not think it is very likely. I think getting the extra week of rest, facing Green Bay at home and then facing a similarly offensively oriented team that probably got pretty bruised up by Seattle is a pretty big advantage.

...and Brady needed 4th down to pull it off. He was 5 of 6 on 4th after going 3 of 16 on 3rd.

I don't see the Falcons going for it on 4th down 6 times unless they are way behind.

...and Brady needed 4th down to pull it off. He was 5 of 6 on 4th after going 3 of 16 on 3rd.

I don't see the Falcons going for it on 4th down 6 times unless they are way behind.

The Falcons held Seattle under their rushing average, but then again, Seattle has really been enjoying homefield advantage. They are not as good of a road team.

Seattle was also the only good rushing team Atlanta had faced this year and the game was a shootout at the end.

Edited by CandlestickBum

Green Bay (twice), New England (in Foxborough), New Orleans (in the Superdome).

The only offensively oriented passing team we had trouble with this year was the Giants. I do not know what to say about that one. They had our number.

Green Bay offense can't run the ball, or use the TE like Falcons. Giants had your #.... ummmm ph34r.png, did you happen to notice what Falcons did to the Giants in mid-December with their season on the line?

The Falcons held Seattle under their rushing average, but then again, Seattle has really been enjoying homefield advantage. They are not as good of a road team.

Seattle was also the only good rushing team Atlanta had faced this year and the game was a shootout at the end.

Dude, your so uninformed it F N hurts. The Redskins, with a fully healthy RGIII, are better than good at running the ball. don't believe me... check their stats. So is Carolina... when their dumbarse OC decided to actually call runs. Saints can run, when they aren't passing to pad Brees' stats. Tampa Bay... can you say Doug Martin? Raiders when Run DMC was playing. Charles in KC... who? who? Oh yeah that guy!!rolleyes.gif