Coach Smith Talking About Coffman Alot In

Really liked Coffman when he came out of Missouri. He looked like he was going to be the perfect weapon to compliment Carson Palmer and the rest of those weapons the Bengals had on the outside. Don't quite know what happened but he never really got on the field there, then pretty much disappeared after they cut him.

This might prove to be a savvy pickup by TD. You'll never replace Tony Gonzalez (and I may be jumping the gun here), but that catch yesterday really showed me something, and reminded me of what a dynamic receiving threat he was in college.

6'6", 250 lbs. and you see how rangy he is when the ball is in the air. The key is limiting him as a potential liability on blocking assignments.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

Really liked Coffman when he came out of Missouri. He looked like he was going to be the perfect weapon to compliment Carson Palmer and the rest of those weapons the Bengals had on the outside. Don't quite know what happened but he never really got on the field there, then pretty much disappeared after they cut him.

This might prove to be a savvy pickup by TD. You'll never replace Tony Gonzalez (and I may be jumping the gun here), but that catch yesterday really showed me something, and reminded me of what a dynamic receiving threat he was in college.

6'6", 250 lbs. and you see how rangy he is when the ball is in the air. The key is limiting him as a potential liability on blocking assignments.

He was injured when he was with the Bengals and then the Bucs signed him and he was later waived. Hey it's our fortune now due to the Bengal's misfortune. We've got a helluva steal getting this guy who was a beast in college.

Guest Negatorris

Coffman made a **** of a catch yesterday. I think we need to throw a few balls his way again on Sunday, to see what we have. We may not even have to go look for another TE, if Coffman is in his college form.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I did not know coffman made that catch. but then I went home and saw the highlights and saw 96....and I was in shock even more then what I was already.

he honestly was a tony 2.0

it was an amazing amazing catch

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Coffman made a **** of a catch yesterday. I think we need to throw a few balls his way again on Sunday, to see what we have. We may not even have to go look for another TE, if Coffman is in his college form.

facebook_like_button_by_alibedar-d4puivv.jpg

I too thought that was Gonzalez. I even turned to the people I was watching the game with and said, "That's gonna be d@mn hard to replace."

As a matter of fact, Gonzalez scored right after that with an amazing toe tap as well, and I think even Billick thought it was Tony on the previous catch also. They showed both catches while he raved about Gonzalez, and I son't recall him mentioning Coffman... but the audio was kinda hard to hear.

The kid definitely looks like a keeper. I was certain that was #88 with the type of athleticism he showed on the sideline catch. It would be nice if we don't have to use a higher pick on this kid. I think the fact that he was seeing game action in the postseason speaks to him being in the teams longterm plans.

Guys...seriously. It was a great catch, sure, but he was only on the field for two snaps that game, two. That catch was one of the two. This is comparable to the Davis catch against the Eagles in so many ways. Part of the reason for the success was the fact that he's rarely on the field. I'd love to see him become great for us too, but let's not assume that b/c of one catch (no matter how good it was) that he's going to, all of a sudden, be making cathes left and right. For now, he is still a project.

Guest Negatorris

Guys...seriously. It was a great catch, sure, but he was only on the field for two snaps that game, two. That catch was one of the two. This is comparable to the Davis catch against the Eagles in so many ways. Part of the reason for the success was the fact that he's rarely on the field. I'd love to see him become great for us too, but let's not assume that b/c of one catch (no matter how good it was) that he's going to, all of a sudden, be making cathes left and right. For now, he is still a project.

No it was not comparable to the Davis catch. Davis made a nice grab but he was wide open in the endzone. Coffman was covered and boxed out by the sidelines, and made a catch that ONLY one of our Big 3 would make. I don't think you understand the difficulty of that feat.

No it was not comparable to the Davis catch. Davis made a nice grab but he was wide open in the endzone. Coffman was covered and boxed out by the sidelines, and made a catch that ONLY one of our Big 3 would make. I don't think you understand the difficulty of that feat.

Difficulty, What does that word mean? Difficulty?

Edit: LOL

Edited by maorifalcon