It Took A Wide Receiver...

I know im gonna get flamed for this but im just curious. When Julio got the pick, he fell down, got up, and just threw the ball down without being touched. Isn't that technically a fumble in the endzone?

Maybe technically. But if the refs had try to call it that way, they'd have never gotten out of the building alive. If you think the "outfield fly" was bad....man.

I know im gonna get flamed for this but im just curious. When Julio got the pick, he fell down, got up, and just threw the ball down without being touched. Isn't that technically a fumble in the endzone?

he clearly had possession, and gave himself up by going to the ground and was down. end of play

I've heard some say that's basically the same as a touchback on a kick off? not sure, maybe some of the rules gurus here can clarify?

personally I would have like to have seen him return it for a TD the other way, now THAT would have been the sh!t!!

Edited by papachaz