What Did You Do When Matt Bryant Kicked The Game-Winning Field Goal? Version 2.0

NJDirtyBird7

I asked this question earlier in the season after the panthers-falcons game and got some funny stories. soo here it is, What did you do when matt bryant kicked the game-winning field goal?

I ran throughout the bar yellin and screamin (don't remember what the heII i was sayin), and hugged fellow falcon fan strangers. Most of the bar was giants and jets fans, i'm sure they were all staring at me like I was nuts. The end result was a bruised up hand, rolled ankle, and somehow hurt my jaw. All worth it!

Edited by NJDirtyBird7

I was screaming my heart out while jumping up and down with my mom and sister. We all began to sing the song "FALCONS ON TOP! FALCONS GONNA WIN! NEVER GIVING UP, NEVER GIVING IN!" As loud as we could. My mom began to cry too because she's been such a hardcore fan for so long and she loved that moment so much.

After we won and saw Tony G crying because he got his first playoff win I couldn't help but cry I was so happy for the man.

london had a "bundle" we lined up like teams do during penalty shoot-outs do in soccer. Interlocked arms like a human wall with our backs to the Seahawks fans!! We were a bit disoriented after the icing of the kicker bit - the miss was almost pleasing to me anyway but as others have stated Pete Carrolls' double gamesmanship 1 calling a TO then 2 questioning the TO was a bit of a rhum do....

Our group knew/know Matt is money but we ripped it up when it went up - the last 8 seconds though were a bit of a worry especially Boshers' damp squib kick.

Actually sort of poignent for me: On Saturday, I decided that watching Matt Ryan's first playoff victory was the sort of memory I thought my twelve year old son should have, so I bought a couple of uppder deck tickets for $160 total.

For some reason, presumably because I lost my own father last May, I was tearing up pregame as the players were announced, it just seemed like that powerful a moment, and the kind of moment I was blessed to be sharing with my older kid (my 9 year old doesn't really appreciate football yet) . . . .

But getting to your question, when the final kick sailed through, I picked him up in my arms and screamed in the poor guy's ear . . . . for a while . . . like half a minute or something. At some point, I thought to myself, "I hope he remembers this in a few years when he's figured out I'm a complete A-hole and he has decided he hates me. Maybe it will take the edge off. Maybe this will help us survive his adolescence.

Edited by holymoses

I was up in section 343 and I honestly didn't cheer, I remained "not satisfied" because of the 8 seconds remaining on the clock. As soon as Julio intercepted the ball is when I started going crazy, jumping, dancing, hugging/high fiving random Falcons fans around me like I always do.

Actually sort of poignent for me: On Saturday, I decided that watching Matt Ryan's first playoff victory was the sort of memory I thought my twelve year old son should have, so I bought a couple of uppder deck tickets for $160 total.

For some reason, presumably because I lost my own father last May, I was tearing up as we players were announced, it just seemed like that powerful a moment, and the kind of moment I was blessed to be sharing with my (older) kid . . . .

And when the kick sailed through, I picked him up in my arms and screamed in the poor guy's ear . . . . for a while . . . like half a minute or something. At some point, I thought to myself, "I hope he remembers this moment in a few years when he's figured out I'm a complete A-hole and he has decided he hates me. Maybe it will take the edge off."

I lost my Dad 1 June 2007, and our favorite moment was at the Monday Night Opener in the GA Dome for the 2004 season. For me and him, that moment we talked about about litterally to just days before his passing. I know he enjoyed it, and He knows I enjoyed. I'm very glad you got to do that with your son.

For some reason, presumably because I lost my own father last May, I was tearing up as we players were announced, it just seemed like that powerful a moment, and the kind of moment I was blessed to be sharing with my (older) kid . . . .

And when the kick sailed through, I picked him up in my arms and screamed in the poor guy's ear . . . . for a while . . . like half a minute or something. At some point, I thought to myself, "I hope he remembers this moment in a few years when he's figured out I'm a complete A-hole and he has decided he hates me. Maybe it will take the edge off."

Wow, thanks for sharing this. Great stuff. I hope the Falcons players and staff get to read some of these posts so they know what these games mean to people.

As for me, when the FG sailed through I waited for my feet to return to the ground after my neighbor bear hugged me and picked me up, then I hugged my son and yelled like an idiot (until I realized the game wasn't over and we had to kickoff).