Our Punter Choked!

Blitz28179

Our punter bosher IMO is what caused the easy comeback by the seaturds by giving them great field position in the 2nd half.He shouldnt be given a day off.

Also not 100% sure but is he the one that choked on the squib kick at the end of the game too?

What was the squib kick deal? I haven't seen or read much about that. I figured they wanted to keep it away from Leon, but why not kick it through endzone like he had most of the game? Seemed weird at the time, but I was reeling from the FG and the whole second half. That was quite a game. Congrats.

What was the squib kick deal? I haven't seen or read much about that. I figured they wanted to keep it away from Leon, but why not kick it through endzone like he had most of the game? Seemed weird at the time, but I was reeling from the FG and the whole second half. That was quite a game. Congrats.

A squib kick is suppose to go to the middle of the field where a big fullback is suppose to get it instead of washington..Well watching the replay the guy(bosher?) totally whiffed on the kick and it turned out to be an onside kick.

A squib kick is suppose to go to the middle of the field where a big fullback is suppose to get it instead of washington..Well watching the replay the guy(bosher?) totally whiffed on the kick and it turned out to be an onside kick.

Didn't realize he whiffed, I thought it was by design. Makes way more sense that he just made a mistake vs trying an onside kick. My newest Falcon friend sitting next to me almost needed CPR after that kick. There were some serious emotional swings for both sets of fans yesterday.

Didn't realize he whiffed, I thought it was by design. Makes way more sense that he just made a mistake vs trying an onside kick. My newest Falcon friend sitting next to me almost needed CPR after that kick. There were some serious emotional swings for both sets of fans yesterday.

Yeah they showed a slo motion replay and it looked like he whiffed, just like he did on his punts in the 2nd half.

Plenty of mistakes yesterday, but i will single out Bosher as - unlike the others - not really making up for it.

Smitty - bad decision on the TO, saving too much time on the clock. BUT he clearly had his team ready to go, and his leadership is obvious when hearing from the players (there's no Charles Woodson questioning the schemes or gameplan with the Falcons, the players all love him)

Ryan - the 2nd INT was a poor decision, regardless of whether there should have been PI. In that situation, the safer passes and runs made more sense. BUT he made the plays when he had to. His last two passes were right where they had to be. The offense doubled what SEA had been giving up - so folks complaining about Ryan are just showing how dumb they are.

Nolan - never made an adjustment to slow down (forget about stopping) Miller. BUT i disagree with those complaining about the lack of blitzing. As we've discussed regarding the read-option, the key is not to do what GB did - allow for big plays from the QB's legs. Wilson did what the D is forcing him to do - throw the ball accurately down the field. sometimes, you have to tip your cap to a player being great.

Bosher - multiple punts that were poor, allowing SEA the ball outside of their 30, plus the squib that became a bad onside kick. What did he do to make up for those mistakes? kick it deep on most of (but not all) the other kickoffs? Granted, the punter doesn't have as many opportunities to make up for mistakes, but he certainly did nothing yesterday to justify his draft pick. yikes. Falcons need him to step up, hopefully the butterflies are gone now.

Plenty of mistakes yesterday, but i will single out Bosher as - unlike the others - not really making up for it.

Smitty - bad decision on the TO, saving too much time on the clock. BUT he clearly had his team ready to go, and his leadership is obvious when hearing from the players (there's no Charles Woodson questioning the schemes or gameplan with the Falcons, the players all love him)

Ryan - the 2nd INT was a poor decision, regardless of whether there should have been PI. In that situation, the safer passes and runs made more sense. BUT he made the plays when he had to. His last two passes were right where they had to be. The offense doubled what SEA had been giving up - so folks complaining about Ryan are just showing how dumb they are.

Nolan - never made an adjustment to slow down (forget about stopping) Miller. BUT i disagree with those complaining about the lack of blitzing. As we've discussed regarding the read-option, the key is not to do what GB did - allow for big plays from the QB's legs. Wilson did what the D is forcing him to do - throw the ball accurately down the field. sometimes, you have to tip your cap to a player being great.

Bosher - multiple punts that were poor, allowing SEA the ball outside of their 30, plus the squib that became a bad onside kick. What did he do to make up for those mistakes? kick it deep on most of (but not all) the other kickoffs? Granted, the punter doesn't have as many opportunities to make up for mistakes, but he certainly did nothing yesterday to justify his draft pick. yikes. Falcons need him to step up, hopefully the butterflies are gone now.

agreed on all accounts, Bosher def had a bad game punting, am thinking his nerves will be better next week

the timeout with 13 seconds left really was unexplainable, I did not see who called it though, while at the game I just figured it was the pass catcher that called it

Said this in another thread, but Bosher didn't try to squib kick that ball. Smith said it was supposed to be a squib though & he just kicked it too easy. But the endzone angle replay showed that Bosher never followed through with his leg on the kick and immediately went after the ball like it was an onside kick. My personal guess is that Smith wanted a squib kick and somewhere between Smith, Stutlovich, Armstrong, & Bosher what Smith has wanted became lost in translation. Bosher went out there thinking it was an onside kick because of a miscommunication somewhere. Smith didn't know at the post game press conference where the breakdown occurred, or if he did, he chose not to address it publicly.