My Story Watching The Game

I know this story is stupid. I am 47. Exactly 20 years older than Matt Ryan (to the day!). I became a falcons fan in 1975 when I was 10. My wife is from Seattle ( she does not care much for the Seahawks or football in general). During the first half they were all out shopping. Things were going great. As the 4rth quarter started she sat down and started watching. As the debacle began. I started being superstitious. I put on and off various pieces of falcons gear. Hat on , Hat off. Sweatshirt on. Hoodie on. Drink out of the falcons mug. Trying to find that mojo that would help my team win. I even grabbed on to alternating dogs of mine. Finally at the 2:00 minute warning. I look at loving wife. Aha!!!. I gotta ditch her. I run downstairs. Daughter is watching "John Carter" crap. I go to her room. Where the **** is the remote!. I tell daughter find your remote or no John Carter. Your mom is killing the Falcons. A couple of minutes later remote is found. "Here is you precious remote" she says. So I finally get upstairs with the remote for her room> I tell my wife I can't watch this with you. I am sorry. as Lynch scores. I leave to go watch by myself. Wife says "You know whats going to happen" I say "No I don't. I have seen this before" I go in the daughters bedroom and jam my fingers in my ears as they kick off. I watch in knowing fascination.

HD catch: quiet fist pump.

Time out. I hear something vaguely from the other room. I work harder at tuning that out.

Gonzales catch: OMG here we go.

Remember I have my fingers jammed in my ears. I can't hear anything. TV Sound is off.

Bryant: steps up. I can see that they call time out. He kicks but I know it was just a warm up.

They line up SNAP SPOT HOLD. Its GOOD!. "YES!!!!!!!"

but it aint over yet.

After Julio intercepts the ball. "FALCONS WIN FALCONS WIN FALCONS WIN" (I can just hear Skip Caray in my head)

They show Tony. He is crying. **** I am crying. I am so superstitious. And the family thinks I am an idiot.

So I am going to find a cave in Tibet to watch next weekends game I think.

Edited by vagabond_falcon

Haha man that's great

listen to this....: I started chewing gum right before the game was 21 - 27 and as soon as they went up by one point it dawned on me that Pete Carroll chews gum like it's his religion so I hurried up and spit that chit out........ AND WE WON!!!

I will never ever ever....evaa evahhaaaaaa chew gum again during a Falcons game again.

Edited by slick0ne

Haha man that's great

listen to this....: I started chewing gum right before the game was 21 - 27 and as soon as they went up by one point it dawned on me that Pete Carroll chews come like it's his religion so I hurried up and spit that chit out........ AND WE WON!!!

I will never ever ever....evaa evahhaaaaaa chew gum again during a Falcons game again.

Awesome! We are fanatics after all.

I usually order a papa johns pizza at the dome during warm ups and eat pregame. I didn't do that in the week 17 loss to Tampa Bay, and I started thinking about that on my way to the dome after I had already eaten breakfast.

So I forced down half the pizza and was to full to finish during pregame. I started getting a feeling during the Seahawks opening TD drive in 3rd quarter and forced my stomach to finish that pizza so I didn't jinx the second half by only eating half my pizza.

We're all superstitious idiots, but "It's only stupid if it doesn't work!"

Ha, great stuff guys. My superstition is that of all the Falcons games that I've been to, they have never lost. I have already secured my conference championship tickets, so no worries. I will be there and we will win!

That's what I'm talking about!!! Gonna have to get you some Superbowl tickets too smile.png

I usually order a papa johns pizza at the dome during warm ups and eat pregame. I didn't do that in the week 17 loss to Tampa Bay, and I started thinking about that on my way to the dome after I had already eaten breakfast.

So I forced down half the pizza and was to full to finish during pregame. I started getting a feeling during the Seahawks opening TD drive in 3rd quarter and forced my stomach to finish that pizza so I didn't jinx the second half by only eating half my pizza.

We're all superstitious idiots, but "It's only stupid if it doesn't work!"

So, no pizza for you from halftime to the end of the game. Eat it all pregame or just leave it (or, maybe you had to finish it, but because you had to work so hard to force it down, that's the reason we had to work so hard to pull out the win?)

Could not watch in regular motion....daughter watching with me. I paused the dvr and played the Bryant kick in slo motion...daughter did not like that but she had been warned. I kept telling my daughter...."that looks good to me what do you think?" Go ahead and play reg speed Dad I think its good. "No...not yet" "No...not yet".......... NOW! reg speed and the ball splits the uprights...no doubts!

Edited by jm_falcons

Here's the deal with my fanaticism.

A. I never go watch any games at my rich uncle's house cause he's got bad mojo I tell ya. (Probably cause he jumped ship to cowboys when he move to dallas)

B. Set the volume to 33 cause Turner needs some mojo

C. No Church on Sunday games. Went to church twice and lost saints game and bucs game.

D. NEVER eat at cheesecake factory on Sunday. you miss some of the game it's bad mojo.

E. Take off the New Era hat entering the house.

F. Wear the Falcons polo on victory monday to continue the trend!

i also wore that falons shirt to buffalo wild wings one day when my (ex) wife decided she wanted to go cheat on me so i was like f this and went to bdubs and watched the raiders game, she came home and wanted to cry on me i told her not to get her ****in tears on my falcons shirt that theyre undefeated and doesnt need to curse the teams

then she recently left for good and we are hosting the first nfc championship game in franchise history, i was also cut from my semi pro team after making a game saving tackle when i first got with her. she def a bad luck charm glad that ho is gone.