Quick Question About The Read Option...

raumin

Prime Time was talking last night that You can't touch these QB's now days because REFs keep their flag very close to them. They were saying if we played in this era.. Don't know what would happen.. Irvin was like.. oh I might go crazy LOL

I saw what Prime Time said, he was talking in reference to helmet to helmet. I still see his point if you're still going to punish the QB for becoming a runner.

I saw what Prime Time said, he was talking in reference to helmet to helmet. I still see his point if you're still going to punish the QB for becoming a runner.

They should put skirts on these QB's.. I really hate running QB because most of the time, they get extra yards acting oh we are getting out of bounds or going down...

It depends in the read options, a QB will typically pull up prior to getting close to opposing players. If the QB does not engage in blocking and does not "act" as a runner, it would draw a flag for sure.

However if the QB decides to "act" as a runner, then the opposing player has the right to light him up.

It depends in the read options, a QB will typically pull up prior to getting close to opposing players. If the QB does not engage in blocking and does not "act" as a runner, it would draw a flag for sure.

However if the QB decides to "act" as a runner, then the opposing player has the right to light him up.

So lets say:

1)QB and Runner meet in the center back field, RB gets the ball and runs off tackle right and the QB acts like he has the ball but runs off tackle left to draw LBs towards him. Can the LBs light him up because the QB is acting like he has the ball?

1) QB and RB both run to the left (or right) and the QB hands the ball to the runner once he sees defenders commit to hitting the QB, AND the QB lets up after the hand off.

Edited by raumin