London Falcon Fans Rose Up

MattM12

After reading a thread that UK Falcon UK started on getting falcon fans together for a game at a bar, it was time to rise on up, get away from the home comforts and watch the biggest game of the year with some true falcons fans.

Needless to say, the night was well worth hopping on the tube.. not without it's own drama though..!

I got to the bar (Marylebone for any of you guys who are in London for business) and only saw a handful of Falcon fans....

As luck would have it, I bumped into Leftfield from the boards! We talked ball and watched the first half with a young french guy who loved his falcons, a great way to watch the game.

Couple that with a monster hotdog, far too many beers and 20-0, safe to say we were in high spirits.

I went out for a smoke with Leftfield and we were greeted with the sight of 3-4 falcon jerseys puffing away!

It transpired that these were all of UK Falcon UK's buddys and they had a great section downstairs in the bar.

-----------------

We went down and were greeted with open arms by UK and his buddys. Some die hard fans, some guys new to the game. Everyone to a man was great fun, and well into the game.

Every score, every first down, every PD.. High fives all round. Awesome stuff.

Seahawks fans were in full attendance, and started to let us know... Drama was on the horizon.

Were we loud throughout? Y'all would've been proud...

turns out we were a little too loud for one of the seahawks fans...

---------------------

When Wilson scored on the scramble, the very silent Seahawk fan got up, walked towards us and screamed "YEEEEEEEEESSSS" in our faces. Bad mistake.

UK Falcon was having none of it. I don't advocate violence, but it's awesome to know we have UK fans that will throw down for our birds, if that's what it takes.

We also have Falcon fans who make sure it stays friendly (this guy). UK falcon will attest to the fact that I'm not a small guy, so standing in the middle of that pressure cooker was probably the best thing to do at the time.

Tensions dropped a little, apologies made by the Hawk fan, and into the final minutes we went.

--------------------

I'll fast foward thorugh the painful parts, and skip to the final drive.

8-9 Falcon fans, arm in arm, watching the last drive.

• Completion, HD. We go crazy. (high fives, spillt beer)
  • Completion, TG. We go crazier. (more high fives, no one is paying attention to beer)
  • FG unit, arm in arm. Timeout. (people pacing, praying, taking a knee)
  • FG, 49 yarder from the right hash. Money.

At this point, the group explodes into screams, high fives, hugs, more beer spillt.

It was genuinely one of the greatest moments ever, let alone in my Falcons fandom.

To Dave, Rory and all of Dave's buddies, it was a pleasure, and i'll see you guys next week.

Class acts, great knowledge, and really care about our birds.

The UK rose up, be proud Atlanta.

Matt

Awesome story. Sounds like you guys represented the Falcons well. Looking forward to more stories from next week. Keep 'em coming.

One of UK's buddies took a photo of us all too (minus leftfield he had to get home), which i'm sure he'll share if he can get it.

Oh we are getting there EARLY next week ;)

Would love to see pictures if you've got them.

ha we'll see what we can do!

There is also (worryingly), some video footage. The guy running the night at the bar was videoing us on a camcorder during the final few minutes. If he get's that footage online it should be a hilarious watch, we lost our freaking minds at the end!!!!

glad you enjoyed the story Dardan, will likely write another.

Matt

ha we'll see what we can do!

There is also (worryingly), some video footage. The guy running the night at the bar was videoing us on a camcorder during the final few minutes. If he get's that footage online it should be a hilarious watch, we lost our freaking minds at the end!!!!

glad you enjoyed the story Dardan, will likely write another.

Matt

Ha! Yes, I can see how that might be problematic. Hopefully, the barkeep is a Falcons fan, too.

The wife and I were in London in Oct. and the cabbies, when they heard we were from ATL, were up to date on our teams record and enthused over our success. In fact the whole town nearly supports the Falcons. It wasn't BS for a tip, they actually named players who were their favorites. It was a good feeling.

After reading a thread that UK Falcon UK started on getting falcon fans together for a game at a bar, it was time to rise on up, get away from the home comforts and watch the biggest game of the year with some true falcons fans.

Needless to say, the night was well worth hopping on the tube.. not without it's own drama though..!

I got to the bar (Marylebone for any of you guys who are in London for business) and only saw a handful of Falcon fans....

As luck would have it, I bumped into Leftfield from the boards! We talked ball and watched the first half with a young french guy who loved his falcons, a great way to watch the game.

Couple that with a monster hotdog, far too many beers and 20-0, safe to say we were in high spirits.

I went out for a smoke with Leftfield and we were greeted with the sight of 3-4 falcon jerseys puffing away!

It transpired that these were all of UK Falcon UK's buddys and they had a great section downstairs in the bar.

-----------------

We went down and were greeted with open arms by UK and his buddys. Some die hard fans, some guys new to the game. Everyone to a man was great fun, and well into the game.

Seahawks fans were in full attendance, and started to let us know... Drama was on the horizon.

---------------------

When Wilson scored on the scramble, the very silent Seahawk fan got up, walked towards us and screamed "YEEEEEEEEESSSS" in our faces. Bad mistake.

UK Falcon was having none of it. I don't advocate violence, but it's awesome to know we have UK fans that will throw down for our birds, if that's what it takes.

We also have Falcon fans who make sure it stays friendly (this guy). UK falcon will attest to the fact that I'm not a small guy, so standing in the middle of that pressure cooker was probably the best thing to do at the time.

Tensions dropped a little, apologies made by the Hawk fan, and into the final minutes we went.

--------------------

• Completion, TG. We go crazier. (more high fives, no one is paying attention to beer)

At this point, the group explodes into screams, high fives, hugs, more beer spillt.

It was genuinely one of the greatest moments ever, let alone in my Falcons fandom.

To Dave, Rory and all of Dave's buddies, it was a pleasure, and i'll see you guys next week.

Matt

I am happy we have fans across the pond. I really wish you guys could come to training camp and some autographs and you can interact with the players after practice or maybe catch a game at the GA DOME.

Nice! Wish there would be something like that here in Sweden. I was the only one watching the game at the bar I was at. They closed everything around the time Wilson completed the deep ball to Tate during Seattles TD-drive which put them ahead. Begged them to put the game back on but they refused so I ran to another bar and asked them to switch the channel but they only would if I bought something. Told them to give me a beer and just when they put the game on Seattle made it 28-27. The rest is history. Was shaking all the way home.

Pleasure to meet you guys..

You make me sound like a thug!! ha, that guy was wrong even another Hawks fan who i spoke to after with no problem at all said he was in the wrong, funny how he vannished all of a sudden.

Anyway great write up of the night and here is to another one this Sunday!!

UK FACLON UK is not a thug... ;)

can say that for certain, just cares about his falcons. And the Hawks guy had no class

-----------------

---------------------

--------------------

Matt

MUFC fan but thanks for the London support...appreciate it.

Wish Arsenal would have tied/beat Man City. rolleyes.gif

Beautiful story guys. That's awesome. Love to hear that the Falcons have passionate fans even across the Atlantic. And it doesn't surprise me about the near miss on the fisticuffs. In a land where there are lots of soccer hooligans anything can happen.

Glad it didn't come to blows and you were able to diffuse it. Proud of you guys for cheering on the Falcons and being devoted.

Cheers.