Thought I Would Go Crazy When We Tried An Onside Kick?

Nono

Trying an onside kick and giving the peehawks the ball at midfield instead of the pooch kick to the 20 had to be a mistake. I mean in the end we won the game but dam even the TV annoucers were calling it a mistake---what the hel

Edited by Nono

we didn't try an onside kick....it's called a squib kick...he didn't kick it as hard as he should and the 1st line guy made a play on it.

Smith said in the interview it was supposed to bounce to the guys at the 15-20.....he just really hit it soft.

Edited by Markieh18

we didn't try an onside kick....it's called a squib kick...he didn't kick it as hard as he should and the 1st line guy made a play on it.

Smith said in the interview it was supposed to bounce to the guys at the 15-20.....he just really hit it soft.

That crap kick could have screwed us badly

Guest Negatorris

Just a horrible squib kick by Bosher. I don't even know why Smitty called a timeout with 13 seconds left. Should have waited until the clock was down enough to where the game would end once we kicked the FG.

Just a horrible squib kick by Bosher. I don't even know why Smitty called a timeout with 13 seconds left. Should have waited until the clock was down enough to where the game would end once we kicked the FG.

We absolutely shouldve waited. Sometimes they leave time to center the ball. I think it was in the heat of the moment and under the petense of conserving as much time as possible to keep givimg the team a chance to move the ball even more. It was a mistake. Even I was yelling just kick it right now. Stop messing around and kick the fieldgoal.

From the angle they showed from behind the kicker, he did an onside kick. Maybe it was a miscommunication, but it was definitely NOT a squib. He never followed through on the kick like you would see the leg do on a deep or squib kick, just a soft roller that Bosher was immediately following to try and recover. JMO, if Smitty said it was a squib, but he hit it really soft, then he's covering somebody's back (either STs coach or kickers) for a miscommunication because it was definitely kicked and followed up by Bosher like an onside kick.

Bosher messed up on that kick -- it was not designed to be an onside kick --he blew a squid _ADDED SORRy Meant SQUIB

Why are'nt you screaming about Ryan --he messsed up on two passes-- they were intercepted --they were not designed to be interceptions. He blew 2 passes

Rodger & Turner --got stopped on a few runs --they weren't designed to be stopped short -- they (or the blockers) messed up.

Come on guys see how silly all this can get.----Some times the execution is just off and sometimes the other guys just beats you on a given play.

Edited by delaigle

The obvious call was a squid kick. When you're up with very little time left (less than 10sec) you don't want to try and hit it out of the endzone because you may not get it out, then you can potentially surrender a good return.

I'd say 100% of the NFL coaches would have called for a squib kick in that situation.

Now that execution for it was poor to say the least.