Eli Manning's percentage of winning playoff games may be better interestingly enough. I think there's a possibility Peyton was held back a bit in Saturday's game, for me, with 31 seconds and 2 time outs, Denver should have tried to get into field goal range, even a long range field goal rather than take the knee and go into Overtime.

Eli Manning's percentage of winning playoff games may be better interestingly enough. I think there's a possibility Peyton was held back a bit in Saturday's game, for me, with 31 seconds and 2 time outs, Denver should have tried to get into field goal range, even a long range field goal rather than take the knee and go into Overtime.

While I certainly agree with you that, if you have Peyton Manning, you should always try for a field goal, I can't fault them for thinking one of the better DEFs in the NFL could get it done. Of course, they never had a chance with Peyton's turnover on their side of the field....

Flacco also had a great defense for most of his playoff games. His job was simply to not lose the game for them.

He'ls playing at a higher level this season though - he seems like he can now carry his team even if the D plays bad.

But...he still has a really bad game every now and then.

Edited by Deisun
  • 1 month later...

Flacco also had a great defense for most of his playoff games. His job was simply to not lose the game for them.

He'ls playing at a higher level this season though - he seems like he can now carry his team even if the D plays bad.

But...he still has a really bad game every now and then.

At least it isn't when it matters most.

6954248.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Baltimore paid the man. It’s now up to Joe to prove he’s capable of replicating such a feat again. If he does, the Ravens will have no qualms about his new deal. If he struggles, those dollars start to become an onerous weight both in terms of expectations on the shoulders of Flacco as well as on the Ravens salary cap going forward.

http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/The-120-million-man

We succeeded at scoring a FG in 30 seconds, but we had no choice. 31 seconds in most cases is not enough time to get a FG even with 2 timeouts. If your tied, go to OT. Plus they didn't score in a whole OT quarter so its not like you can say it was likely they score. Ed Reed back there, you have to throw deep you don't want to risk BAL getting a pick and winning in regulation.