Can We Just Have A Brief Discussion About The Squib Kick?

FantasyFOF

Squib kick was the right call. Onside kick was a poor execution of the plan. I'm thinking Bryant was still amped from The Kick and didn't quite understand what was desired of him. And yeah, I'm sitting there watching the game over my folks house and I can't exactly shout out "What the F***?!!!!", but I sure wanted to.

I think Bryant just tried to get a little cute with it and miss kicked it. There is no way that was intentional. For me though I am just kicking that thing as hard as I can. I about had a stroke when the kick happened. I couldn't believe it.

I think Bryant just tried to get a little cute with it and miss kicked it. There is no way that was intentional. For me though I am just kicking that thing as hard as I can. I about had a stroke when the kick happened. I couldn't believe it.

I am pretty sure it was Bosher. Bosher struggled on last two punts as well, I guess nerves got in to him.

Squib kick was the right call. Onside kick was a poor execution of the plan. I'm thinking Bryant was still amped from The Kick and didn't quite understand what was desired of him. And yeah, I'm sitting there watching the game over my folks house and I can't exactly shout out "What the F***?!!!!", but I sure wanted to.

Squib kick was NOT the right call. It is never, ever the right call. The only reason we beat the bears with 13 seconds left was because they squib kicked.

You seriously think giving them the ball on the 50 with 6 seconds left (where Russell could have thrown a quick out to get in field goal range) is the right call? Over just kicking it deep and ending the game?

Water under the bridge now, but I'd really love to never see us do that again

Why didn't we just run the clock down before we called TO before we kicked? No, it wasn't a perfectly called game, but you can't begin to imagine the pressure on the team in this game.

Smith was trying to get another play in before kicking the FG so he called the timeout with some time left, but then he remember what happened to Seattle before the end of first half so decides against running another play.

Squib kick was NOT the right call. It is never, ever the right call. The only reason we beat the bears with 13 seconds left was because they squib kicked.

You seriously think giving them the ball on the 50 with 6 seconds left (where Russell could have thrown a quick out to get in field goal range) is the right call? Over just kicking it deep and ending the game?

Only reason lots of teams like Eagles beat Giants were kicking to top returners. Leon Washington would have taken it to house or in good field position. It can go both ways, the problem was execution and in the CHI game falcons had 11 sec not 8.

The ball was suppose to go a lot further than the 50

A decently executed squib kick would have taken off almost all the remaining time if not all of it while leaving the ball around the 30 yard line. So yes the squib kick was the right call, but like everything else it just need to be executed correctly.