The O-Line

atljbo

Those guys had a good game... Yea we had a couple of stupid false starts but blocking wise... They had a good game.... Also a special Shout out to Peter Konz... Most thought Red Bryant and Alan Branch would kill him... Im watching the game again as we speak... The guy held his own.

These are just 2 plays but

I think thats Brandon Mebane (who has had a great season)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58humqTx190

Gets to the second level and get a good block on the LB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-2gIwaYH0

On a couple of Turners runs he had nice blocks also.....The whole O-Line had an overall good day.

Sidenote: Chase Coffman

Coffman’s grab: Backup tight end Chase Coffman had a nice caught along the sidelines for a 16-yard grab to set up Gonzalez’ 1-yard touchdown caught in the first quarter.

Coffman caught just one pass for 11 yards during the regular season.

“That was a pretty nice catch,” quarterback Matt Ryan said. “We’ve seen it in practice from Chase. That was huge for us too.”

Showing flashes in practice... I know alot of us wanted us to draft him in 09...The guy hasnt had a good start in the NFL but similar to McClain maybe TD and the Front Office found a good gem

Those guys had a good game... Yea we had a couple of stupid false starts but blocking wise... They had a good game.... Also a special Shout out to Peter Konz... Most thought Red Bryant and Alan Branch would kill him... Im watching the game again as we speak... The guy held his own.

These are just 2 plays but

I think thats Brandon Mebane (who has had a great season)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58humqTx190

Gets to the second level and get a good block on the LB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-2gIwaYH0

On a couple of Turners runs he had nice blocks also.....The whole O-Line had an overall good day.

Sidenote: Chase Coffman

Showing flashes in practice... I know alot of us wanted us to draft him in 09...The guy hasnt had a good start in the NFL but similar to McClain maybe TD and the Front Office found a good gem

Amazing catch!!! Catching it Gonzo Style!

GREAT job by the o-line!

Week after week they have been they have suffered the criticism of may on this board. The ignominy of being a Falcon offensive lineman is that you get blamed when something goes wrong and, if it goes right, all the credit goes to the running backs, receivers and QB. While all those skill players also deserve credit, today was a good day for the Beasts of ATL!

• 168 rushing yards
  • No sacks in 37 passing attempts
  • Great results in short yardage situation.

Next week will not be easy, but if are line gets the same results, we will win and be the NFC Champs!

The OL proved that we can definitely win games with them as our unit. Konz moving over to center and either Clabo inside to RG and Holmes into RT or Holmes/Reynolds fight for RG and we're good.

Our pass rush, or TOTAL LACK THEREOF without John Abraham, showed us where we need to build going forward. Cliff Matthews as our next man up was awful, and Kroy didn't have an impact. We need to come out of this offseason with an impact rusher, whether through trade (I've proposed Avril on the tag), free agency (Dwight, Avril, etc.), or the draft even if we need to move up a little bit in the 1st.

The OL proved that we can definitely win games with them as our unit. Konz moving over to center and either Clabo inside to RG and Holmes into RT or Holmes/Reynolds fight for RG and we're good.

Our pass rush, or TOTAL LACK THEREOF without John Abraham, showed us where we need to build going forward. Cliff Matthews as our next man up was awful, and Kroy didn't have an impact. We need to come out of this offseason with an impact rusher, whether through trade (I've proposed Avril on the tag), free agency (Dwight, Avril, etc.), or the draft even if we need to move up a little bit in the 1st.

yup... being able to get a 4 man pass rush is what we need to build now

I don't know that Matthews was really all that awful, it just looked to me that once they got into the backfield, the stopped pushing. almost as if by scheme, just to make sure they didn't push too far to allow wilson to get past them. but at least for the love of God put your hands up and block the midget from seeing down the field some

Yeah what was that you wanted to trade for Avril again?

I've said as much this whole year the o-line was never the problem the d-line needs help and has been found out by this trend of mobile QB's and while we have done well against RG3 and Cam we almost got burnt today.Next week will be a real test for both lines again.i fear our offense will have to protect the D-line next week.back to the power run Mularkey ball anyone with a few Koetter wrinkles thrown into the mix.

I loved how we ran the ROCK today the line Turner & Quizz were fantastic.

I was gutted in those stalled drives we went away from Turner & Quizz as they were dishing out punishment with there running today.

Pass Rush has always been an issue I wanted Mario this off season and got laughed sideways at but if we had someone similar next to Abe man.This has to be the #1 go get this off season.

Edited by kiwifalcon

The OL when they use technique and play within the protection/blocking schemes well based on the play/situation, we do VERY well on offense.

Dirk Koetter is making Mike Mularkey look like a High School coach.

Props to the OL, their coaches, too. AND Dirk's system.

Great work on all levels, men. RINSE/REPEAT!

A better front 7 coming in than this week! RISE UP!