Our Pass Rush

Oh4Real?!

or lack thereof. Jesus, we could probably use our first 4 picks on a WHOLE NEW DEFENSIVE LINE. haha

It's still quite amazing they we still find a way to win with the lack of it. Imagine if we actually had a solid pass rush and one more good LB. We'd be monstrous.

Seriously, we just can't avoid that part of our game this offseason. Anyways, See you guys next week. I'll probably be in the nosebleeds but whatever..

Every game is different. It was obvious to me they were doing the "mush rush", like many have done to Vick. They were trying to keep Wilson in front of them and then attacking when he got close. Seattle's O is tough to defend and I expect to see the same type of rush against the 9ers.

Well

Abraham didn't play the 2nd half(only pass rusher we have). The defense that was implemented by Nolan was designed to "contain" Wilson, not rush him. He didn't want the line to be too aggressive. He wanted them to contain him and make sure he didn't run for too many long gains. Expect to see more of that next week against the gold diggers.

Don't forget about the key sacks, one of which that led to Seattle to not have enough time to score before halftime. That ultimately was one of the main reasons why they loss the game.

Edited by Numbaz

Every game is different. It was obvious to me they were doing the "mush rush", like many have done to Vick. They were trying to keep Wilson in front of them and then attacking when he got close. Seattle's O is tough to defend and I expect to see the same type of rush against the 9ers.

Nolan will mix it up next Sunday...no way he puts the same D out on the field that were out there today...definitely will need to limit Colin's running lanes or he will gash us.....need to get some coverage figured out for that intermediate zone too or Davis will have a career day.

I think in this game it seemed like our DEs were trying to "set the edge" on the play action and read options. As result, there were a couple of times that Russell Wilson literally had all day.

I suspect we'll be doing the same thing nest week for Colin Kapaernik

Notwithstanding that, I agree that one or more speed rushers would have a dramatic impact on this Defense

I could be wrong but I think Wilson is better at passing on the run than Colin. As someone said earlier, Colin will make a decision to run alot faster than Wilson. That could help us out because Wilson had like forever to throw sometimes. I don't know if Colin will be that patient.

I think in this game it seemed like our DEs were trying to "set the edge" on the play action and read options. As result, there were a couple of times that Russell Wilson literally had all day.

I suspect we'll be doing the same thing nest week for Colin Kapaernik

Notwithstanding that, I agree that one or more speed rushers would have a dramatic impact on this Defense

Or a DT that can get some pressure up the middle. I'd prefer we draft at least 3 D-Line players in the draft.

Or a DT that can get some pressure up the middle. I'd prefer we draft at least 3 D-Line players in the draft.

Our DT's were very good today PJ Peters and Babs were fantastic the stats may not bare that out but they were very good.

In the draft if I can't get a good DE I'm taking the most athletic guy i can find as if you look a divisional opponents and the way the NFL is trending offensively you just have to have guys that can play in space.